Deanies Rotation Check In-Happy Monday!

deanie

Cathlete
Good morning everyone:)

As you can tell, I am ina great mood this morning!! Variety Show is over-although it was A LOT of fun, and the kids (especially mine:) ) did great, it was alot of work, and some stress. The Purim carnival, which I ran a youth booth, yesterday, was fun, but also, alot of work to get together all the stuff needed during the same week as Variety show, also some stress. But today its all over!!!!! Hooray!!!, and back to the regular hecticness! My older DS has his first drum lesson today, and I don't know who's more excited- me or him!! Also, his great coach that he learned alot from last spring emailed to see if he was playing this spring, and would like to put my DS on his team!!! Last spring they went to the championships and lost by one game!!!!

Today I did Imax 3! Love this workout. Actually at blast 7, I didn't know if I would finish the workout, but I got a second wind and made it through. (I am continueing Cathes Jan. 07 workout) and this week she only has us working abs twice, but I think Imax 3 inadvertantly works the abs, so I didn't tack any abs on..... Tomorrow is GS chest and tri, and I am only going to do 2 sets of 16 pushups, but I'm going to have my toes (feet) on the step.

Tracee- How are you doing with the workouts? Did you start Debbies rotation today? This is the website I found, from a poster on another forum, to find your BMI: www.halls.md/body-mass-index/bmi.htm. I plugged my info in and it did the rest. Hope everyone is feeling fine at your house!

Gin- Glad you can atleast do yoga and core max. You can still get a good workout, just different, with yoga! I think.

Jennifer- Your gala sounds great! I live in maryland, about 45 min from Baltimore Harbor and its a wonderful area! Shopping and lots to see history wise. Did you find a dress?

Marcy- I hope you had a great start with Debbies rotation today!! I can't wait to see how you did- you always keep me on my toes!! I just read a post in the open discussion forum about P90X, and it actually did not make me wantto try it. I think I will be happy doin a faux P90X with CAthe!:) I think I just want to follow Cathes workouts, just put them in the push pull order. But for the P90X rotation, I will do all the pushups!:) What do you think?

Have a great day all,
BBL,

Deanie

Good Morning, Ladies-

Deanie- It seems like you had a wonderful weekend, that's great!!

It's Monday & miserable here in Exton. I hate Mondays!! I set my alarm for 4:50 this morning...Do you think I got out of bed, NOPE! I am so mad at myself. I didn't get any good workouts in this weekend, so I was hoping to get up early and put it behind me.
Cathe calls for Steady State Run today, since I don't run, I think I might throw in Power Max...oldie, but goodie :)

Had a donut for breakfast, so lets just say my week is not starting out well at all!!

Still looking for a dress, have some good leads I am going to go out at lunch and look again.
Take care -

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/Fitness-momx2

http://5.UploadMirror.com/uploaded/3/933/glitter_maker_03_01_2007_19_17_32_14056.gif

Good Morning Ladies!

Today was GS C&T and then B&G abs with ankle weights. I always have to go down in weights from what Cathe does. Oh well. I do my best.

Deanie--Glad everyone enjoyed the Variety Show. My youngest son played the drums for years and was in the marching band as a snare drummer all through HS. He loved it! Does your son have a drum set? You do so well with that challenging cardio!!

Marcy--I don't have Cathe's beginner/intermediate w/os, but I do still have some of the old Firms I could do. We'll see....

Jennifer--Did you find a dress? Are you planning on Drill Max today? Tough to do 2 difficult w/os 2 days in a row. For me anyway.

Tracee--Hope you are back to working out!

Late to work,
Gin

Good Morning Deanie. Glad to see you are in such a great mood for a Monday. Happy to hear that the show went well and that your son was outstanding! It's so great to share in there accomplishments isn't it? Just think, your normally hectic life is going to seem like a breeze now that your extra stuff is over. :)

Thanks for the BMI information. I was confusing it with body fat % as Gin or Marcy pointed out in a previous post. I'll check out the website when I'm done with this post.

I started Debbie's rotation today and it was GS Chest & Tri. It was extra exciting for me because it was the first time doing that workout. I was dreading it because of all the complaining I had read on the boards about the 72 pushups. I actually didn't find them to be too bad. No, I didn't do them all but I definitely felt like I would be able to some day. I did the first two sets on my toes, the next set on my knees, rested during the set of 8 and then finished the rest on my knees. My arms are weak now and they were shaking when I was trying to put on my eyeliner this morning. :)

I saw the P90X infommercial this weekend and I've gotta say that it looks tough! I'm not sure I would stay motivated to work that hard.

Hope the rest of you are having a great start to a new week. Can't wait to hear how everyone else did with their workout.

Tracee

The last line of my previous post makes me sound stupid but that's just because three of us were posting at the same time. LOL!

Tracee

Hi all!

Today was GS Chest & Triceps and B&G ankle weight abs. I feel like I'm getting a little better at this workout. Did it in only an hour and 7 minutes today (my new record!). I need a lot more rest between certain sets than Cathe does. Here are my weights for today:

First, did all 72 pushups on toes.
Chest Press: 16.5#, all 3 sets (up 1 pound from last time)
Chest Flys: 16.5# 1st set, had to drop to 15# for last 2 sets (up 1# from last time)
Incline Chest Press: 15# both sets
Incline Chest Flys: 15# both sets
Close Grip Barbell Press: 36# both sets and 2 out of 4 of bonus reps (up 1 pound from last time). Wasn't able to do any bonus reps last time
Dips (with 36# bbl in lap)
Dbbl lying extensions: 10# both sets. 2nd set of down 3, up 1 is harder for me.
Overhead extensions: 25.5# (up 2# from last time) 10 out of 12 reps for 1st set. 2nd set: did all 12 reps.
Cross Body Extensions: 10# both sets. 1st set did all reps. 2nd set: did 10/12 reps.
Kickbacks: 12# both sets. Did all reps. Might go up to 13 pounds next time.

Deanie: Glad you saw Sandra's post about P90X. It doesn't discourage me. I think everyone will get different results depending on what you put into it and how you follow it. If you get a chance, there is also another (long!) post about P90X at videofitness.com. I haven't gotten a chance to read it all but I will by the end of the day. Glad your variety show went well. Congrats on all your DS's accomplishments. I usually have a problem with blast #7 too. 1, 4 and 7 are the hardest for me. Your plan for our next rotation sounds fine.

Jennifer - Good luck finding a dress. Hope you get to workout later. Mondays aren't good for me with clean eating as we get a free breakfast every Monday at work and I splurge on a half bagel with cream cheese with chives, a mini croissant and a mini danish. I'm good for the rest of the day though. For my 1st breakfast I had Kashi Heart to Heart cereal with a banana and a 1/2 cup of regular milk. I will be having a Lean Cuisine for lunch, yogurt for snack and I haven't figured out dinner yet.

Gin - Glad you were able to do C&T and B&G abs. Doing your best is all you can do.

Tracee - Good work on C&T. This definitely goes into my top 3 of Cathe's toughest workouts. The pushups take a while but you'll get there.

BBL. Have a great day.

Marcy

Good Afternoon All!
Jennifer and Tracee--We were all 3 posting at the same time this morning.
Jennifer--Will you be able to fit in a workout tonight? Are you trying to switch over from evening to morning workouts?

Tracee--Way to go with completing the first 2 sets of drop set pushups!! That sounds good to me. I have been trying to improve my pushup strength by doing negative pushups. One set on my toes on the way down and knees on the way up. Next set knees on the way down and toes on the way up. I still was only able to do the 1st set completely on my toes.x( What did you think of your first time doing C&T?

Marcy--I am so in awe of the amount of weight you can lift. You are incredibly strong!

Deanie--Hope your day has been a good one.

Yoga class tonight.
Gin

Hello again!

Gin - Enjoy your yoga class tonight. Thanks for the compliment.

Deanie - Just wanted to say thanks for the tapes. I got them on Saturday. That was pretty fast shipping.

Have a good night everyone.

Marcy

Gin - I thought C&T was a very thorough workout. I enjoyed it and I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow. I really was expecting to not like it because I had read so many negative comments about all the pushups. Cathe constantly inspires me and I just shake my head when she says she's going to use a certain weight and I'm grabbing for something that is about half what she's using. Ha!

Have fun at class tonight.

Marcy - I'm also in awe of the amount of weight you can lift.

Have a good night. I'm on my way home now.

Tracee

Hi Ladies :)

I was able to fit in Drill Max tonight, it was great. For some reason I had ALOT of energy when I got home. The only thing that has me questioning. It seems like Jai & Cathe really sweat during this workout. I mean I sweat, but it's not like it's dripping off of me during this workout like them...it sort of makes me feel that I am not working out hard enough.

I am trying to get out of bed in the morning, I remember having so much more energy. Will try again tomorrow.
Tomorrow will a step workout...Can you give me a suggestion as to what to do...Please??

Take Care

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/Fitness-momx2

http://5.UploadMirror.com/uploaded/3/933/glitter_maker_03_01_2007_19_17_32_14056.gif

Jennifer--Hey....Doesn't Daylight savings Time start next week? Maybe that will help you be better able to get up early and workout! Just a thought.:D

Set that alarm now for 4:50am!}(
Gin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.