Do you think they will tell the truth? (terri)

lorihart

Cathlete
Its so sad that she has died and I to am glad that it is over.Doesn't really matter if she felt it or not,they still starved her to death.

Anyway, they are doing an autopsy (apparently) to see if she suffered or felt as if she was starving to death b/c they say she couldn't feel anything (which I am sure you all know)
Do you think, that if she actually did suffer, will the State admit it, or will it be a big cover up? If they did wrong, I don't think anyone will ever know the real truth.
Lori

I don't think it matters if the truth comes out or not. People are going to believe what they want to believe no matter what. That is very apparent. This very question just proves why reality television shows are so popular in this country.

I completely agree with Candi. With things like this, you never know what is true and what is fabricated. It doesn't matter anyway, because as Candi said, people believe what they want to believe. What a nightmare this has been (and still is)!

--Lois

"Don't forget to breathe!"

I thought they were doing an autopsy to determine exactly how much brain damage she had suffered in order to prove that there was no chance for recovery. Whatever, either way, at least she isn't suffering anymore.

I know it doesn't matter right now and I the question wasn't at all how it was taken. It seems as if offense as been taken and the question had nothing to do with reality t.v. I don't know why you would think it did.It was based on anything in real life that as been covered up my government actions just to save themselves from a law suit.She may have passed on, but this is far from over.
I was wondering if anyone thought her parents would ever know the real truth, if the truth was what they thought or will they cover it up just to say that the courts made the right descision.Prehaps I should have never brought it up but it a few days when the reports come back, Im sure there will be a few threads on it.
Lori

Lori, this is a controversial subject, but here is my view on it.

First, she was brain dead. Both hemispheres of her brain were atrophied. Her brain stem was functioning, that is what gave her the ability to breathe, etc. She didn't know if she was alive or dead, coming or going. The lights were on but nobody was home.

Secondly, she may have "starved to death" but this is done all the time. As a nurse when there is no hope for recovery, or if death is iminent, all life saving measures are pulled. Such as feeding tubes, IV's for hydration, ventilators. She did not suffer. This is what Hospice is for. There is no "government" cover up. The government did try to interfere, but there is no cover up.

The autopsy will probably show what doctors knew all along. That she is brain dead.

Lori

DH was in a minor motorcycle accident last night. He's fine. Well, a little sore but okay. Whew, scary!

The nurse that was caring for him told him that he actually saw the CT scan of Terri Schiavo's brain. I guess the medical community has privy to that stuff. We are located in Florida where she passed away. Anyway, he said the same thing Lori just stated. He also said that hospitals see this all the time, day in and day out and was glad she finally passed.

Yes, Candi, just because you are a nurse or medical personnel does not give you access to a patient's record unless you are directly involved with her care. All medical info in confidential. I guess the family released the CT scan's.

Lori

DH and I assumed that was the case... Everytime I do that I get in trouble!

It's interesting the scans were released.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.