Does your pet watch TV?

One of my cats, Bobsie, is sometimes fascinated by the TV.
Animals, yes, but sometimes I can't figure out what she finds so fascinating: movement? voices? She will ignore most of what's on, then suddently sit in rapt attention watching some commercial, or spot on QVC, or part of a show.

Funny cat/tv anecdote.
When I was a kid, I had a calico kitty named Punkin' (she got the name after crawling in a pumpkin my stepmother and I were carving out!). One day, we were watching a Disney program, and a black panther ran across the screen. Punkin' immediately tried to 'catch' it by running in the direction it went, which happened to be towards a window. She looked out the window, around the window, beside and behind the TV (one of those old floor models), then suddenly, you could almost see her figure it out and look a bit embarassed. From that point on, she was never 'fooled' by the TV again!

Funny cat/tv anecdote.
When I was a kid, I had a calico kitty named Punkin' (she got the name after crawling in a pumpkin my stepmother and I were carving out!). One day, we were watching a Disney program, and a black panther ran across the screen. Punkin' immediately tried to 'catch' it by running in the direction it went, which happened to be towards a window. She looked out the window, around the window, beside and behind the TV (one of those old floor models), then suddenly, you could almost see her figure it out and look a bit embarassed. From that point on, she was never 'fooled' by the TV again!

That is cute! I am still waiting for my kittens to understand that they can't catch things on TV AND I don't have taste-o-vision!

Carrie

One of my dogs is a tv junkie and whenever I watch the Dog Whisperer he gets bent out of shape, jumping out of the chair and barking at the misbehaving dog and even if I turn the tv to mute.

My Izzy loves the Dog Whisperer. I sometimes wonder if she'll pick up bad habits by watching it since she's an only dog and doesn't have a pack to teach her proper doggie behavior! She also LOVED America's Greatest Dog. I think she had a crush on the Border Collie, Leroy.

Don't they make videos of some kind to entertain "latchkey pets"?

I have two of these DVDs. Attached is a picture of my kitties enjoying the show!

Attachments

• DSC04328 (Small).JPG
    DSC04328 (Small).JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 3

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.