Detangler -HELP

Ciddy

Cathlete
I have been letting my hair grow out for quite a while and it's gotten really long which is what I was wanting (I wanted something different from my years of short hairstyles), but while I'm really happy with the length, picking it out after I wash and condition it has become a nightmare. I do use conditioner, but it still takes me forever to comb it out. I desperately need some recommendations on a good detangler. Any suggestions? Thanks. :)

Ciddy,

Try combing your conditioner through your hair in the shower. I use Biolage Detangling Solution or Paul Mitchell the Detangler.

I have fairly long hair and I always have a tangled mess after I wash my hair. I use Biolage by Matrix Daily Leave-in Tonic. It works great and makes my hair shiny. It smells nice too.

Brush your hair out before you get into the shower and comb your conditioner through with a wide tooth comb. I second the suggestion for Paul Mitchell the Detangler - it's a conditioner, not a spray.

Matrix Biolage fortetherapie leave in treatment works wonders for my hair. I am sure anything from biolage is good though, they make great products!

I love Pantene Expressions. They have them for every hair color.

Look for any intense conditioner. While it is on your hair comb it out with a wide tooth comb then rinse.

Good luck!
Terri

Hi Ciddy, I have had long hair forever and have had such a hard time combing it out after the shower. One day about 2 months ago I had my hair in a bun during my workout (normally it's in a pony tail). Would you believe that after my shower, combing it out was easy??? I couldn't believe it! Normally I pull so much hair out of my head when trying to brush it out. Ever since that day I always wear it in a bun and am so much happier! I do always leave a bit of conditioner in my hair because I hate the frizzy look (my hair is relatively straight, but it still gets that look to it). Anyway, I have no idea if this will work for you, but boy it's made all the difference for me!! Good luck!
--Jennifer :)

I alternate between Bumble+Bumble leave in conditioner and Rusk grapefruit detangler spray. Sometimes I use both. I always brush my hair before a shower and only wash my hair every other day.

I have long, baby fine hair and it REALLY tangles (plus I have highlights and that makes it alot worse). I have to wash my hair every day because when I wake up in the am, the roots are always very oily. I wash and condition using Joico K-Pack Moisture Intense Hydrator. I love this stuff, it makes my hair super soft and shiny w/o weighing it down. I leave the conditioner on while I shower, and then when I'm done with everything else, I turn the shower off and turn my head upside down under the spicket to rinse out the conditioner (this makes a difference). I then wrap it in a towel for a few minutes, then comb it out and the comb just glides through, except for the same section that tangles the most,but this way I can comb through it w/o too much trouble. I have tried TONS of hair products and detanglers and nothing has worked as good as this stuff.

Ashley

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I have been so frustrated lately and I really don't want to cut it because it's longer than it's ever been, but my mornings are already rushed as it is without having to spend a lot of time combing out my hair. Thanks again. I'll give some of these products a try.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.