December Rotation Check in Wednesday

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning. The sun is just starting to come up here and the frost is on the grass again! Seems as though the COLD weather is finally here to stay (we were in the high 60s just last Thursday).

Gin-when and where is your half marathon? I've got a few races/runs scheduled for 2007.

Ok......this morning was GS, BSB. Funny, how, after doing the November rotation with all the cardio mixed in with the weights, that now when the day's workout is ONLY weights, it feels like a light day! LOL I'll be interested to see what kind of DOMS I get from this!

I was thinking, during this workout, that Cathe should come up with a weight workout where she takes us thru an upper body circuit. For instance, circuit 1 would be 1 exercise for each of the back, shoulders, bis, tris, chest. Then circuit 2 would be another exercise for each...and so on. Instead of concentrating on just one body part then jumping to the next. I've been reading up on the P90X, and although I can't afford to buy it just yet, it got me thinking that Cathe doesn't have an upper body circuit weight workout.

OK.....enough rambling! Have an awesome day! Kick some BUTTTT!

Gayle

Good morning Gayle and all who follow!

I'll also be doing GS BSB today... I can't even remember the last time I did that workout! So I'm looking forward to it, too. I admit the time thing has me thrown - last month EVERY workout was over an hour, lol. I admit I'm happy for a "bit" of a break, though!

Have a great day!!

Marie

Good Morning!!!

Today was GS BSB for me. Gayle- I agree, today felt like an "easy" workout. I ended up using the same weights as Cathe, except for biceps which I always use less than her. It was a good workout, although I was happy with the 1 hour time frame, the workouts leave me feeling like I'm only half way done:)

Gayle- I like that idea of the upper circuit workout- you should post that.

Happy hump day! and Have a great workout to all who come later:)
Deanie

"This is a Blast- act like you are having one!" Cathe Friedrich

Good morning ladies. This morning I chose to do Slow & Heavy since I don't have the GS series. I got up late so I only had time for Back and Shoulders and even that kind of choppy because my DVD kept stopping and skipping. Very frustrating!!! It's funny because almost all of my Cathe DVD's skip or pause at some point except for the new workouts and those are the ones that other people are having problems with. Ha!

Gayle - I agree with your idea for an upper body circuit workout. I would definitely enjoy that.

I still have DOMS from Monday's leg workout but it's not too bad.

I'm loving this rotation so far because I'm enjoying the break from the cardio!! }(

Tracee

Good morning ladies
Today was B&G timesaver Standing glutes and abs but i did the ankle weight abs instead of ball abs since i did that one yesterday. What a good workout:)
Randi

Good morning ladies,

Today was GS Legs for me. Originally I was only going to do the floorwork and some pilates because I didn't want to do any weighted work for my legs (to see if that works for me) but after doing the warmup, the only thing I skipped was the squats. I'm really sick of squats (but I still like plie squats, I guess it's the dancer in me.) The calf raises always kill me which I find surprising since I took ballet for 7 years and did endless releves! But I do them without a bar to work on my balance and hold my core together.

Gayle - great idea on the upper body circuit. I started watching the P90X DVDs. I think because Tony switches between body parts, it gives that body part more time to rest and recover. What I like about P90X is that you choose the weight and the amount of reps. Get ready for every kind of pushup imaginable! I wish I could start it soon but we're moving soon and DH doesn't want me putting any marks on the walls from the pull-up bar. I'm still trying to find one that won't do any damage. Otherwise, I'll have to wait about another 6 months. :( :( :(

Marie - I agree that the shorter workouts feel like a much deserved break.

Deanie - I always go less than Cathe for biceps too but I usually go heavier on shoulders, tris and back.

Randi - I think the B&G ab routines are my favorite of the series. I like the abs on the ball the best.

Have a great day ladies.

Marcy

Marcy, did you know there's an over-the-door model pull-up bar? I know some folks here have one, so you should post the question over on OD. Personally, I am hoping to use my Fluidity barre for both pull-ups and chin-ups (obviously I won't be dangling anywhere, lol). I still have to watch the workouts to see how I can manage that. And I personally wouldn't put off the X rotation due to the pull-up bar, I think you can modify with lat rows?

Tracee, does your DVD player need to be cleaned, maybe? Or maybe it's time to upgrade?? :)

Anyway, I just finished GBSB - it felt great. I went kind of easy on the weights as it's been a while since I did anything really heavy and I want to ease back into it (otherwise the overdose of DOMS makes me really cranky and hard to live with). The bicep portion in particular felt really good to me - just what we need!!

Marie

So, Marcy & Marie...do you both have the P90X workouts??? I'm in the market for the band needed to do assisted pull ups. I found one for $30.00, but that just seems so expensive to me!

GREAT JOB, everybody!!!!!!!!!

Gayle

hello ladies,

today i did LIC cardio timesaver. i ran out of time this morning and didn't do the 200 crunches, plus. i am hoping to have time to get in all the ab work tonight. if both of my ds's cooperate, lol

gayle- i also have p90x and the system is awesome. i've previewed and done a couple of the workouts but have yet to do a full rotation. i am planning on it.

kali- hey girl, how was your workout today..;o)

have a great day ladies!!

Hi Gayle, yes I have the whole P90X package. Below is a link for the beachbody bands:

javascript:NewWindow=window.open('/text/content/v3/products/accessories/catalog/popup_blines_standardkit.html','myWindow','width=550,height=500,left=100,top=100,toolbar=No,location=No,scrollbars=Yes,status=No,resizable=Yes,fullscreen=No'); NewWindow.focus(); void(0);

But I don't know what to attach the band to to do the pullups. I even tried doing one on the rafters in the basement but I don't feel like going up and down the stairs every 2 minutes to do pullups. Tony rotates between pullups and pushups.

Marcy

Hi again Gayle. I guess my link didn't work but if you go to the Beachbody site under Fitness gear, you'll see them. It's a 3 band package for women for $30.00.

Marcy

Thanks, Marcy. I actually have a Power Tower, so the bar is not the problem. The band is. I had in mind getting a band that doesn't have ends...if that makes sense. A loop, I guess! LOL. I know how to loop the LOOP/band, but I'm not so sure about tying the 2 ends of a band to do teh assisted. HMMMMM. I'll have to think about that.

Gayle

Good Afternoon All!
Gayle--I am training to run the Cowtown Half Marathon in Fort Worth on Feb. 24. Which runs are planning to do? Do you keep up the Cathe cardio with running?

Tracee--My new Cathe dvds pause about once on every workout. I may need to either clean the player or invest in a new one. Heavens! It does get a lot of use:p

I did LIC cardio timesaver blast this morning with the extra crunches,etc. I thought the 200 crunches, etc. wouldn't be so bad. I was wrong. My abs were sore during!x( Also ran 3 miles and took a yoga class. Does anyone else do yoga? I started taking classes this summer and I really like it. I am having the DOMS today from yesterday's GS BSB, except my triceps are sore. What is up with that??:eek:

Have a great day!
Gin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.