defective dvd

suz483

Recently ordered kpc dvd and it won't play on my dvd, I have other Cathe dvd's that play fine. I read the dvd school message and I've done what they said, but still no luck. Yesterday I received my third replacement dvd and it still does not play. I know people will say its my dvd player, which is a fairly new Sony that I never had any problems with. I really don't know what to do about this?
Suellen

That is such a drag! Have you tried to play it in another DVD player? Does your computer play DVD's? Maybe you could pop it in there and see if it works.

ETA that great minds think alike!! It looks like Kristy and I posted at the same time.

Michele

My husband was an AV guy for YEARS. He's all about the troubleshooting. I've learned from the best!

Kristy

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

I don't have another way to play this dvd in my house and that is where I work out. Do I have to buy a special dvd player to play Cathe's dvd's on? By the way I'm not trying to be smart-I'm just trying to figure this out...
Suellen

I'm just suggesting that you see if it plays somewhere else to make sure your player isn't the problem. If it is the problem, you might want to try a DVD lens cleaner.

Kristy

I just got my kpc last night and I put it in my sons playstation2 and it skips and played in slow motion. Then when i put it in the dvd player it was better but not perfect.

Do you mind if I ask you what DVD it is. I have the same problem with my Cardio & Weight/IMAX2 DVD. It wouldn't work when I first tried it so I went out and got that DVD cleaner thing. It worked a couple of times after that but went right back to stalling and skipping after awhile, even though I continued to use the cleaner. I tried it last week after using the cleaning disk again, and it still wouldn't work. Very frustrating indeed.

Carolyn

ETA: I see that it's the KPC disk, so disregard my question. Good luck!!

I emailed customer service about my problem and they said being that they replaced the dvd three times that it has to be my player. I never had any problems with my player until I bought Cathe's dvd's. So I supposed to get rid of my dvd player which cost $130. and buy a new one? Customer service will not give me a refund. They said out of the two dvd's I returned one was defective and the other did stop and start but that it had finger prints on it. They asked if I had wiped off the dvd before playing it-of course I did. I'm sure losing $50 means alot more to me then to Cathe and company. I believe Cahte's dvd's are the most expensive ones out there and I'm sure the markup is alot. Don't get me wrong I love Cathe's workouts and I think they are worth the money but right now I'm feeling ripped off.
Suellen

I had problems with my KPC/L&G disk too. Sometimes it wouldn't play, sometimes it skipped.... I got a new DVD player on the weekend and now it plays like a charm.

Try a DVD lens cleaner (cleans inside the player) It's cheap and you should clean it from time to time anyway.

Kristy

Not all dvd players are created equal. I have one that plays the intro of Step Blast, but won't go past that.After the intro, I get a message that there is no recognizable disc in the player. It is the only dvd that won't play in that machine. I think it has something to do with the chaptering of the dvd. It will play in our other dvd player, which is a cheaper brand, but newer. On some DVD's the data is laid down in layers. I'm guessing Cathe's are done this way. I don't think some players can read disc like that effectively. I am just kind of hypothesizing here. I'm not sure this is what is going on, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me.

I had the same issues with all the intensity series DVDs. I was so upset!!! We changed the older DVD player in the living room (where I work out) for the newer one in the bedroom and I haven't had any problems since.

The intensity series have SO many premixes and options that a lot of players can't handle them. That's why the Hardcores are so simple, comparatively. SNM was trying to avoid these exact difficulties.

Good luck, and I hope you find a way to make it work for you!!

I got the KCP dvd for Christmas and can't get it to work in my player either. It skips and will not go to the menu screen. I have the workouts on VHS and I wanted dvd for the blender and premixes, but I can't get the menu screen to come up. It will work in another player in my house but I don't workout there. Can't switch the players because I have a combo dvd/vhs player in my workout room for all my old favorite vhs. Very frustrating! I got a replacement and it wouldn't work either. Tried the dvd cleaner, tried all sorts of stuff and it just sits there on my shelf.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.