Dont overlook........

Danas_gettin_fit

An obseervation... ive noticed a lot of posts where people indicate they shy away from Cathes older vids. Someone even said Low Max is dated!!!! Omg.... its totally new and modern to me!!! Some of my fave Cathes are older!!!! Don't overlook the oldies but goodies!!!! I even love the ones that are older like Cardio Hits and the Classics!!!! They're pure nostalgia and still wonderful advanced workouts!!! If ur shunning her older stuff I think u miss out on a lot!!!! Who's with me on this one!!!?? Three cheers for ALL of the workouts old AND new!!!!! The Cathes of the past are still relevent!!!! What are ur faves??!! :)

Last edited:
Well I love love low max..not dated.. don't understand that.
I don't have ny of hers older ones except step heat and I love that one ..I just got it actually because it was vhs for cheap and if the other to workouts is like this one I'm going to get the other two. I like step heat because it was easier for me to follow. I don't know y but I could do it and put more into it because I could follow it. Therefore even burned more calories.

Old but not out of date! The burn does not age :))

Body max is one of my fav...would you consider it as one of old goodies? Power hours is another one I like.They may be old but still whip the body into shape , they still fry and cook good! :D

I am waiting for CTX do not know if it is old...I have worked-out with Cathe's long enough to make up my mind as to whether I want all her DVD or not. Yes I want them all! Not the beginners ones though.

xxx

Another vote for MIC - I just do the first half (no step) when I need some quick cardio with no equipment. My calves (and lungs) are usually burning by the end!

I finally did MIC for the first time the other day and was surprised at how tough it was. It was the last workout on the Rhythmic Step DVD and I think I never tried it because it didn't have a lot of step in it and the outfits kinda were a little too.... gym classy? :)

ElleJay said:
I finally did MIC for the first time the other day and was surprised at how tough it was. It was the last workout on the Rhythmic Step DVD and I think I never tried it because it didn't have a lot of step in it and the outfits kinda were a little too.... gym classy? :)

Okay, so now you all have name curious. I also have this workout, but hae never even previewed it...what type of cardio is it? I guess I'm going to have to try to, too!

Step Moves and Powermax are classics and tough. Tougher than some of Cathe's more recent step which spends way too much time thinking: "choreography!!!" 4DS High Intensity Step comes to mind. I nearly threw that thru a window last week. Not high intensity at all, just high complication and annoying.

Lowmax is intense and well put together.

CTX is a Cathe masterpiece. I have been playing with it a lot recently. One of these cardios before weight training is the perfect warm up. Two of them, back to back, is just an incredible cardio workout. Still relevant, not dated, still tough. My fave combo = All Step followed by Step + Intervals. Or All Step followed by Power Circuits. That will leave your legs trembling....

Clare

Step Moves and Powermax are classics and tough.

Lowmax is intense and well put together.

CTX is a Cathe masterpiece.

Oh, yeah! What Clare said! I did Cardio Kicks the other night and went to bed feeling very happy. Love the part where she hauls the men up front.

You really have to mix and match old and new and middle-aged Cathe's to get a feel for her depth and range. It's amazes me that all this comes from one person.

Agreed!
I am doing a week of " older " DVDs this week. Yesterday was some cardio followed by Pure Strength ( PS) BBA. Today was CTX-Leaner Legs. I am sitting here with some serious DOMS.
These are great workouts.

Okay, so now you all have name curious. I also have this workout, but hae never even previewed it...what type of cardio is it? I guess I'm going to have to try to, too!

MIC is a goodie! The first 15min or so, is low impact cardio, just basic moves (grapevines, side steps, ect.) to get you started. Then comes the high impact, straight forward, no fancy moves, high intensity floor cardio. The last 15min is an athletic-type, high intensity step segment. Although it's not as hard as some of Cathe's more recent cardio, it still delivers a powerful punch. What I love about this video (besides the calorie burn) is the outfits :D. Apparently there was no proper...ummm...bra support in the 90's. There are people that do not like this video, as it is considered "dated" I suppose, but I personally do not put an expiry date on workouts. If it challenges me and I like it, then I will continue to enjoy it til' my heart is content.

Natasha

Last edited:
CTX

CTX has been on Deal Of The Day so many times, and I never jumped on it :eek:. So many varied workouts for such and unbeatable price :eek:. Now all you CTX lovers are enabling me! I never thought it was such a gem until now :(.

Natasha

mini-natty said:
MIC is a goodie! The first 15min or so, is low impact cardio, just basic moves (grapevines, side steps, ect.) to get you started. Then comes the high impact, straight forward, no fancy moves, high intensity floor cardio. The last 15min is an athletic-type, high intensity step segment. Although it's not as hard as some of Cathe's more recent cardio, it still delivers a powerful punch. What I love about this video (besides the calorie burn) is the outfits :D. Apparently there was no proper...ummm...bra support in the 90's. There are people that do not like this video, as it is considered "dated" I suppose, but I personally do not put an expiry date on workouts. If it challenges me and I like it, then I will continue to enjoy it til' my heart is content.

Natasha

Thanks Natasha...I'm going to have to find a way to get this into my rotation!

I learned step from Low Max. I did half one day and half the next. I loved the leg blasts; in one of them Cathe says something like 'can you feel that? I thought you would!" That was the first time I ever laughed while exercising!

Last edited:
CTX has been on Deal Of The Day so many times, and I never jumped on it :eek:. So many varied workouts for such and unbeatable price :eek:. Now all you CTX lovers are enabling me! I never thought it was such a gem until now :(.

Natasha

Natasha:

you can still buy it! Do it lots for the first month to make up for not buying it earlier!

It's got excellent cardio, great music, and 2 very good splits: lower and upper. Leaner legs 'aint called "Meaner Legs" for nuthin! Quick and dirty. When Cathe starts up on the second set of squats after 3,000,000 lunges, plie squats, low ends, etc, etc, she laughs maniacally and exclaims about the legs:"oooh, tight right away!" Always makes me grin because she is soooooo right! And then I do 'em all anyway.

Clare

Natasha:

you can still buy it! Do it lots for the first month to make up for not buying it earlier!

It's got excellent cardio, great music, and 2 very good splits: lower and upper. Leaner legs 'aint called "Meaner Legs" for nuthin! Quick and dirty. When Cathe starts up on the second set of squats after 3,000,000 lunges, plie squats, low ends, etc, etc, she laughs maniacally and exclaims about the legs:"oooh, tight right away!" Always makes me grin because she is soooooo right! And then I do 'em all anyway.

Clare

Thanks Clare! I will be waiting as I'm sure it will pop up on The Daily Deal again. For $20, I would be crazy not to add it to my collection.

I have a question about the split UB workout. Is there a premix for two days of splits similar to STS? If so, how long are the premixes? Can you also do an entire UB workout under 1hr? I'm not a fan of doing weight work (or even cardio for that matter) that exceeds 60min. I just want a quick, effective, split workout that works me well in the least amount of time.

Pls & thx!

Natasha

Old but not out of date! The burn does not age :))

Hello everyone,

Reading your post above is making me inclined to stalk my postman! I can not wait for CTX to reach my home inbox!

To Clare and Natasha I agree with your post...Clare thanks for your feedback on CTX. I can not wait to try it!

To Natasha What dvd is MIC on?

I 100% agree,Cathe's DVDs are timeless and are pure gems. I actually call them gems!

I am happy to have purchased cathe's step on such special offer from a sport equipment here in UK.., including a FREE high step circuit DVD. It good I did not have this one, I would have ended up with 2 copies. The step is such high quality and sturdy. :):):):)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.