Daytona Trippers

Hi all~
I did a Brazilian dance workout (BBL cardio axe that I found online) and I did XT CBS, and BG abs (the ones with ankle wts not the ball bonus).

Angela, I'm driving to to DB since I live in S. FL. and I have family and friends in DB, too. I used to live there. I'm picking up Lisa and I think Diana. The airport is not on the way but pick up is not a problem. What holiday is on the road trip weekend??

Woke up to leg DOMS, especially, inner thigh and glutes. I walked dogs 2.75 miles, then did AT express PM (22 min), then did a 30 min rhythm Pilates w/o and then did some workshop type pilates reformer for 30 min. I'm going to quit dwelling on UB weights and work in more cardio in hopes to drop some lbs.

Jody, It's columbus holiday. I guess banks and such get it off, I never did in my line of work so I never thought of it as a holiday where you get off work, Angela may get it off work.

Angela, Diana and I both fly from CO so we are flying on Thursday, getting in FL in afternoon, then coming back Sunday in the evening. Where do you live again? I crochet too (I think that's one reason my right hand feels like it's getting arthritis (or something) right in the middle of palm(but on the back of hand more) if I use it certain ways too much :( I also LOVE that I can pause my subscription on PA (pilatesanytime). Tracey Mallett has some booty barre classes on there and something called Fuse dance too, and today I did Lisa Hubbard Rhythm Pilates. I love to think I can dance :)

So, seems there to be mainly us 4 in the checkin thread? (Diana, Angela, Jody, me?) Jody and I are roomies, not sure if we want to squeeze 4 in a room (I must have my own bed, no one will want to sleep with me, not even DH wants to sleep with me some nights :) ) But do we want to try to get connecting rooms if we can? just a thought.

Flight back is 7pm. I have a hard time sleeping away from home. If only I could take my bed! [emoji4]

I know Diana couldn't get on same flight out as me, not sure what that says about getting your flight booked. I booked early because I knew I wanted to use miles.

When is everyone booking hotel room?

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

Sunday I did the last day of the 30 day challenge. I was never a fan of the bootcamp style workouts myself. My preference was to do either cardio or weights. After the results I've had with the BR w/o's I'm now a fan. Of course it depends on your goals, and my goals were fat loss/weight loss. These w/o's are basically 10 second rest/30, 40 or 50 second work, for 45 mins to over hour. They do repeat many of exercises each day and most have a weight only segment at the end. The exercises are things like burpees tuck jump, high knees and drop to the floor...repeat, squat OH press, clean & press etc. You do 30 sec cardio, rest 20 seconds, 30 weight and rest 10 seconds, etc....you don't stop until it's over. Some days are tougher than others.

This morning I did CLB, so nice to have my Cathe back. Not sure what's on tap the next 2 days as I'm on vacation with my girls.

I'll definitely need to find a roommate, 4 in a room might be too many IMO. I've shared with folks I new from the forums on my last 2 RT's and it worked out great.

Jody-I'm also a WW lifetime member, but about 8-10lbs over my goal. Yep, I'm hoping to hitch a ride with Lisa from the airport too. I'll email you my itinerary. I get in about 90 min before Lisa but will just hang out at the airport until her flight gets in.

Angela-hope I answered you BR questions. Let me know if you want more info. The workouts are all similar in nature. I like that abs are integrated into the w/o almost daily, not just at the end.

Lisa-don't forget Kiki! She must be busy or on vacation this week. I thought our return flights were different numbers, but that's great if they are the same! The heat is awful today, were you able to get your walk in?

gotta run...I'm at work...

Diana, what wt on bar did you use yesterday, last day of challenge? Also, were you able to do the transitions as quickly as Lisa?
OMG I actually stuck to ww points again yesterday.
Jody

Hi Ladies,

My legs are sore this morning, inner thighs especially. Today I plan on doing Imax 3. The girls want to do T25 cardio and the ab one. So add 2 T25 w/o's to the mix.

I'm not sure if I mentioned to anyone here, I also do several 21 day cleanses throughout the year. They have a FB private group that if you pay for the cleanse (just once), you have access to all the newer ones as well. Fresh Start 21 Cleanse - Simple Green Smoothies Some people rave of huge weightloss, for me-well I usually lose about 5#'s in the first week and that's it. When I go back to my regular eating it comes back. Most of the recipes are very good, but you will spend a fair amount of time in the kitchen.

Jody/Angela-the BR challenge has us skipping/jump rope/jumping jacks etc while Lisa performs the first exercise. I printed out each days exercises so I could see what the exercises and get whatever I needed together-weights, barbell, ball etc. The impact doesn't bother me, you could just march in place if needed. I only use a 40# barbell because it is used for clean & press, OH presses and squats and there isn't any time to change the barbell weight. It's not pretty or formatted, but I'm happy to send you what I have for the 30 day challenge. They have another challenge starting in July, I'll have to check the date.

bbl

It was a beautiful morning here today (65F, nice breeze) so I took a longer walk with the dogs, 3.35 miles, I finished my workshop type pilates reformer for 30 min, the 2nd part dealt more with teaser on the reformer, I am quite pleased how well my teaser is coming along, then added on 4DS BC cardio only. Really trying to get some burn in! Not only do I have the DBRT, but I realized my 50th is only 1.5 mths away, and supposedly my brother I haven't seen in over a decade is planning some celebration here and my siblings and I will all be together again (1st time since parents passed 12 yrs ago--yes they both passed within a mth of each other). Since that time the sibs have been squabbling, etc, so happy if it's my 50th that brings us all together.

Angela, I hope you liked PA, who was the teacher of the class you took? I know I look at more reformer videos, but my fav teachers are Marissa Brieland, Melissa Connolly, Lisa Hubbard, Jullian Littleford (he passed a few yrs ago), Kathryn Ross-Nash(HARD!), Tracey Mallett, Alysa Wyatt, and I'm starting to get into Courtney Miller.

Diana, I went a bit earlier for my walk yesterday and stuck to as many shaded paths, today was gorgeous (except that there was a haze so you couldn't see the foothills---The lakes link trail that runs along 287 (the highway is quite a ways away) has beautiful view of the mountains. My legs are still sore from CLB 2 days ago, makes it hard for me to do the stretching parts, maybe I need some WD40 :)

Jody, I think it was on this thread that you posted your WW goals and how far you are from them. I don't know the WW terminology but the spread of lbs sounds about where I am. :confused:

I walked the dogs 3.25 miles (this will be the last longish walk, as it turns to 90's again after today). I then did 30 min of horizontal jumping (aka, jumpboard on the reformer).

Diana, looks like United changed my return flight. So we are on the same return flight. I guess they can just change you if it's within 30 min or so.

Angela, Meredith would be next on my list. :) I've looked at a lot of those tutorials, good info, if only I could remember it after I watch it :) The private pilates reformer session for my sis and me is on July 12th. Should be interesting (that's one adjective for it). My fitbit said I burned 2800 calories, that's the highest so far except for my hike, that one was like 4300 calories.

Diana, I think I remember seeing you come up as a possible friend on my fitbit, probably because your email was in my address book. I think I just sent you an invitation. I have close to 10K each day by noon, it helps because of the dog walking and not having to go to work. It's quite an acheivement to have 10K by noon!

Last edited:
Workout this morning = AOLIH (reduced by 5 min), XT BS BI (reduced), and Scarecrows challenge then later on I came back and did KCM L2BF arms and abs pm (also reduced since I'd just done Bi)
Yesterday I did BBL Bum Bum, BG floor/ankle wts and some other bonus work all to sub for XT Legs.
And I stuck to my WW points again, so that is three days in a row and today is looking good, too.

Lisa, it sounds like your fitbit is working for you. You have some good motivation to get in shape by Aug.

Angela, now you have got my attention -->Last year I did this rotation (not with STS) followed by the May 2013 rotation and saw a decrease in weight and bodyfat<--- I found both of those rotations, looks like an awesome plan and wtg on STS Meso 1 done.

Diana, thanks for the smoothie link. I do green smoothies pretty regularly, if not daily. I would be interested in your BR challenge break down if it is convenient. You are definitely working out at a higher level than I am but I will keep it tucked away for if/when I am ready to tackle. Did you end up doing IMAX 3 plus 2 Insanity w/o? You are changing jobs soon?

My plan for now it to stick w/ XT rotation as my framework- you can see that I tweak it quite liberally as I see fit and to use WW to clean up my eating.
Jody

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was an active rest day for me. I took the girls to the waterpark for 3 hours, then bike riding, then to the park etc.

I didn't sleep very well and am not working out this morning.:mad: Oh well. I have to drop off the girls at my SIL's as she is watching them today.

Lisa-when I run in the mornings I hit my 10K steps early. I can't really run right now with the girls here. Not sure how I'm going to manage my w/o's when I start my new job on the 21st. I've been a morning exerciser for about 20 years. I may have to switch to evening workouts, and am not looking forward to running in the heat of the day. I'll check my email and accept your fitbit request. Work definitely gets in the way of me getting my steps some days. I do have a stand up workstation, so I stand most of the day, but that is not the same as walking. I also don't think the fitbit counts all of the high knees etc I do when doing BR. It's close enough for me though.

Jody-what rotation are you following? I improvise a lot too when doing rotations. I try to stick to the same type w/o, circuit/weights/cardio, but do what I like. Yes, I did 3 w/o's, Imax 3 on my own, then Speed 1.0 and the core w/o. I was beat and slept great Tuesday night! I'm happy to send my worksheet to you, again...not formatted or anything but you can do that if you like. I have them printed out and stapled together in my w/o area. I'll have to verify I have your email. If not I'll pm you to get it. How do you like BBL? It's probably the one BB program I do not have. My backside could use a lot of lifting if you know what I mean.:eek:

Angela-are you another pilates fan? Many years ago I did pilates on the reformer, a class. It was awesome and I looked at purchasing my own reformer-the one's I looked at were in the 4K-5K range....way above my budget. We have a pilates studio nearby, but it is also outside of my budget. They have all the equipment, so nice...too expensive for me.

I'm procrastinating going to work today....gotta run.

I had quite an interesting walk with the dogs today, ran into a SNAKE! I proved that I can still run! :D It felt good running....I ran only to the end of the ditch, no more ditch walks for me! The walk was cut short (I was going to walk the other side of the ditch but instead headed home), only 2.25 miles, then did AOLI, then 50 min intermed pilates reformer (Courtney on PA), it was good! I worked only one side at a time, you really had to work to stabilize yourself!

Diana, we used to love the bay when our kids were young. You are certainly a young grandma! That's cool you have a stand up workstation. I read elsewhere about Denver Tech Center, that is quite a ways, my DS used to work down there, the drive made him crazy. The key is leave early for work and leave late from work. What kind of work do you do?

Diana, and Angela, I started with pilates reformer after seeing Aeropilates on The Doctors (while I was recovering), it looked like a way for me to get my cardio in with no impact (the jumping part). I then ended up loving the actual pilates exercises, so researched higher end reformers, I ended up buying a balanced body Allegro 2, $3500 :eek: But it was worth if for my recovery. I'd have you over, Diana to see it, my house is a mess! I've had DS and DIL living here for over a year and it will be at least another 6 mths before their house is built, and my younger DS stays here now when he comes back to town to see his GF. I lost my big w/o room (it's a small 10x10 area now, I lost my sewing room, I just want my house back! The sacrifices you make for your kids!

Angela, I'm glad you like PA! So much to choose from on there, I'd never buy a pilates DVD with that site around! I really enjoyed Courtney's PA routine, I see she has a mat one, if you try it let me know how it is.

Jody, keep up the good work with the eats! I had to cave yesterday (was starving) and sometimes the body just needs a good old juicy burger! (it was my lunch and dinner). Back on track today!

Hi Ladies,

No workout to report for this morning...BOOH. I didn't sleep very well and then had to take the girls to SIL's to watch them today.

We get off work at 3pm today and I have to hit Costco before I pick up the girls.

Angela-I only tried the PRS's a couple times each and wasn't that impressed. I recall stepping off the front of the step, those steps are problematic for my knees. There is really nothing special about me-I just love Cathe and love to workout. I'm overweight and get pretty soft during the summer months due to tri-training. There just isn't time to fit in weight training. I usually do STS in the fall, after my HM in October. Another slow loser here..BR helped me lose more BF than any other rotation by far. It all depends on what your goals are. Right now my goals are improving my open water swimming for the triathlon in August...then I will focus more on running for the October HM.

Lisa-OMG, I would've had a heart attack if I ran into a snake. Sometimes I see them in my yard when I am mowing, not in the last couple years though. Have you looked into Pilates Central? Welcome to Pilates Central :: About Us When I looked at it a while back, although highly interested it was too expensive for my budget. I work in the IT industry. Leaving early for work is okay, but I don't want to leave late also. I hope to hit I-25 between 6 and 6:15am...which is during my normal w/o time..UGH. If I have to leave late then I don't know when I would w/o.

bbl

Ha ha, you guys are funny, running away from snakes. I moved one in today. My dd brought a python home this afternoon. She also cleans bear and panther cages.

Diana, did you get anything in today? Re BBL, I liked the Cardio Axe ok, it was fun dance cardio. Bum Bum was good, a little harder than I thought it would be. High and Tight involved floor work with a band around thighs which didn't work for me and next day I pulled out floor work from BG. I might do Bum Bum again but I'm not thinking I want to buy the system and do it instead of my Cathe.

Lisa, see above regarding snake. Did you work out for 2 hours between walk, AOLI and then pilates? Sheesh, good job!

Angela, I go up and down by 2-3 pds without much effort. Well, I take that back, I can gain 3 pounds easily, losing not so much. I've got another day of staying on WW points- this is the first time in a long time I've done so. I'm interested in trying the PRS's someday. I loved LIC and I used to just kill that workout, yet today I had to walk a bit in between the segments.

I'm sort of doing the XT 3 month undulating basic rotation and I'm on week three. This morning I did LIC, just the cardio step pm to sub for HS (I don't like boxing). The XT rotation is definitely a guideline not a rule.

Last edited:
Happy 4th of July ladies!!

I'm heading downstairs for GS C&B followed by Tabatacise! We are having a BBQ this afternoon.

Jody-I don't have your email. Please pm me your email and I will send you the breakdown of the BR 30 Day Challenge.

bbl

I did BM original cardio, power circuits and abs (no upper body) and some step ups and dead lifts to sub for XT CLB. The bpm in BM seems faster than later Cathe's. I'm going to see my mom today which I hate to do when I've been doing well on my WW points. Diana, I will pm you. Have a great day, all.

I did LBB today, nothing more so maybe a semi-rest day :)

Jody, I figure the 2 hr workout between everything may work since it worked last time around, gosh I sure hope so! So far no scale movement :mad: I swear it's harder this time around (last time was about 8 yrs ago). Keep the python! no stowaways in luggage to DBRT please! :)

Diana, enjoy the time with your family! That's quite the w/o you have on tap for today! I'm looking forward to meeting up next weekend. I was in I/T for 31 yrs for a major company. I'm not missing it, it's changed so much over the years (technically and politically).

Angela, hope you have a good 4th too!

Hi Ladies,

I had an absolutely perfect day yesterday! It started off with GS C&T, tabatacise 1-5 and core#1.

Today will be GS BSB, Core Cardio Circuit, and some additional ab work.

After our BBQ in the afternoon, I walked with the kids over to the park where they were doing the fireworks. The girls were so excited to go on the pony ride! I ended up with over 17,000 steps! I'm sure that must be a record for me.

I emailed the BR worksheets to Jody and Angela this morning. They are not pretty, but they work fine for me.

Angela-I used to do 2 hour workout all the time....in my younger days and when I had more time. I only do double w/o's on the weekends anymore. More often it's biking and swimming which neither are as intense as Cathe. Now I know that I need to focus more on the food to get the results I want. I know what I need to do, it's just doing it that is so hard. TBH, I think I've only tried the PRS w/o's each once. To give my due diligence I should do them a few more times before writing them off. I have enough other DVD's to choose from though.

Lisa-LBB is not a rest day, you silly girl! Looking forward to meeting up with you too! Sunday will probably work best as I hope to go open water swimming again on Saturday. I would've gone today but forgot to rent a wetsuit with all the activities of the week...:confused:

Jody-BM and MIC were my first Cathe w/o's! BM does have a faster count than most other. Intensity also has a faster count. Great job on following your WW points!! That is awesome. Are you just doing the online or going to meetings. I've been having trouble tracking as of late. That could be why I've hit a plateau. I lost 20#'s between June-November last year. These last 10#'s just aren't budging. Daily tracking would definitely help me. I also have a couple of very good books, Precision Nutrition and Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle.

There is another 21 day cleanse starting August 1st. If anyone is interested I can post the link to sign up. There is a fee, but you only pay it once and will get all the future updates and access to the FB group. I'm planning on doing it.

bbl

I did LICh today, I still remembered the combos after all this time of not doing it. I did Jody's version of T-Rex arms as my left arm is still not strong for swinging, especially in circles, so I'm babying it and not feeling guilty :) I then took a walk for only 1.25 miles with the dogs--hot and muggy!

Diana, :) I saw you creeping up on me with your steps! I was so lazy (left neck to shoulder hurt :( ) finally when the clouds rolled in, and I was soooooo low on my step count (LBB didn't add much for some reason) I took my dog for a couple of walks around the block. Sunday will be fine, and actually may work better because I have the private pilates session on Saturday. I did see that website about pilates sessions before, but looks like she went to lifetime fitness (and her rates are high!). This lady is $50 private, $35 semi-private will see how she is. I plan to use CCC as my little 30 min cardio blast on days I do pilates.

Angela, was the PA class 'deliberate pace'? I find those a bit yawnish (unless I'm wanting to focus on stretch and/or form). I may have to check into that chest/shoulder opener. One thing I learned from my PT after my neck surgery was opening chest and strengthening back more for better posture (30 yrs working at a computer and too much chest with Cathe). I'm adding back in Y's and T's, but not with a band (pulls my neck too much), but from the floor face down (PT had me doing them on a stab ball, but from the floor gets you to use the mid back muscles more). I'm really trying to work on posture and moving my shoulder down on my back (hope the private pilates session helps). When I'm in better posture I notice less 'drag' on my neck from those muscles trying to hold my arm up in socket.

Jody, hey, that fitbit was like my ball and chain yesterday! As I watched 'friends' pass me up and Diana creep up on me, it DID motivate me to get my steps in :)

Lisa, I'll leave the snake at home. I like snakes in the wild and don't really mind if there is one in the house, but I'm not taking this guy on any road trips. Good job on the walk, I bet the dogs appreciated it. I thought of you today when I went out and it was really humid- I can see why you balk at the weather.

Angela, I usually err on the side of more risers (usually I use 2) and less arms (little chicken wings or Trex). I'll get to the PRsteps someday when I don't mind spending time on a learning curve. I actually don't have them on DVD yet anyway. I'm hoping the flextrain workouts go on daily deal and I can add them to the new workout pre order. For now, I'm getting to know Xtrain better anyway. How was Pure Spice?

Diana, I looked back and '99 was my first time at WW. I'm just keeping track of my food in a journal and using the WW points system that is already in my head- no meetings right now. Just 1. you bite it you write it. 2. water water water 3. Eat a lot of plants. I watched Vegucated on netflix the other night, that ought to keep me on a whole food plant based diet. I went over on points yesterday somewhat. Today looks pretty good and tomorrow I will check the scale. I'm glad you had such a nice 4th! I might be interested in the 21 day cleanse. If the last 10 pounds for you are not budging, are you willing to keep them or will you try to get rid of them?

Today (Sat) I did a Diana inspired MIC (just the step portion), XT BS Bi and Tri and Core 1. Waves to all the DBRTers
Sunday: XT Legs (standing, ball and chair, floor using ankle wts) and some of the rear delts.
Weigh in this morning was disappointing 1.6 pounds loss but I'm going to stick with current plan (XT rotation and WW). I would have liked a 2 pd loss.

Last edited:
HOT here! only walked dogs 1.5 miles, they were hot when we got back. I did RK, only the 2nd time I've DONE it. I think I'm liking it. Busy with toys, trying to get my embroidery software to work on old windows laptop, got frustrated so got a windows surface 3, so playing with that.

Jody, I am now doing 1 riser less than Cathe, even if it means no riser. I'd prefer to enjoy my time than have to hit pause every second (ok that may be overstating it). And with no risers, no knee issues :) I'm sooooo learning to not worry about keeping up and doing and enjoying. Will see how it is at RT, I'm pretty competitive.

Gotta run

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.