Dream Kitchen contest. Please pray for me.

SirenSongWoman

Cathlete
I know God has bigger things to do than help me win a Dream Kitchen contest so I can't very well ask for myself.... I spent a solid month writing my 499 word essay (limit 500 words which, if you've seen my posts, you HAVE to know was very difficult for me) and I have the most awful kitchen ever. One co-worker read my essay and saw the picture I had to send and said "This is so sad. If you don't win, I'm taking up a collection." I submitted my essay on June 1st and the deadline was July 2nd. I realize they have a lot of essays to read because Meredith Publishing (Better Homes and Gardens) is the primary sponsor. Everyone keeps asking if I've heard everything so I was getting kind of down. But I finally found the original announcement I'd ripped out of BHG and went back to the website (the address of which I couldn't recall to save my soul) which states a winner will be announced in September so I can calm down a little. I wrote a strong essay so I believe I have a real shot (as opposed to, say, winning the lottery) and, admit, I'll be devastated if they choose someone else's essay. I've never been envious of people with money and I've never coveted a material object in my life but this is different. If my kitchen weren't such a miserable place I wouldn't want so much. The winner gets everything (cabinets, plumbing, appliances, counters, floors...), a consultation with a NKBA designer AND $25,000 in cash (on top of everything else) to make it happen. Sponsors include KraftMaid, Dupont (Corian/Zodiaq & granite), Armstrong, Kohler, Wolf and Sub-Zero. I want this so badly. Sorry. I just had to dump for a moment.

Wooh! Good luck!! I was thinking of entering a contest too because my kitchen is hideous. Pineapple wall paper! I kid you not...

Sparrow

"The winds of grace are always blowing but it's you who must raise your sail." - Sri Ramakrishna

Good luck! I've always wanted to send a picture of my teeny tiny kitchen, with the locks on the cupboards and frig, to Oprah and beg her for a new one.

That would be so cool! Let us know if you get chosen - or should I say WHEN you get chosen! :)

>That would be so cool! Let us know if you get chosen - or
>should I say WHEN you get chosen! :)

If I get picked you all will most surely be made aware. Now that I know it will be month's before a decision is made I'm not so down about it. On July 5 I was like "Oh no. I haven't heard anything..." I can, at least forget about it for a little while... My big old house used to be split into two apartments (upstairs and downstairs) so I have a second small but very bright (8 windows) kitchenette upstairs. It's not a great space but it's not the tragic place my doenstairs kitchen is. I only use the one upstairs. Whenever I have to walk into the real kitchen (downstairs) I immediately feel down. There's no light and... you wouldn't believe all else. It needs to be completely gutted, walls torn down and everything. It's actually dangerous in there and should be condemned. I really need this. I would love to stop living almost entirely out of the upstairs.

Thank you all so much.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.