Driving from MO to NV

KimDW

Cathlete
Has anyone ever driven from the St Louis, MO area to Las Vegas, NV? We are going there the end of May for a convention. It's about a 23 hour drive so we are taking 2 days as travel. I would prefer to fly but it is a Trombone convention and we have to take about 4 to 5 trombones with us along with these valves that they are promoting. The owner doesn't want to ship these things so that is why we are driving (plus he's paying for it all so we have to go along). Anyway, mapquest takes me thru Kansas and Colorado. But the owner said he drives down 44 (or 40 can't remember) thru Oklahoma and Texas. He stays in Amarillo TX as a half way point. Anyone have any advice?

Kim

I've driven several times St. Louis to UT roundtrip and we always go through WY. If you google map it it looks like you can drive through Kansas and Colorado, but you can also see there is a route on 40 that also can get you there. Personally, if I were driving it this time of year I would choose the one through TX just because of the snow in Colorado could cause you some icy roadways and you might have better luck with the weather. JMO

Edited to add: Sorry, didn't notice you'd be going in May...probably wouldn't matter then.

Lindzebird

Kim,

I have driven that route many times...I would take I-70 Colorado to I-15 in Utah if you are travelling in May. I-80 to I-15 would take you longer. I do not care for Texas, therefore I would not suggest a route through there. Springtime in Colorado and Utah is gorgeous.

Just a suggestion. Happy Traveling!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.