Dec 2011 Rotation

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! I know this is a huge ongoing month of festivities but lets also keep our health a high priority on our "to do" list.

This month we are shocking our systems by mixing high impact with low impact workouts and also combining muscular strength with muscular endurance workouts. I have factored in additional stretching in case your body feels especially tight from the “after shock”. Expect to enhance your metabolism, burn fat, calories, improve flexibility and build better bone density! Now if you can do all that great, but if you can do it through the busy month of December, even better! Holiday Self Help: For every holiday indulgence, drink two extra glasses of water, do 25 push ups and 50 crunches (that ought to keep your indulgences in check, wink).

So if you're ready, let's take on our last rotation of 2011 with everything we've got!

WEEK ONE

Mon: Athletic Training
Tues: Imax 2 plus Total Body Stretching (Stretch #1)
Wed: Slide and Glide
Thurs: 4DS Kickbox, Legs,
Fri: Pyramid Upper Body
Sat: Pyramid Lower Body
Sun: Yoga Max (or day off)

WEEK TWO

Mon: Afterburn
Tues: Imax 3
Wed: Kick Max
Thurs: Total Body Trisets Upper Body
Fri: Total Body Trisets Lower Body
Sat: First 25 minutes of Athletic Training, Ab Circuits Pilates based, Total Body Stretching (Stretch #2)
Sun: Yoga Relax (or day off)

WEEK THREE

Mon: Cardio Supersets
Tues: Imax Original
Wed: Low Impact Challenge
Thurs: Muscle Max
Fri: Kick Punch and Crunch
Sat: Cycle Max (or Hiit 30/30) plus Total Body Stretching (Stretch #1)
Sun: Yoga Max (or day off)

WEEK FOUR

Mon: Afterburn
Tues: Hit 40/20 plus Total Body Stretching (Stretch #3)
Wed: Total Body Triset Premix
Thurs: Slide and Glide
Fri: Turbo Barre
Sat: Body Max 2
Sun: Yoga Relax (or day off)

Thank you Cathe! I always look forward to your rotations and definately appreciate that you posted it early. Thanks again!
Nicole

I have everything except the Imax's. What can I use to substitute for them? I don't know how to categorize them.

What about HIIT in place of IMAX?

Hiho (Love that, btw), I think you could use the High Intensity workouts in place of an IMAX workout and do fine. Maybe Cathe will pop in here and give you some other suggestions.

Hope that helps,

Hi Cathe,

I love this rotation and put it in my calendar in the workout blender. It looks energizing and stress relieving at the same time. Thanks!

Beth

I am new to Cathe and do not have all of her video's (I am working up to it though!). I have her entire LIS, but I am missing a few others in this rotation (Imax1 & 3, kickmax, pyramid upper and lower). How would I know what to substitute these with? I would really like to participate in Cathe's rotations but I am not able to invest in her ENTIRE collection right now. Any suggestions?

Thanks Cathe--this rotation looks great. I did your November rotation that had workouts only from the new low impact series and have seen great results. Can't wait to start this one on Monday!
~michelle

You can sub in any Kickboxing for KM. You can sub in any UB & LB for PUB & PLB. The Imax's are intense and use the step. So IMO sub in cardio workouts you have that are challenging for you. Peggy

December 2011 rotation substitutions

Is there something I could substitute for the Imax? I have two left feet and that type of cardio is dangerous for me (Cathe goes left I go right and then trip over the step and sprain my ankle, don't laugh -its happened).
How about drill max? cardio core?

Any suggestions would be great.

Is there something I could substitute for the Imax? I have two left feet and that type of cardio is dangerous for me (Cathe goes left I go right and then trip over the step and sprain my ankle, don't laugh -its happened).
How about drill max? cardio core?

Any suggestions would be great.

If you have any kind of interval or Tabata workouts (like Supreme 90 Tabata Inferno) it would work to sub for Imax. You can also use the Drillmax cardio only premix, but IMO it's not as tough as Imax.

Intensity would be a great sub for any IMAX. I also think Cardio Core Circuit works pretty well as it is really intense. Afterburn too. I love that we have lots of choices. :)

I know the rotation indicates that Imax 1 is the 2nd day of the 3rd week but on my w/o calendar it shows Intensity as part of the rotation instead of Imax. Was a change made? It doesn't really matter I can do either one but I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed that on their w/o calendar.

me too

I know the rotation indicates that Imax 1 is the 2nd day of the 3rd week but on my w/o calendar it shows Intensity as part of the rotation instead of Imax. Was a change made? It doesn't really matter I can do either one but I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed that on their w/o calendar.

lol!!! I just noticed that,I did Imax and when I went to calender to check it off it was intensity.....:eek: their both tuff!! im glad I chose Imax haven't done that one in a while.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.