DVD Player

DebD

Cathlete
I saw an advertisement for a DVD player at Best Buys for $99.00. It is a basic model and I would use it for Cathe tapes mostly and sometimes to watch movies. Does this sound like a good deal or will I regret the purchase?

my 2cents

Debbie, if you want to make an investment for a DVD player you can use with your exercise DVD..go for a programmable player that holds more than 1 disc.

You will end up spending more on a player..but the options and fun factor are worth it. The greatest thing about the programmable DVD player is the ability to go from chapter to chapter from DVD to DVD without having to pre-cue or change anything during a workout.

One word of caution...don't trust a sales person to know which models are progammable for DVDs. Some will play regular CDs along with DVDs and will program the CDs but won't do the same for a DVD in the same model. Sales people (in general) don't understand our need, as home exercisers, to do that.

The model I just purchased at Sears is the Pioneer C503($269 on sale). It works great. I was able to program a cool step combo from Cathes CTX DVD last night and make a whole new workout with pits and pieces from each workout...no rewinding or having to find the right spot needed;-).

So to answer your orginal question...$99 dollars is a great price for a single DVD unit if programming between several DVDs isn't a concern.

BTW, Best Buys was where I was going to originally purchase mine..but they had it on backorder:-(..which was good..I ended up with it from Sears and if it has a problem..I can easily return it.
Erin, was kind enough to point that out to me in another post talking about DVD players..if you have a Best Buys store locally, than go for it, but if you don't and you have a problem with it..you'll have to ship it back. Just another thing to consider.

http://members.aol.com/naconfer/images/springchickvfnutsig.jpg

RE: my 2cents

Thanks, I didn't think about the programming of more than one DVD. It would be worth it to get the better DVD.

Another plug for a multi-DVD player

I have the same DVD player that Nancy has, and I love it! I've been able to combine some Cardio Hits segmants with CTX cardio. I can do any combo of various bits and pieces of any of the workouts I have on DVD. As Cathe puts out more DVD, CIA and Christi start doing DVDs ( Greg has said that he will definitely do the next batch on DVD, and Christi is seriously thinking about it, if not on this bunch, then the next time around ), there are going to be a lot more opportunities for combining owrkouts to get just what you want.

Oh, and I benefited from my own advice on DVD players. After looking at several online sources, I decided to go with a store I could walk into if there was a problem. I was so glad I did, because my 1st unit died on the 3rd day. I walked into Best Buy and 5 minutes later walked out with a replacement, which has worked like a charm ever since. :)

Good luck!

Erin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.