Evening workout = Dragging in the a.m.

nicolegadino

Cathlete
I have just started working out again after taking the last 8 months or so off. I am not a morning person, so a.m. workouts are not an option, never have been. I've tried, just doesn't happen.

I do my workout when I get home from work (about an hour), and I always have lots of energy after, and I am usually sleeping by 1030 ish.

I've noticed that in the mornings now I am dragging and so tired that I am in slow motion. I'm eating a healthy breakfast, so not sure what else I can do.

Any suggestions?

Try drinking more water - both in the evening after your workout and the next morning when you get up. I usually drink about twice as much as I think I need, and then my energy level is pretty good. If I don't drink enough water, I drag my tail until about noon the next day, no matter how healthy I eat.

Stebby

Be sure to get enough sodium so that you absorb your water and also you might need some potassium, how about a banana post workout? Are you going straight to bed without a post workout snack? That might be the problem.

I usually have a protein shake after my workout, and then I am up for a couple hours still. I am going to increase my water intake and try a banana with breakfast in the mornign, see if that helps.
Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.