Doing STS everyday instead of every other day

Hi there

I have STS and I know it suggests doing it 3 x a week i.e Mon upper body Wed -lower body Fri upper body

My question is, is it o.k to do Mon-Upper Tues-Lower Wed-Upper Thurs - Lower Fri - upper Sat - Lower Sun -rest

I´m used to working my upper body every other day

Has anyone done this?

Thanks

Hi there

I have STS and I know it suggests doing it 3 x a week i.e Mon upper body Wed -lower body Fri upper body

My question is, is it o.k to do Mon-Upper Tues-Lower Wed-Upper Thurs - Lower Fri - upper Sat - Lower Sun -rest

I´m used to working my upper body every other day

Has anyone done this?

Thanks

Seems like way too much lifting for one week, and you have not worked in any cardio. The STS program as designed is alternating 3 days of lifting with 3 days of cardio. Your muscles need more time to recover, you will see better results if you let them.

I Googled muscle recovery, and found this post about the importance of recovery and some recommended times you should allow each group to recover, I'm sure there are plenty more articles on the subject.
http://worldfitnessnetwork.com/2007/11/muscle-recovery-time-set-record-straight/

Taken from the above article:
"Waiting an extra day or two to train your muscles won’t hurt as much as training them a day or two too early. When you train your muscles too early, you can interrupt the recovery process. If your muscles don’t recover, they don’t grow."

HTH.

i think its a lot if you do the full workouts each time. your body needs time to rest and doing so much volume and having only one day of rest i think would result in overtraining. If you do want to hit all body parts 2 times per week, why not just do half of each workout and then you will have time to tag on 30 minutes of cardio or yoga.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.