DH said he doesn't want man arms on me grrrr

I will just do my regular toning but I like for my husband to be attracted to me too:eek:. Im just being human when I say that. I would be lying if I said oh forget him and what he thinks im going to shoulder press 65 pounds for 800 reps:eek:

My husband and I just talked about this last night! He saw a woman with muscles-he said if I get arms like that he won't sleep with me anymore. I asked why. He said cuz he doesn't want to be with someone who is stronger than him. I shrugged my shoulders and told him that he then needs to step up his game! He agreed. I found it amusing. Personally I don't think your husband would necessarily find your muscles unattractive, I think he's just insecure about himself and is projecting it on to you. Just a guess. Good luck!

I am really grieved at the disrespectful tone to men on this thread. Why can't have their opinion just like we do? I do not think that makes them stupid, just different. They are completely different than women. They think differently about almost everything. I would not want anyone saying that my son is stupid because he has a male-perspective opinion and I doubt Cathe or any other woman who is worth her salt would care to have anyone call her sons stupid when they get older too.

Male-bashing in this culture has become very tolerated and almost encouraged. However, if we are walking down a dark alley with our man, and some thug came up with a gun and was going to rape us...every single one of us women would expect our man to lay down his life to save us....and the thing is...they would. And for that I am thankful and I respect my husband for his strength, differences, and opinions, even though I may not totally agree with them, but I respect that he has an intellect and opinions.

Tracy,

I'm speaking for myself, but what I said was that nobody tells me what workouts to do, or what to look like. That includes men or women. No disrespect toward men intended.

You are right in that everyone deserves an opinion. But there are ways of having that opinion without telling another person how to live their life. A man can be strong, intelligent and protective, without being controlling and demeaning. Fortunately that's what I've found with my husband. He would absolutely lay down his life for me, as I would mine for him. But he isn't silly enough to tell me how I should workout and/or how I should look. And I certainly wouldn't tell him either.

For what it's worth, I don't think men are stupid. I agree that calling them such is a bit over the top. However, I do think the OP needs to think about the fact that her husband is so controlling. You can look great and be attractive to him without him telling you what to do and how to look.

My husband and I just talked about this last night! He saw a woman with muscles-he said if I get arms like that he won't sleep with me anymore. I asked why. He said cuz he doesn't want to be with someone who is stronger than him. I shrugged my shoulders and told him that he then needs to step up his game! He agreed. I found it amusing. Personally I don't think your husband would necessarily find your muscles unattractive, I think he's just insecure about himself and is projecting it on to you. Just a guess. Good luck!

THIS is an the attitude that just makes me shake my head. What mature, adult male (or female) threatens a loved one with "not sleeping" with them if their arms look a certain way? This is just beyond me.

To the original poster. Diet is key in building muscle if you dont feed the muscle it wont grow so just dont overeat!

LV77,
I agree with the other ladies here that say your husband may feel threatened by your success. It is almost like when someone looses a lot of weight and the spouse has a hard time handling the "new" person they find themselves with. That in itself is lost on me, you should be happy for the one you love, not jealous. But don't let him make you feel like you have to take his opinion to heart. It is, after all, an opinion and it sounded as if it was unsolicited and meant to make you feel bad.
Keep your head up and decide if YOU want those killer arms. And show them off!!

I agree with Evilgrin on this one. Husbands should be supportive of their spouse in any endeavor where the spouse is improving herself and being successful. Husbands should be supportive. Other arguments could crop up if a wife earns more than the husband, and so forth. Having strong arms is part of good health -- and all members of families should be supportive of good health and wellness.
-- David

I don't think a man is necessarily threatened by a woman's strength/fitness just because he doesn't prefer the muscled look. I know lots of secure, emotionally healthy men who like women who look very pin-up girly: big boobs, round butts, slim arms and legs. It's just their preference. Now I don't think they'd go around telling their DW's/gf's/SOs not to work out or threaten not to sleep with them, but I could totally see them telling them that they don't like the muscular look. Heck, I don't like really muscular men, FWIW - the body builder type is a total turn off to me. And I would tell DH that if he started down that road. Call me whatever you want, but I just couldn't stand big, vein-y arms and bulging chest muscles laying in bed next to me! :confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.