Damage Control November!

Today I have Imax 3 planned and lots of walking.

Diana, I hope you're feeling better this morning. Getting a new car is the best feeling. Love that new car smell! Let us know what you end up getting.

Beth, what did you end up doing for a workout yesterday?

BBL to check in on everyone. Have a great day! :)

Hi Ladies,

I get to work from home on Thursdays now-yay. In January I will get to add my second WFH day! I'm still not feeling great, but did do Intensity this morning and 100 squat jumps. Tonight I plan on finishing up STS. I'm actually toying with the idea of doing it pyramid style like Tina did. Fitting it into the weight days on the Nov 2013 rotation. Boy, I must've contracted Wendy's exercise ADD!

Tina-You are getting in some awesome workouts. I just don't know where you find the time. Hope you get a new washer/dryer real soon. That is sure a pain to be without. My plan is to get my new car in early/mid December, or Thanksgiving if they off some good deals. We are using a broker and financing through our credit union. I'm really looking forward to it. We tend to keep our vehicles until they die, and now they are all dying.

bbl

Hi all! I ended up doing Slow and Heavy Chest and Back yesterday and am feeling it today! Today I walked a 10K wearing my 9 pound weight vest with a friend. It's great to socialize with someone once a week and to get a good walk in, too.

Diana-congrats on finishing STS and being able to work from home one day. December is the best time to get a car since no one is thinking about cars around the holidays. Do you always do two workouts a day? I'd be exhausted!

Anyone interested in picking a Thanksgiving challenge for our group? Think about it. If we all committed to the same workout or type of workout it might help in the holiday stress (I mean celebration...) of the day.

Beth

Hey Ladies,

I haven't been around much and mostly only posting my work outs when I do get here. Life is just getting the way these days. That being said, instead of coming here just to post my work outs I am going to bow out of the check in for a while. I feel bad because I rarely get around to personals anymore....Welcome to the newest members of the group. You are going to love it here! When my life gets less hectic I will return....In the meantime, enjoy your work outs everyone! See you on the other side! :cool:

Wendy, NOOOO! Don't leave us. Your workouts are inspiring and you motivate me to do more. Please check in when you can! :(

Beth, I am up for a Thanksgiving challenge! What are you thinking of? Name it, I'm in. :)

Diana, that's awesome you get a day to WFH! I only have two week left for pyramid style STS. I really enjoyed it and will definitely do another round like this next time.

Yesterday I only had time for AOLIH, I'll do Imax 3 next week. Today was M1D5 and TTM solid step/step tabata/abs combo. And later today I get to pick up a couch and loveseat and somehow get them into my house. Good thing I have muscles!

BBL to check in on everyone. :)

Hi Ladies,

No workout today....and sad to admit I still have that 1 STS disc left to complete the rotation. I didn't sleep very well last night and this sinus pressure is tough to deal with in the very early morning.

I'm totally up for a Thanksgiving Challenge. Actually, I'm already signed up for a 10K on that day. The challenge for today is 100 shoulder raises.

Beth-Nice job with S&H, those are tough! DOMs is a no brainer with those discs. I don't always do double w/o's but it's not that uncommon for me. STS Meso 3 upper body discs are long and I couldn't get them done before work so I would some of those in the evenings. The weekends are when most of the double w/o's are done. I like to get in a cardio and wt w/o if possible.

Wendy-I'll keep up with you on FB. Life gets busy sometimes and you just have to go with it.

Tina-Until you mentioned it...and did it...I never considered doing STS in a pyramid fashion. New furniture, what fun!!! My car broker found a Rogue for me. I'll find out more today, may be getting it sooner than previously thought.

Hi Laura & Jacque...TGIF!!!

Hi all. No workout for me today either. I volunteered for a 12 hour shift at work and ran around enough there. One suggestion for a Thanksgiving challenge is that everybody do a bootcamp workout. I always feel I've hit everything when I do Cathe's Intensity Bootcamp. Any other ideas? A 10K would be fun if we had one here. Diana you are lucky you get to do that! My Dad has a Rogue and really likes it. I never heard of a car broker. Where do you live?

Beth

Hi ladies,

I ended up leaving work early yesterday and am still pretty miserable. I signed up for a 5k today but that is not going to happen. If I up for anything, it will be the last STS disc.

Beth-Another bootcamp fan here. Intensity bootcamp sounds good to me! I've been doing more circuits lately and have been getting the best results from the BodyRock 30 day challenge. I still throw those in to whatever rotation I decide to do. I guess she's called a buyer, not a broker. My Credit Union offers the car buying service. You tell them what vehicles you are interested in and they have them delivered to the credit union where I can test drive and purchase if I want. I don't have to go to the dealership, do any negotiating, and she gets the best price. I'm in Colorado.

Happy Saturday!

Quick update:
Monday: rest
Tuesday: CF premix less impact 50some min
Wednesday: LIS TurboBarre 30 min of premix lower body express
Thursday: X10 premix X54 Step, low impact and fat burning circuit
Friday: rest (no time)
Today: rest (no time)

Hopefully I'll get something in tomorrow. I was reading after I posted and glad I gave everyone a chuckle with my Leopardess! :) But then things got busy and I haven't read as much. I also love Phil Collins, Madonna, Van Halen The Beach Boys and much top 40 in the 80s! I loved most of the "hair bands" Winger, White Lion, Slaughter, etc. But then grunge hit and I wasn't a fan. Sugar Ray, Third Eye Blind and The Goo Goo Dolls were the only new bands I liked. Now I like some not so country Taylor Swift, Maroon 5, Bastille and I love the Nico and someone song "Am I Real". But I've also been really into TobyMac and Newsboys a lot lately too!

OK, food stuff: I'm going to take the next 21 days (25th high school anniversary) and really buckle down on my eating. I'm doing Turbo Fire Inferno 5 days starting Monday and doing the 21 day fix containers with no cheats tomorrow and after the 5 days. I would like to invest in a protein shake. Recommendations that won't break the budget or be nasty? I didn't like Garden of Life's brand, Terrawhey is tolerable, but I don't love it. I tried Shakeology and gagged the first time and the other half of the sample packet was eh. Do you all use any? I have 12-15 to lose, can I do that in 3 weeks safely, probably not....

OT: my 13 yr JTrain created this song and put it on YouTube! Please check it out !!

Hi Ladies,

Is it Sunday already...UGH. I had a rough night last night. I couldn't sleep and the sinus pain/pressure was really bad. I woke up to the same this morning. After being upright for a few hours and full of decongestants, I decided to work out. I did Butts and Guts and BR day 5 (ab circuit). I had scheduled a massage to work on my neck/shoulder issue, but the therapist had to cancel. Oh well, things happen. I did go enjoy a nice relaxing pedicure.

Although I'm a little off schedule for the Nov '13 rotation, I'm sort of following that. The rotation called for CLB, I did Butts and Guts instead since it's longer and I wouldn't have time for this disc on a workday. The UB will probably be Meso 2. I want to keep my muscle and work on losing more fat. The Holiday Meltdown class starts tomorrow.

On the new car front-they should have my vehicle ready for me tomorrow! I'm super excited!!! Just in time for the snow to fly on Tuesday.

LL-we have similar taste in music. You had a great w/o week!! I think losing that much weight in that short of time is asking a lot of yourself. Plus you would probably lose valuable muscle. What finally worked for me was being committed to WW. I'm not following WW right now, but am working with a coach who helps a lot with nutrition. Learning how to feed my body and not my emotions is truly difficult. I'm a stress eater which makes matters worse and I eat when I'm not hungry. By the way, I enjoyed listening to your sons music. My middle son records music and plays it at clubs.

bbl

Last edited:
Good Monday Morning everyone! I had a Slow and Heavy weekend-Ti's and Bi's on Saturday and Legs and Shoulders Sunday. I didn't do any formal cardio-cleaned and walked casually. Today I'm planning on PR Step 2-Love that workout!

LadyLep-I believe your son's music could work in a HiiT workout. Something to look into. 25th reunion! Best of luck on your weight loss goal. For me if I eat a lot of salads for lunch and dinner and don't snack I can lose a pound or two in a week.

Diana-glad to hear you got the vehicle! We're taking one in today for inspection-and already know it needs shock and muffler parts. Sorry to hear about the sinus problems. Have you tried some warm compresses and baths?

I think I'm going to do another week of Slow and Heavy for weights. What do you all have planned?

Beth

I was planning on Imax 2 but watched Once Upon A Time with my 13 yo and then didn't want to start that serious of a wo at 9:45!

I don't know what I want to do this week. I am eating the turbo fire 5 day inferno and so today was supposed to be 55 min cardio with a 10 min stretch and I chose Imax 2but then never got to it! I'm not sure if I will try that tomorrow or half of it or if I want to go heavy wts from Xtrain... I feel like I should alternate between cardio/HiiT kind of stuff and then do wts. But I did nothing on Friday or Saturday and all I could do was yogamax 39 min and today is gone. So what to do??? I tend to decide w/in a few hours of my workout these days. I can't begin to stick to a rotation. But maybe I will when the new ones come out!

Hey there ladies !

Last week didn't work too well for me with workouts. Felt a cold coming on and when that happens it is lots of rest, warm clothing, not workouts and homemade chicken noodle soup (this time it was brown rice and quinoa instead of noodles . . . ). That lasted Tues thru Thurs and by Friday I was not ready to start. Alas came the weekend and running around so TODAY I finally did LIS UB tri sets. Woo Hoo !

Angela - I am one for the shorter workouts . . . sounds like you are getting some good ones in.

Jody - nice to hear things are going well for you. Can't wait to hear how you like the new workouts . . . do tell . . . did you buy the set? I didn't pay much attention to the clothing or music brands/bands. Sometimes they post the clothing brands for the new workouts but don't remember where. Found the post: http://cathe.com/forum/threads/clothing-in-new-videos.297479/#post-2259197

Beth - I will be up for a TDay challenge depending on what we end up doing and what I will have to make foodwise. Sometimes I end up in the kitchen most of the morning. :eek:

Diana - I totally understand the sinus pressure headaches. They hurt and make it hard to workout, especially in the AM! Sorry to hear and hope it subsides for you soon. I use the warm compresses and decongestants. It helps a little but usually takes me a few days to feel better also. Woo Hoo - you are getting your car ! Yippee - you deserve it!;)

Laura - yes it has been ugly for me on the headaches lately. Sorry you have been the same. Looks like you had a busy week as you didn't make it here either? Hope this week will be a better one for you.

LL - I used to be a concert goer but more to see bands from the 70's & 80's. Haven't been for a couple of year though. Looks like you got some good workouts in last week.

Tina - love the "move washer/dryer" workout ! :rolleyes: Every little bit helps . . . not that you don't get loads of exercise with your workouts anyway.

Wendy - bummed you'll be on hiatus for a while but totally understand we only have so much time in the day . . . Hopefully it means your business it taking off! :D

Until tomorrow . . .

Last edited:
Today was Imax 3, yesterday was M1D7 and STS abs and the weekend was 80 miles on the bike. I may take a short bike ride tonight.

Diana, I hope you're feeling better today. Congrats on buying a new vehicle. That should make your long commute feel better. Does it have sync for your iPod and phone?

LL, I really enjoy the upload of your DS music. He's very talented! :)

BBL to check in on everyone. :)

Hi Ladies,

I'm so over this darn cold, it's really dragging me down. I feel better around 9-10am after being upright for a bit and giving the decongestants time to kick in. Yesterday I stayed home from work. It was a good thing I did as the broker called with a vehicle for me.....and delivered it to my door!! It is super nice, fully loaded with leather, navigation, 360 view camera, safety features like lane departure warning/blind spot detection etc. It sync with my phone and I can voice dial/voice text from my vehicle etc. I'm sure I'll learn more as I use it.

Yesterday I managed STS Disc 13-CSB and Lowmax. No workout to report for this morning. Mornings have been rough with all this congestion. It's been about 7 days so it should run it's course in a few more days.

Beth-Don't you feel so strong doing S&H! Oldie but goodie for sure. I'm loosely following the Nov '13 Butts & Guts rotation. Using STS for the UB w/o's, BR or Cathe for the cardio, and sticking to the original rotation for the lower body work. We'll see how it goes.

LL-just do the best you can with your w/o's. Pretty much for me, if I don't do it before work it simply isn't going to happen. It was the only time I could dedicate to my w/o's where I knew there wouldn't be any interruptions when my kiddos were little. Don't put so much stress on yourself. Work out when you can and follow your nutrition plan. I've been learning more and more about how nutrition plays a much larger part on our fitness then I knew.

Jacque-this cold is really getting me down, preventing my w/o's etc. Hope we are both feeling better soon!

Tina-your bike rides amaze me!!! I haven't even been on my bike since my DH put my new bike computer and cadence sensor on. Now we have snow and 20 degree temps. Nice job with Imax 3 and STS! Yep, my new vehicle will synch with my ipod. For right now though, I'm going to get the most out of my free trial subscription of Sirius XM radio!

Hi to Laura and Wendy...in case you pop in.

Good afternoon ladies,

This AM was STS Disc 29 - Plyo Legs but only about half of it. I was winded and also need to leave work early so cut it short. Still felt great! We will see if I have a chance to finish it up later.

Diana - so I'm not sure which you got? Guessing the Rogue? So happy for your new purchase - new cars are the best, especially when you have a commute! Someday I hope to have your energy again - 2 workouts in one day? Way to go ! Stay warm to get rid of that cold . . .

Tina - you also with your long workouts. Hope you have a chance to get a ride in tonight. It is dark before I leave the office lately. :(

Hi to everyone else - hope today is a good one !

Hi Ladies,

No workout again this morning. On the up side I am starting to feel better so this cold must be on its way out. It took me 2 hours to get home last night and 3 hours to get to work this morning. I'm so happy I get to work from home tomorrow. The forecast high for today is 3 and low is -7. It's pretty cold but there's only a couple inches of snow.

Jacque-yep I got the 2015 Rogue SL! It's very nice, nicest vehicle I've ever had.

bbl

Good evening ladies,

Today was Slide & Glide. One of my feet cramps on the top just behind my toes (metatarsals), happens when I do squats yesterday - had to take a break and work it out, then it started happening again this morning so I couldn't go as hard as I wanted. Still a good workout.

Diana - nice on the Rogue . . . what color did you get? Bummer about the long commutes lately and UGH on the cold weather. Guess it was good that you and Lisa made it to FL a month ago for a nice last ditch warm weather vaca . . . we are a little cool past couple of days but still in the 70's for day time and only down to mid 50's at night. Tolerable. Rain on the way tomorrow and maybe Friday but we need it! I am ready for winter clothing . . . hopefully it will be here soon. Your temps are a little chilly for me though. :p

Hope everyone is doing well . . . happy Friday Eve.

Quick check in: I did Intensity premix step only and boy was it hard! Purple face and all!! I don't like working out at 9 though, it pushes everyone later, I still had to make lunches and prep for my class tomorrow!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Morning all! Glad to hear you're starting to feel better, Diana. And now that I see how long your commute is having a new vehicle and getting to work from home some is fantastic! It seems like everyone is getting colder weather all of a sudden. It's suppose to hit here in PA soon. I'm scheduled to do Slow and Heavy Bi's and Tri's today and then walk the 10K this afternoon. Monday was Chest and Back and Tuesday was a rest day. As much as I hate taking rest days I feel so much better today! Have a great day!

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.