do sts again?

teppy

i started the third meso yesterday. it just dawned on me what am i going to do when this. is over? start it again?

i am so enjoying it. i loved meso 2 also. i found meso 1 was really hard for me to do and finish each dvd. with the second and 3rd so far, i find the repetitive straight up weight lifting
really exhilerating. after dvd 1 of meso 3 yesterday, i was still ready for more. at first i thought that my weight might have not been enough even though i definitely raised it up to the 80%. but, this morning, i could feel that 'good' sore feeling that i admittedly crave. i know it sounds insane to some people, but i like it. it lets me know when i've done enough.

i am doing cardio on my inbetween days, and have just pre-ordered to sts cardio series. i am just wondering do we go through the sts again when were done the first time?

I have been wondering this myself - what happens after STS? In general, I'm not very good at knowing what my correct weight amount should be when I lift which is why I love STS. I needed the no brainer and also something that will push me more than I would on my own. But now, thinking about the other strength training DVDs like Muscle Max, or the Pyramid workouts, how am I going to know what the right weight amount is? Does endurance mean stick with around 65%? For the 4DS should I go with 90% (can't believe I just typed in a 9 there)? I am thinking I'm going to do STS all over again, but I know that I want to do my other favorites before that to see what differences there are in my abilities. I'll probably try to take a month or so off before doing STS again, and if my hubby joins me it will be the 3 1/2 month rotation. If it's me alone, I'm going for the 6 month rotation. Plans may change if Cathe provides a rotation blending the STS's together.

but, this morning, i could feel that 'good' sore feeling that i admittedly crave. i know it sounds insane to some people, but i like it. it lets me know when i've done enough.

Teppy- you will find alot of those 'insane people' on these forums.-LOL

I"m enjoying STS (started meso 3 this week) but I think I will take a break from it for a month or so and do some total body workouts to really change things up. Summer is coming on and like most people my workout time will be more limited. Yard work, farm, RIDING/CAMPING! I think STS requires more energy, sleep and recovery time, for ME anyway than so many of my other workouts (90% is Cathe of course)

I'm coming down to the end of M2 and have every intention of doing it over again... and again... and again... When I did M1 I monkeyed with it trying to turn it into full body workouts and I didn't feel I really got out of it what I would have doing it as it was designed. Why? Because I'm doing M2 as is and the wildly accelerated results I'm getting are beyond my wildest dreams! Since I started M2 3-1/2 weeks ago I'm down a size and everyone's asking me how I did it. I was eating cleaner before M2 so STS has been the big difference.

I'm dreading M3 Legs, though. I'm going to have issues whether I do plyo or the squat rack. Not all the fat has come off yet and I'm 48 so plyo will be more than difficult. But I have elbow issues which are aggravated any time I try to use a (fixed-position) barbell (heavy dumbbells allow for wrist adjustments) so the squat rack thing could be a problem. But then, my barbell issues are with upper body moves involving bending/straightening my arms so I probably could get a squat rack and use a barbell... Hmm. Thinking out loud.

Either way, I LOVE STS. With the results I'm getting now, why fix what ain't broke? Heck yea, I'm doing it again.

Can't wait!

I am totally going to repeat STS. I am in recovery week 2 after meso 2. I am excited for meso 3. This is going to be great. I can't wait to see how much I can lift.

One thing that looms in my head is if I would have to redo all those 1RMs after meso 3. I'd rather not, but if I have to I will. Hopefully they will provide some advice on that.

that is exactly what i was wondering, becky. would we have to redo the 1 rm's? i thought maybe we could just kinda wing it the second time and go up some from what we did the first time around. i have had to go up on some of my weights last week and this week in meso 3, believe it or not. and , i too, LOVE sts. i can' twait to d oit again. actually, i 'm thinking about doing meso 3 twice and then starting over.
cathy

One thing that looms in my head is if I would have to redo all those 1RMs after meso 3. I'd rather not, but if I have to I will. Hopefully they will provide some advice on that.

I started playing around with this, since I am just about done with M3. When I entered my M3 weights as my new 1RM, it seemed about right. I tried it with my week 3 numbers (6 reps at 90%1RM) and also with week 4 (8 reps at 85%). Then I looked at some M1 workouts with the new 1RM, and everything was bumped up by a few pounds, sometimes as much as 6 pounds from where it was in my original M1. That's my plan.

I'll also mention that now that I am in the last week of M3, my body feels exhausted like never before. I am eating fairly clean and sleeping pretty well (same as previous mesocycles) but have been having a hard time motivating this past week. I think my body is just tired from STS. It's hard work! So my plan is to do Cathe's December 08 rotation (shorter workouts, circuits, cardio and upper/lower splits), just to give my body a little break. And then I will tackle a 6 month STS rotation.

I'm doing the 6 month rotation and am in Meso 2. I'm thinking when I finish I will do a couple weeks of circuits and total body workouts for a little variety then start the 3 month STS rotation. This is the best program ever!

Jo

Wouldn't it be great that our 1rm could be automatically recalculated based on what weights we inputted under Actuals for Meso 3? Now that would be the cats meow!:D

Check out the thread by SNM "Beta 2.3 of the Workout Manager" in this forum. Here is a piece of it:

"You can also now easily take your 1RM for any exercise right from your workout card. Just click on the edit icon next to the exercise on your workout card and follow the instructions. Adjusting your 1RM for any exercise is also now a snap. If you have already taken a 1RM test for an exercise, but felt the weight was too heavy or too light just click on the edit icon on the right side of your workout card. Then enter the weight you felt you should of used and your 1RM will be adjusted accordingly for all future workouts.
View the Workout Manger at http://www.thecathenation.com/workout"

This works under "CALENDAR" when you add a workout to a date and then you go to "Edit a Workout" you'll see the columns for "Actual Weight" "Actual Reps" and "Edit" among others. I dont' know if it works elsewhere under the Workout Manager.

thinking about doing a plyo M3 rotation next

Hi everyone,

I am loving STS as well and in the middle of week 2 of M3 doing the squat stank option. Decide to go to the gym this week for week 2 of legs and I think that although I missed Cathe's voice and video, the exercises felt safer and I was able to increase the weights I was able to lift by using the smith rack.
The only problem is - I read all the glowing reviews of the plyo legs and now I want to do those workouts! After I am done with STS, I was thinking of doing plyo legs once a week along wit some kind of cardio and maybe an upperbody once a week as well. Any suggestions on the upper body workouts?

I started playing around with this, since I am just about done with M3. When I entered my M3 weights as my new 1RM, it seemed about right. I tried it with my week 3 numbers (6 reps at 90%1RM) and also with week 4 (8 reps at 85%). Then I looked at some M1 workouts with the new 1RM, and everything was bumped up by a few pounds, sometimes as much as 6 pounds from where it was in my original M1. That's my plan.

I'll also mention that now that I am in the last week of M3, my body feels exhausted like never before. I am eating fairly clean and sleeping pretty well (same as previous mesocycles) but have been having a hard time motivating this past week. I think my body is just tired from STS. It's hard work! So my plan is to do Cathe's December 08 rotation (shorter workouts, circuits, cardio and upper/lower splits), just to give my body a little break. And then I will tackle a 6 month STS rotation.

That is what I was thinking about doing the same thing. I was going to collect my numbers from meso 3 and enter them in to see where my new weight was. I can always adjust, but I did a lot of that in meso 1 and I would like to have a more seamless routine the next time through. I just got my weighted gloves last week and that is making all the difference!

That is a great idea about the break - I may do trhat as well. I also would like to try a 6 month rotation.

that is exactly what i was wondering, becky. would we have to redo the 1 rm's? i thought maybe we could just kinda wing it the second time and go up some from what we did the first time around. i have had to go up on some of my weights last week and this week in meso 3, believe it or not. and , i too, LOVE sts. i can' twait to d oit again. actually, i 'm thinking about doing meso 3 twice and then starting over.
cathy

I just read another poster and that person had a great idea about taking meso 3 numbers. I think that is what I will do too.

Wow - meso 3 x 2! good for you!! I was thinking about adding a 4th leg day - the squat rack legs as a bonus. I will have to see how the plyo leg workouts feel and how much recovery I need from that though!

CHANGE IS GOOD

Last month I finished P90X after doing Cathe for two years and I have to say, going back to Cathe after that was exhilerating. I had a whole new love of Cathe and was excited to do all her DVD's. I was so excited, I didn't stop to do my 1RM's so I could begin STS. Well, after 3 weeks, i made myself do them and now Sunday I get to start my 6 month rotation of STS.

I think it's good do take a break for a significant amount of time then come back.

hey melclear, that sound like a great idea. don't know if i want to take a whole month of from STS, though.
i am lovin' STS. i just finished week 2 of meso 3. did squat rack legs today. squated 93#'s. i was so impressed w/myself. i could probably squat more, but just can't get much more on my shoulders. i use a backpack w/30#'s in it w/ the barbell, but it still makes my shoulders really sore. i ablolutely loved the plyo legs this week. they were fun, well if wheezing and panting can be fun. LOL!
cathy

becky, i'm doing both legs. i just did squat rack today and i did plyo legs on tuesday. i love them both.
where is the post you were talking about?
cathy

SirenSong -

I am using dumbbells for a lot of the moves because the barbells are too hard to get up or DB's are just more comfortable in M3. Just adjust it for you, your body and your goals!

Gib

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.