Damage Control in September!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
*Barbell bent over row and Barbell squat (10 reps each x 2 rounds)
*Perfect push up-body saw and Squat Press (10 reps each x 2 rounds)
***Then Repeat One More time

*SB bridge 15 s hold and Renegade row 5R/5L (x2 rounds)...
*Squat curl and Stability ball forward roll in push up position (10 reps x 2 rounds)
***Then Repeat One More Time

***8@10/20 of each of the following pairs of exercises....
*Speed Squat with light weight press up & Skaters
*Fast Feet & Hands on/off box
*Front Kick/Rear Lunge Combo & One Arm Swings
*Lateral Plank Walks & Burpees

The following circuit done 3x through...:D

Split Stance Squat R x10
Split Stance Deadlift R x10
Split Stance Squat L x10...
Split Stance Deadlift L x10
Mountain Climber Push Up x10
Floor Bridge 30 s hold
Split Stance Supported One Arm Bent Over Row R x10
One Arm Push Up Position 15 s hold R
Split Stance Supported One Arm Bent Over Row L x10
One Arm Push Up Position 15 s hold L

Hi Ladies,

Well I had a very busy Holiday weekend. Cody and Amanda surprised me big time on Friday night. I was out grocery shopping for MIL's surprise party on the 31st and when I got home....Amanda and the girls were here!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D What a wonderful birthday surprise I had.

Saturday we had a huge surprise party for my MIL's 75th birthday! There were about 70 people and she was definitely surprised since her birthday isn't until September 10th. The girls were a wonderful surprise for her too!! We were busy all day Saturday with the party and then DH and spent a couple hours at my nephews house since we used his clubhouse. It was so nice to see him, his wife and the kiddos!!

Sunday...Birthday...Amanda and I went for a 6 mile run...it was so nice to run (and visit) with her again. She took boot camp class and ran with me when she was here. I miss her so much. The girlies and I made birthday chocolate chip cookies...and then we took the whole clan out to dinner.

Amanda & the girls had to fly back home on Monday morning, but we had a wonderful time. I've also booked my trip to go see them over Halloween!!!

Workouts....yes...I'm keeping up with my running schedule and doing weights...hitting all body parts at least once per week. Yesterday was Xtrain CSB & Core #1, today was a 4 mile run and Xtrain Bi's & Tri's & Core #2. Tomorrow will be Cardio Leg Blast.

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!! It was truly wonderful!

Wendy-you are doing some awesome workouts!

I'll have to back to last month to see what everyone has been up to. I called in sick today...needed an extra day off to get the stuff done that I planned on doing...but didn't since Amanda & the girls were here.

bbl

20 @ 15/25 of:
Modified Pull Ups
Bear Crawls
Push Ups on Bosu alternating hands or feet elevated each round
Burpees

WED

DI - sorry I missed your birthday --- HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY --- sounds like it was more than AWESOME .. what a great surprise .. having the girls for your b-day!! wow .. that was awesome!!

I had a wonderful long weekend - finally got my relaxing weekend in the sun by the pool - NO RAIN :eek: :eek: :cool::cool::cool: AWESOME .. DH was working so it was just me . . and it was just what the dr ordered!!! I got some COMBAT workouts in - YOWZA can tell I have been missing those .. yikes!!! MON I did NOTHING but a SUPER DUPER CLEANING on the house .. and man it needed it bad!!! and now it feels awesome! Brutus has taken a toll on my house :confused: :mad: :confused: but he is worth it - We had a breakthru in his training ystdy :eek: :D:D:D:D CONSISTANCY is the key .. and the problem is DH .. he is the DIVERSION and the breakdown of the consistancy :mad::mad::mad:

Yesterday was terrible at work - we were SLAMMED .. wow .. nonstop all day long.. I had to work late to get balanced .. was FRAZZLED .. didnt get my workout in either .. but that is ok .. got a slight one w/Brutus .. today I am in another office and can play catch up ..

Wendy - awesome workouts - AS USUAL!!!

Hello to long long Lori ...

OK .. better run .. have a great one!

Hey Ladies. :)

So my race is Saturday! I can't believe it! I'm askeered! It's twice the distance (if not a bit longer even!) then the first one I did! I must be crazy!!!!!!!!! :eek: Too late now to back out though so I went out shopping for supplies last night. Shopping always makes me feel better! :p LOL So I bought sports beans, some other kind of energy chews, a soft water bottle that clips to my belt loop and knee pads. I'm all geared up and ready to go. Now let's just hope I make it out of the woods in one piece!:confused::rolleyes:

Diana:: So glad you had a wonderful Birthday and what a fantastic surprise you got! :) That'll be fun to see the girls on Halloween and go trick or treating with them. Do you they know what they want to dress up as yet? Thanks re my work outs. I have some crazy doms in my hamstrings from y'day's work out! :eek:

Laura:: So I guess DH is spoiling Brutus and undoing your training, huh? That would be me. I would so spoil the pup while DH was trying to teach it. :p As I recall, I wasn't much help in that dept back when our dog was a wee one. :rolleyes::eek:

20 @ 15/30::
Hand to Hand Swings
Body Saw
Skaters
Alt Hand Slide Reach...
Burpees
Side Plank Hold L
Bear Crawls
Side Plank Hold R
High Knees
One Arm Push Up Position Hold L
Suicides
Mountain Climber Saw
Speed Squat with Press Ups
Plank Hold
Speed Squat w/Med Ball
One Arm Push Up Position Hold R
Line Taps
Med Ball Roll in Push Up Position R
Double Arm Swing
Med Ball Roll in Push Up Position L

THURS

Morning Ladies -

wow what a busy day ystdy was - it is usually NOT busy in that office but I guess the first of the month people were still pouring in!!! :mad: I was looking forward to catching up some work n destressing .. didnt happen!! but I did get a workout in at lunch - JNL - ballistic backside :confused: what was I thinking .. I was a sweaty MESS .. :eek: .. and after work I did T25 beta core - DOMS report: BUTT - CORE - HAMMIES .. yup they did their jobs!! Went home and walked Brutus .. he went further than he had in a while .. guess the rubber mat he ate is no longer a problem!! :confused: :)

Wendy - AWESOME workout!! and yes DH is UNDOING all my hard work at training my baby - :mad: - I told him Brutus is a good dog when he is not around but when he is home .. he is a MANIAC!!! this morning was NUTZ :confused::confused::confused: *sigh* ... GOOD LUCK ON YOUR RACE - you will of course ROCK IT!!

Di -are you back at work???? I need another day off for my sanity!! LOLOL

OK .. better run - have errands at lunch today - not sure what is on tap for tonight ... have a great one!

Hi ladies,

September bootcamp class started last night....tons of running..my knees are sore this morning. Oh, and I was down 2.4lbs at my weigh in this week.:D That was a surprise with all the food and festivities last weekend.

Yesterday was a crappy day at work. I happened upon some information that a fairly new employee (less than 2 years) who started out close to my salary, well she has received 3 promotions in that time and makes 40K more per year than I do. There is so much favoritism in my department. Nothing for someone who has been there for 23 years, comes in every day and does a good job. I haven't had a promotion in 12 years. I'm pre-new VP...he's been here now about 8 years and has hired many people from his previous employers. The people he's brought in are the ones that get promotions.

Wendy-you will rock this race. It's an obstacle course, right??? Don't forget to have fun too!

Laura-I ended up taking an extra day off to do all the things I wanted to do over the weekend, but didn't get to with my visitors. A nice clean house sounds wonderful. My kiddo's have weekly chores but don't do as good of a job as I do. For the most part I don't mind and just live with it. I'll have the job all to myself soon enough when they all move out.

Lori-how was your long weekend? Did you do anything fun???

bbl

TGIF

Morning Ladies ..

checkin in before the day goes crazy! this week has been super busy!!! Ystdy: T25 beta rppd circuit - I LOVE that workout! then went home and walked Brutus - on the long route - he did excllent! MAN it was a HOT one ..and mosquitos OMG .. they are HORRIBLE .. even w/my bug spray..terrible! didnt get to do training b/c it was too late!! :( My uncle's b-day was ystdy - so I had to stop by there before heading home .. soooo i ran out of time!!

DI - I FEEL YOUR PAIN - I have been w/this company almost 24 years .. and they will hire a new hire that knows nothing and has to ask a million quiestions and i have to help and they are hired making almost as much as I am .. IT IS INFURATING .. and then they wonder why us "seasoned" employees get so down and unenchanted .. (putting it nicely) .. dont even get me started on the temps they hire and what they make compared to me .. INFURITATING and sooo not fair ..but it is the way things go .. and nothing can be done .. should be happy i have a job etc .. :( :mad: :( OH WELL .. I have got to start back my running .. but it is sooo freaking hot and the bugs are too bad right now!!

Wendy - GOOD LUCK ... go WHOOP SOME ARSE!!!!! woot woot!!!

Hello to Lori!!

OK .. better run ... have a great one!!! we are to have a dry weekend for one .. wooohoooooo!!!!!

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did BS CSB and abs. This morning was To The Max Extreme...goodness was I every a sweaty mess after that.

Of course I showered before heading to Jerod's 1pm football game. Not sure that it did much good with the 95+ degrees it was outside. I could feel the sweat dripping down my back..UGH. We played our hometown rivals and won 27-23!!!:D Unfortunately, my kiddo didn't see any playing time today.:mad::mad: It's frustrating, but as a high school athlete parent I know this will sometimes happen...but I don't like it.

Wendy-Hope you had a great day and rocked the obstacle course!! Can't wait to hear how it went.

Laura-It's very hard to stay motivated for sure. I'm going to start looking again closer to the end of the year. We get a bonus in Feb, but you have to be an employee through Dec. 31st. I have several bites from bootcamp class. I hear yah on being too hot to run...my running is done before work otherwise it is too hot for me.

Hi Lori...

bbl

Hey Ladies!:)

So I attempted to post this morning but my pc went screwy and I lost it after having typed quite a bit. :mad::rolleyes:

So SORE is my FIRST name today!:eek: My hips are at the top of the list of things that hurt. OMG. I am waddling...not walking!!!!!!!!!!! The tops of my big toes even hurt!!!:eek:

The race was 8 miles (as it was originally intended to be), instead of the 11 miles it was last year. It was super tough. Took for us 4:15 to finish. Me and the two other girls from the studio stuck together. My boss took off and finished in 2:45. :eek: The one girl that I was with could have been right up there with him though! She did this race last year and BEAT him! 11 miles in 3:45. He did it last year in 4:05! I probably could have come in closer to a solid 4 y'day if left on my own. The other gal was a bit slower and we spent a decent amount of time waiting for her to catch up when we hit an obstacle. Aside from some pain - intermittent leg/foot cramps and a knee that felt like it was going to implode on the down hills towards the end - I really enjoyed the race and intend to sign up for it next year!:D

That's all for now. Off to watch some "Big Bang Theory" episodes with DH now!:cool:

Hi Girls:)

How is everyone?? Busy, busy!!!

Everything is good here. Not a whole lot as changed. The kids are back in school and we are settling into a routine. My half marathon went good. I finished in 1:43, and I did quite well in gender place and age group. I think there was 1070 women and I was the 40th women. I can't remember my age group though. I was happy! We had a awesome weekend.

My in laws have been here and gone again. It was a nice visit. 2 weeks almost felt to short. I don't think they can handle my boys like they use to. They are out of the loop now. They are use to being around 2 well behaved half grown girls while I have to crazy boys.

My babysitter found a new job. I'm starting to realize that her bf isn't the nut case over there....it's her. Good sitter but she has no clue what she is doing in this "life". Luckily enough I mentioned it to one of my friends and she offered to take him. She watched him for a couple of weeks when I was between sitters. That worked out quite well.

So far this year we have met with the occupational therapist at rylans school and we have a meeting with his teacher this week. We are thinking that he may have some sensory disorders. She explained it very well. He does things in school that he doesn't do at home and if he's stressed, then it explains why.

The girls and I hit the gym one day last week, it was ok. I would rather use my cathe DVDs! Now they are chatting about classes :rolleyes:. I dunno about that ! I may try it but I have a feeling that my at home workouts are tougher. I could go and show them uo:eek::eek: lol

Diana** what a wonderful surprise!!! You must have been over the moon! I would be so ticked about the promo issue. Did you talk to anyone about it!? I'm interesting in finding out how much some of my coworkers make, ESP the ones that came after me. I will eventually ask.

Wendy** I'd love to do a race like that. Sounds fun and exhausting! I'm not one to stick with ppl though. I take off and do my own thing! Haha!

Laura** I like having some evenings alone too....4 is a bit much though, which is what I'm on now. Your puppy is getting so big and he's so handsome!!!!

Ok!!! This week is gonna be crazy at work because its month end and I have a scency party tomorrow night (candles and stuff) but I will try to check in a couple times this week!

Lori:)

Hi Ladies,

My quads are so sore and have been since bootcamp class. We did a lot of sprints, walking lunges, skipping, pushups etc.

Yesterday my running schedule called for a 5K race. I ran the 3.1 miles in the middle of the day. It was way too hot for this girlie but I got it done. Then I followed it up with Lower Body Blast. This morning will be upper body weights and abs, tonight is bootcamp class.

Lori-you did check in.:p Wow, you did great in the HM!! Boys are just busy, I know all about that. Sounds like the OT at Rylan's school is pretty good. My training partner doesn't think home workouts can be as hard as what they have at the gym. I've tried to get her to do some of my Cathe w/o's but she would rather go to the gym....they have no idea what they are missing.

Wendy-the Spartan race sounds like a ton of fun. We have them here too. I think my obstacle course race was only 3-5 miles. It was the mud that made it so difficult.

Laura-you have been super busy lately. So you are the disciplinarian and DH is the softy.:p Brutus is getting so big. Hope you got to enjoy your pool over the weekend.

Our temps are supposed to be in the 70's, 20 degrees cooler than last week. I'll take it!

bbl

MON - ugh

Morning Ladies - checking in quickly - this week is going to be another wild one - we have one girl going out on surgery - which means we have to cover - and she is in another office .. ugh .. that means me n the boss will be taking turns in that office!! No exercise to report over the weekend - had another nagging eye migraine!! :(:( :mad::mad::mad: I still have it but it is a bit better today!! I HAVE GOT TO WORKOUT today geesh!!

Lori - hello stranger!!! congrats on the half marry .. that is awesome work!! LOL - I say go try the classes and show those girlies up!! :p:p Good luck w/the meeting for Rylan!! cant believe he is getting so big!!!

Di - it is SO HOT here too - I dont think i could run at all in this heat tho! I did get out by the pool ystdy afternoon and got some sun ... it was relaxing!!

Wendy - CONGRATS on the race - sounds TUFF! I want some pictures missy!!!

OK .. better run .. we are busy .. have a great one!

TUE

Morning Ladies -

Ystdy: I did JNL lower body fusion at lunch - then I did T25 Beta Upper body after work - YOWZA .. LOVE that workout - that was my first time doing it!! FUN and WOW .. great workout - cardio - upper body and core!! I have the good DOMS .. the kind where you know you worked out but NO PAIN!! I am LOVING the T25 series .. it is spoiling me big time!!! I went home and exercised Brutus - man it was steamy hot .. drizzly rain and bad thunder .. he did NOT like it at all - then we did his training session -his training is going well! :D

Getting hair cut and color at lunch - think I am gonna do low n high lites this time .. WOOT WOOT .. n man my hair needs cutting BAD!!! too long!

Ok .. think I am up on personals .. hope everyone is ok!! will BBL to see what everyone is up to . have a great one!

Well despite my good intentions (and actually being able to walk when I got out of bed w/o almost falling over!:p), I did not work out this morning. :( You see, in addition to being extremely sore, I was also blessed with a cold the morning after the race. :rolleyes: I took Nyquil (expired - I thought it was all we had!) last night before bed and although it made me more tired it did nothing for my congestion so I was having a hard time sleeping. I got up about an hour later and went searching though the medicine cabinet desperately and found a different medicine (NOT expired!), so I took half of a dose. It knocked me on my azz and eventually I was able to breathe so I was finally able to pass out but it was too late - I woke up this morning feeling drunk/comatose and still do.... :confused:

Tmrw evening DH and I are supposed to head to the gym for the first time in months so I may or may not work out at home in the morning....ok, FINE! I probably will! :p

BBL for personals.:cool:

Last minute workout to relieve a case of the guilts for not getting it done this morning!

5 push ups, 5 rows, 5 squats, 5 military presses x 8 rounds.

5 sliding rear lunges R, 5 sliding rear lunges L x 6 rounds.

5 sb forward roll in push up position, 15 sec sb bridge, forward roll in plank, sb bridge x 4 rounds.

Hi Girls

I have the app on my phone so lets try it this way.

Work week isn't to bad so far. I feel like I'm on top of my work load pretty much. Lets see what tomorrow brings!

Today's workout was abs and a 40 mins run outside this morning with the dog. I wanted to run but it was still dark. I out TTM in and the dog was sitting in the mat glaring at me so I shut it off and we went outside. I'd like to do a leg workout tonight but dh and I will probably just veg. He worked four nights in a row and I had a thing to go to last night. Maybe if dd comes home in time we will go for a walk or something.

Diana** and I am thinking the opposite as your friend...I'm thinking gym workouts aren't hard enough! Lol. The girls I go with want to go to classes now. That's fine for them. I have enough tough DVDs to keep me happy, with more coming soon :).

Laura** did you get more then four DVDs with t25? What a rip off that was!? I like them jut the same. I've thought about buying the other set but I need to pay off my shopping trip and I'm looking forward to cathes new workouts too. One of the girls in my office is leaving...which means our work load is probably going to increase! Ugh!

Wendy** hope you feel better soon!!!! Maybe tomorrow you'll be back to feeling like #1.

If I don't do a leg workout tonight, I will def be doing a run/ leg circuit tomorrow morning!

Lori:)

Hi ladies,

Our temps have dropped into the 60's/70's and rain. I did almost a 5 mile run this morning and abs. My left knee is hurting again...running stairs in bootcamp is not helping. I'm following my PT for my knee and have been but...I still have pain.:mad:

Tomorrow will be either a 2 mile run (per rotation) or HIIT and Chest/Triceps.

Lori-You are speedy fast.:D My fastest HM was 2:10 and that was many years ago in my running days. I love my home w/o's and think I get better workout with them than the gym. I also don't feel I need the camaraderie from going to the gym. I'm more than happy to workout on my own and not have to talk or deal with others! The T25 Alpha & Beta are 10 discs, 5 alpha discs (Month 1) and 5 beta discs (Month 2). Gamma is the 3rd month and contains weights. The set I purchased is the Alpha & Beta. I'm kind of wishing I ordered Gamma as I would probably love those...but it wasn't in my budget.

Wendy-hopefully your exercise today will help work out some of the soreness and stiffness. My knee hurts and legs are sore. Do you have any suggestions besides ice/ibuprofen? I've read that I shouldn't take too much ibuprofen and only use it when I'm in pain, not just sore from exercise.

Laura-how did your hair turn out???

bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.