Dvd plays in Australia?

aussiemum1

Hi,

I've been trying to find some step aerobics dvds to exercise at home. I live in Australia and they're a bit thin on the ground. Will Cathe's dvds play on an Australian dvd player? It's a hassle to try and convert any dvd format into Australian PAL. It's pretty dangerous.

Is there an Australian outlet where I can purchase them?

Thanks

Hi aussiemum1, yes they will play in Australia. I have sent you an email with details of where I purchase them from. I am also in Australia. It is nice to know another Australian who loves Cathe.

Kim:)

Hi Aussiemum1 and Kim

I'm from Australia too and have no touble playing the dvds. I've been doing Cathe for about 2 years and really appreciate the well thought out routines. My favourite is Step Blast - did it again on Saturday and I love it when 'Paint it Black' starts playing in the blast - it always gives me a burst of energy!

Kim, I normally purchase them direct from Cathe.com, please can you let me have the local supplier details for future reference, thanks.

Mary

Hi Mary,

I still purchase from America because it is still cheaper to get from there than the local supplier, if you spend over $US50.00. So I usually buy two DVDs at a time. The supplier in America I use is advancedworkouts.com They offer free postage if you spend over $US50.00. I have always purchased from them or Cathe.com and never had any trouble. It takes about 7 days to receive from advancedworkouts.com They alway process my order straight away (well as soon as it is daytime over there or Monday if I have ordered on a weekend) and let you know when it they have been sent.

The local supplier is thefitnesssolution.com.au I have never dealt with them before just because of pricing. By the time I add on postage they are more expensive. For example, Kick Max at the fitnesssolution is $AU34.99. At advancedworkouts it is $AU31.48 ($US26.95) after conversion. Not much difference, except if I buy two workouts from advanced at $US26.95 it is $AU62.96 ($US53.90) and from fitnesssolution it is $AU69.98 plus postage of $5.50 (for up to 3 DVDs). So you save about $12.00 buying from America. I would rather put that $12.00 towards another DVD. If you do buy from thefitnesssoluction.com.au I would love to hear what they are like to deal with though. thefitnesssolution also sells Amy Bento and Tracey Stahele (sp?) dvds as well.

I have also been working out to Cathe for about 2 years. I even stopped going to the gym once I found Cathe as I was getting a better workout with Cathe, and could do it at my convenience rather than when the creche was open at the gym and classes were on. I haven't looked back since I started doing Cathe regularly.

I only recently purchased SJP/Step Blast have haven't actually done step blast yet. I am doing Cathe's February 2007 rotation at the moment - this is my third day of it. This is the first time I have done a rotation so will be interesting to see my results.

Happy workingout

Kim
:)

Hi Kim & Co.

Another Aussie Cathe fan here. I have purchased most of my Cathe collection from Cathe direct, but have used the Fitness Solution for one of my Cathe purchases together with some other items, and I am very happy with the professional service that Liz, the owner of the Fitness Solution, has provided. I have found that if you have any queries, she responds to emails promptly and delivery is really quick. It's good to know that there are a few Aussie fans on the boards.

All the best
Diane :)

Thanks Diane for the recommendation - it's very nice to see you posting here on the Cathe forum!

Yes, I do stock all the Cathe Friedrich DVDs and charge in Aussie dollars and charge a flat shipping rate.

To play the DVDs you do need to have a Multi Region DVD player (most Australian DVD players are Multi region but it doesn't hurt to check) and in some cases you need to put your TV settings to NTSC setting that helps as well. :)

Unfortunately Cathe.com is the only vendor running a presale, however I am very happy to offer free postage for this new lot of DVDs plus any other DVDs you may want to purchase.

My website is www.thefitnesssolution.com.au and I am happy to help with any Aussie enquiries.

Thanks so much and nice to meet some fellow Aussie Cathe-ites!

Liz N

Just wanted to add here that I simply have to charge something for shipping given that I pay huge shipping/imports duties to bring the DVDs here.

If anyone does want to take advantage of the free shipping offer, please send me an email via my Store Contact and I will put you on the list.

Thanks
Liz N

I am another Australian that has been doing Cathe DVDs for nearly five years now. I used to purchase my DVDs through CK Sales in Canada, but have also previosly used Cathe.

Great to know there is an Aussie distributor out there.

Cathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.