Early check in w/e 12/23/2000

H

honeybunch

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-00 AT 08:16AM (Est)[/font][p]"We wish you the merriest,the merriest, the merriest, the merriest." Let me be the first to wish all you fellow forumites a Merry Merry and a Happy Happy holiday, whichever one you celebrate, whether it be Hanukkah or Christmas. I really value what I get from all of you through these cyber chats.

Saturday: Back from an exercise week off with Bodymax...the whole thing, start to finish, abs included!!!!!! Wow-ee!
Sunday: Taebo III
Mon.: 30 minutes on the mini-trampoline..."running" at 240 bpm
Tuesday: Run/walk at the Y with my new shoes and insoles
Wed. MIS, with the warm-up from Meaner Legs
Thur. Nuttin
Friday: Imax! (with the warm-up from 10-10-10) Love this tape!!!!!!! I modify NOTHING, and actually have the strength to do some fairly good tuck jumps at the end.

Now that I worked so hard(with 5 tough cardio sessions), I will pig out today AND Monday. Deb H, I'm goin' to Gulliver's on Xmas day! (That's a local truck stop, all you that aren't familiar with the cheap restaurants in my area)

I AM working out on Christmas Day, I always do....that is a Body Max day.

Hey, Santa brought me a BREAD MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody got any hints or good recipes for me? :D :9:9:9:9:9

Hello. I'm new but hope its alright if I jump in and checkin. Trying to stay motivated. I've been working out faithfully for the last four months after being off for almost two years with health problems. I've only starting using Cathe's tapes fairthfully during this past four months ( I Love her workouts). I also use the FIRM and a few others. But Cathe is my New Favorite uprooting THE FIRM for first place. My H is getting me her new DVD 8 pac for Christmas. Anyway, my week went like this (I begin my week on Saturdays).

Sat: Tough Aerobic Mix/Five Day Abs
Sun:MIS
Mon: 32 minutes on Cardio Glide (plus warmup + Cool Down)
Tues: Knee was aching from Cardioglide-took off
Wed: Knee still bothering me---Off
Thurs: Knee still aches/tired and had to go shopping-Off
Fri; Circuit Max

Not a great week but okay for having an injury and being totally wiped out from working and the stress of last minutes Christmas shopping and getting house ready for guest. Anyway, Happy Holidays to all.

Ashes

Hi EVERYONE!!!

I'm baaaaaack! Oh my goodness, I have missed you all! We had a virus in our computer and it took nearly a week to get everything back & running. I guess of all weeks for it to happen, this past week was a good one as I have sooo much to do. We are having 7 people here for Christmas Eve & 16 on Christmas Day. Talk about sooo much to do & sooo lil' time!

HB~Great week for you! You are amazing. I need to get together with you so you can show me how you get thru those tuck jumps with almost no modifying! YIKES`those are killers!:-tired Have a great dinner at Gulliver's and IF you get in my area Christmas Day, stop in and meet the family! You must have been REAL GOOD this year if Santa already brought you a bread maching. ENJOY! :9

Ashes~GREAT to have you join us! Great week for you especially considering your injury. Be careful as you make your come-back! You are going to LOVE the 8-pack. They are awesome and getting them on DVD's is a real plus. Keep up the good work and we look forward to "seeing" you around.

I was going to post my last week's routine,(while my computer was broke down) but decided not to bore you all and just do this week's. Last week's was a very good week. This week, I taught my last two Hi/Lo classes for the year 2000 and will be off til January 8th., so I am looking forward to getting lots of Cathe in my routine these next two weeks!

Monday~Leaner LEGS, TRICEPS, BACK & SHOULDERS from CTX., Plankwork, reverse plankwork & ABS from CTX-Kickbox. Taught Hi/Lo with light toning & ABS

Tuesday~Taught a Hi/Lo class with lt. toning & ABS, CTX-BICEPS & CHEST

Wednesday~CTX-10-10-10 & Kickbox :-tired!! Felt soo good to double up!, ABS & plankwork from Power Circuit

Thursday~CTX-Leaner LEGS, TRICEPS, Step'N'Intervals, ABS, cooldown & stretch from LL

Friday~CTX-BICEPS, CardioKicks, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this tape. Cathe, please do another kickbox with drills!!:D

Saturday~I'm headed downstairs to do CTX-BACK & SHOULDERS & IMax when I finish posting this!!!(I'm stalling!)

Sunday~USUALLY, my day of rest, BUT I PLAN to do Leaner LEGS because I am taking Christmas Day off!

I just finished my 9th. week of doing the body parts 2x/week and plan to do one more week and then, it's back to the PS Series! Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas everyone and thanks sooo much for the gift of your friendship this past year. What a wonderful gift it has been! I started with Cathe tapes the end of January and I can't believe a whole year has almost gone by! MERRY CHRISTMAS and sorry for the loooong post! Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday Season,

I am bringing the CTX rotation to a close this coming week. It has been fun, but I am ready for a change. I will probably rest a few days and start on something else.

Sunday - Power Circuit in AM, masters swimming in PM
Monday - All Step in AM, swim in PM
Tuesday - cardio kicks, and more snow shoveling
Wednesday - kickbox
Thursday - 10-10-10
Friday - Leaner Legs, and masters swimming
Saturday - I am heading to the pool to swim while my son has swim practice

I am getting lazy about snow shoveling. I have decided to shovel every other storm! I wish my neighbor would do that. He uses a snow blower at 5am, even if only an inch has fallen. It is quite annoying!

Have a great one,

Dorothy

Hi everybody! This week has been a disaster in just about every since of the word. I won't bore you with all the details but needless to say my workouts have been few. Oh well, I will go hot and heavy after the first of the year. Besides the holiday kind of stuff getting in the way, I am just ready for a new rotation so I think boredom is a little bit of the problem. I just didn't want to change until after the first of the year and start fresh. Here it is:

Monday: Step Heaven--1st and 2nd sections

Tuesday: Absolutely nothing--too busy

Wednesday: MIS--didn't feel that strong that day, oh well. Mama said there'd be days like that, lol.

Thursday: Aerostep--I didn't feel like doing anything but at least I did work up a little sweat with this.

Friday: No exercise per se, but I cooked breakfast for one of the doctor's office's that I work for, (I work at home) went to Wal Mart, went to grocery store, helped mother prepare for a Christmas party she had at her house.

Saturday: Are you kidding? I didn't even want to get out of bed much less exercise.

Well, here's to a better week, NEXT WEEK!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!

Kelly

RE: Hi EVERYONE!!!

Merry Christmas everyone! I've been lurking for a few months now and am finaly going to do my check in for this last week. I really enjoy reading everyone elses rotations and find it really keeps me motivated. I'm amazed at how dedicated you all are and really admire all.

Sunday~am:walk-30 mins, firm abs-day 1 (3#a/w)
pm:MIC

Monday~am:MIS
pm: mini tramp-45 mins.(AC/DC's newest cd)

Tuesday~am:K.Smith Relaxation System-Yoga, shovel snow-35 mins.
pm:IM

Wednesday~Rest

Thursday~am:CST,10-10-10 cardio
pm:BBA

Friday~am:shovel snow-35 mins.
pm:SL&A

Saturday~am:CK

This is my first week in this rotation. I may have to throw a rest day in after MIS before doing IM. Thanx to averyone for keeping me inspired. Best wishes for the Holidays.
K8^)

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Welcome to the new people! I'm basically "new" myself...have only been posting for the past few months (if that many!) so welcome aboard! Everyone here is sooo friendly!

My week was sooo much better than the week prior. Finally got over that nasty cold/flu thing and it feels GREAT to feel better! (did that make sense???)

Anyway....here goes:

Monday: MIS Chest, MIS Back, CTX Shoulders, Abs
Tuesday: CTX Biceps, CTX Triceps, Janis Saffell Kickbox Drills
(as you can see I'm still taking it easy during "recovery")
Wednesday: Cardio Kicks/Firm's Sculpted Buns & Thighs
Thursday: PS Chest, CTX Shoulders, Abs
Friday: CTX Triceps, Kundalini Yoga Tape (Lex: If you're reading this, I got the tape and tried it out...IT WAS WONDERFUL!!!)
Saturday: CTX Power Circuit Cardio, Back, Abs

I'm hoping to get to the gym tomorrow with my husband for a workout so we'll see how that one goes!

Enjoy the holidays everyone!

Terri

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

Welcome Ashes and Kate! This is really great place for keeping you motivated! I'm kind of new here too (my 4th check-in), but have been reading the forums for quite a while. Debbie, I'm so glad you got your computer running again:) Where do you get all your energy:-wow HB, great week! I made your Holy Cow cake and brought it to work. Everyone loved it:9 And great weeks everyone else too! I see I'm not the only one living in snow and cold! I did all 5 of my new tapes this week. I loved all of them! Cathe is the best:D

MONDAY: Body Max and Step Jam (my work was cancelled so I just kept right on working out!):-tired

TUESDAY: Cardio Kicks and Abs/Planks from CTX Kickbox

WEDNESDAY: MIS (first half) and Step Max

THURSDAY: Mega Step Blast and MIS (second half)

FRIDAY: Planned to do MIC or IMax but went Christmas shopping instead.

SATURDAY: Circuit Max and an additional 36 min Cardio combo from CTX Power Circuit, 10-10-10, Kickbox and Abs from All Step. (A long workout to make up for Friday.) Does anyone else love programming their DVD's to make 'new' workouts?

I can't wait for the PS DVD! :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy

Everyone have a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a great week!

Bev

RE: Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

Happy Holidays to all!!!! It's been a bad week house and car wise, but things could've been worse I guess. My eating flew out the window this week, but I'll get back on track after the holidays!!

Welcome Newbies!! You'll love it here!!

OK, here's how my week went.

MON: PS BBA and MIC step and Power Yoga for beginners

TUES: Power Yoga for beginners and Crunch joy of Yoga

WED: Power Yoga for beginners and BodyMax start to finish

THURS: Crunch Joy of Yoga and IMAX and Kickboxing from CTX

FRI: PS SLA and Cardio Kicks and Crunch Joy of Yoga

SAT: PS CST and Crunch Joy of Yoga

SUN: Tomorrow I will do PS BBA and MIC step and Crunch Joy of Yoga(imagine that;-)!)

I'm really enjoying doing yoga in the morning and evenings and my back has never felt better!! This is one of my resolutions this New Year: To make yoga a habit along with my cardio and strength. Flexibilty really does round out the fitness program!

Have safe, happy and healthy holidays everybody!! God Bless you all!

Aimee

RE: Working out while on holidays

Hi everyone

I am still in Vegas visiting family, eating too much and not exercising like I would like to be. I am trying to fit a few workouts in, however, videos are out because of too many people around and a lack of space. In any event, here was my week:

Monday - 45 minute walk/run

Tuesday - 20 minutes on a elliptical trainer and 20 minutes on step mill followed by some light weight work

Wednesday - 50 minute walk/run - actually some speed work wind sprint type of stuff.

Thursday - rest

Friday - rest

Saturday - 60 minute walk/run, a marathon of pushups (60) and tricep dips and then some ab work

Sunday (Christmas Eve) - not sure what today will bring but will probably have to take it outside again. I was going to try and take a Body Pump class in but all classes seem to be cancelled today.

I am seriously enjoying the break from the harsh winter that I was experiencing back in Canada but I am missing my video workouts a little. I can live with that considering I can go outside with just a t-shirt on and have the sun beaming down upon me.

Have a great Christmas everyone.

Kim

Great weeks everyone!!! And welcome Ashes and Kate...the more the merrier :).

It seems as though everyone's in the holiday spirit and I want to wish all my fellow Cathe-ites the happiest of holidays :) :-jumpy :) :-jumpy !!!

Here's how my week looked:

Sunday - Cardio Kicks; PS SLA (standing portion); PS CST; planks and abs from CTX Kickbox
Monday - Interval Max; PS BBA
Tuesday - w/u and cardio from CTX Kickbox; cardio/circuits from Power Circuit; floor portion of PS SLA; CTX chest; planks, abs, and stretch from Power Circuit
Wednesday - 45 minutes on elliptical machine in AM; CTX back and biceps in PM
Thursday - Cardio Kicks in AM; CTX shoulders and triceps, abs from All Step in PM
Friday - Leaner Legs
Saturday - w/u and cardio from 10-10-10, cardio and stretch from All Step

That's all folks.
Enjoy the holidays,
Lisa :)

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-24-00 AT 06:37PM (Est)[/font][p]Hey Honeybunch!!
Bodymax on Christmas!!...........you are one dedicated lady!
Figured I better post before things get hectic so here goes. Short and sweet. I type this as my beloved Steelers cling to a faint hope of making the playoffs.........
Mon. -- 35 min on bike above 100 rpm -- upper body weight work with dumbbells.
Tues. -- nada
Wed. -- a mix of upper and lower body weight work with machines and dumbbells since holidays will probably mean a few missed workouts.
Thurs. -- bodymax cardio portions
Fri. -- 35 mins. on precor climber and lower body weight workout on machines.
Sat. -- nada
Sun. -- about 1 hour of ice skating......very cold outside but I really worked up a good sweat. great time!! :)
Merry Christmas or Happy Hannukah to all of the great people who post here. This marks about 1 year for me on this site and I have really enjoyed coming here to post and read everyone's messages. Thanks for letting me be part of it. :) :-jumpy
Trevor
p.s. -- will this be the week for our new arrival!!??

Wow! It sounds like everyone had great weeks! It is so hard to find the time to exercise to the intensity that kicks the muscles in! This week I had 4 great workouts. As with many others I have noticed that life got in the way!

Monday- 40 minutes hitting and kicking the heavy bag, Weight training (Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Biceps) On my own.

Tuesday- Rest

Wednesday- Unfortunately--nothing. :-(

Thursday- Karate Class with extra sparring

Friday- 20 minutes step aerobics, MIS

Have a great Holiday!!

Merry Christmas to all!

Hi all!

Happy Holidays to everyone, whatever you may be celebrating!
Just taking a break from all the festivities to check-in! My son and hubby are both napping...after all Christmas is very tiring, you know!

This has been a real roller coaster week. Besides being busy for Christmas, my dog has been having some major arthritis problems since Wednesday. We've had our first snowfall and arctic blast and it's really stiffened her up. She's usually outside during the day and comes in at night to sleep, but since Wednesday she hasn't been able to get up the steps to come inside and has been sleeping in our garage. She's an 11-year old Rottie, and I've had her since she was 7-weeks old, so this is sooooo emotional for me to realize that my "baby" is getting old! She's on medication from the vet and I've started Glucosamine/Chondrotion supplements which I'm hoping will help her out.

To top it off, my husband's grandmother passed away yesterday (December 24), so that really threw things for a loop. She's been in a nursing home for 5 years and suffered from Alzheimer's, so it's a real blessing, but you're never ready to see your loved ones go.

So last week wasn't great and this coming week won't be much better, but that's life, huh?

Here's my week:

Sunday - Ali McGraw's yoga...usually take Sunday off, but figured I'd better stick something in, knowing how busy the week was gonna be!

Monday - CTX Allstep (did first step section 2x) & CTX chest

Tuesday - nothing. Got home from work late and was pooped!

Wednesday - Leaner Legs plus CTX back/biceps/triceps.

Thursday - nothing. Between my son having a cold and checking on my dog all day, I didn't get a thing done.

Friday - did all the CTX upper body segments. I just wanted to get everything done 2X!

Saturday - Leaner Legs.

Have a great week, everyone!

Michele

Slept in...Imax instead!

Had a late night at the church (3 services yesterday):-tired and got to bed at 10:45, so I slept in till 8:00am!!! Did not have time for Bodymax since my reservation at the truck stop was for 11:00am. Did Imax instead, really full-out and really tried to jump high on everything. Will do Circuit Max tomorrow to make up for it, plus PS C/S/T. Thank goodness for a variety of Cathe tapes to slot in an emergency!!!!

I did my first Cathe step tape in February, and it was Imax. What a difference a year makes!

Trevor, good luck with the wee one! Let us know the MINUTE he/she pops out. You'll love Imax if you get it.

Well, here goes my worst check-in yet. But I can say that I had the best Christmas ever! I couldn't get in the spirit of things until 2 days before Christmas but I ended up having the best time ever. My son who is 4 1/2 really started getting into the Santa Claus thing so that made it lots of fun. My diet for the last 3 days is nothing to be proud of. Yikes! My exercise was almost nonexistent.

Sunday 12-17 MIC hi/lo
Thursday 12-21 20 min. walk

Gonna get back on track this week!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday!
Lisa

RE: Slept in...Imax instead!

Man you are slacking Honeybunch!! Imax instead of Bodymax! lol!! I did NOTHING!! :)
Baby still has not shown.......my bet is on Dec. 28th.
I have Imax on the way to the house as I type this. I am beginning to load up on Cathe's vids so I can workout more at home. I do hope to sneak out to the fitness center this evening........we'll see.
Take care!
Trevor

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.