Damage Control... HuMp DaY!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Up bright and early to get my workout done. Its getting lighter in the mornings now. I woke up @ 6:27 and thought I had slept in b/c it was day light outside!:) It makes getting up alot easier when its not dark out.

We had a good walk yesterday. We only went for 40 mins or so and I think her dog is crazier then my dog and my child put together. Her dog is only young and scared of everything. Whenever I snowmobile would come we would call them back and hold on to them as they passed. But her dog was afraid so instead of coming back, she would try and outrun them:eek: Then when we were heading back the samething happened but this time it was getting closer to traffic. A dog like that would stress me out. I nearly died when I seen the dog had boots on! Pink collar and pink leash! She said that she tried to order a wet suit for the dog b/c her fur gets matted with the snow!! Oh my.....

So I think todays workout will be a circuit with the TM. Not sure what one yet but it will be less weights and more running b/c I already did a full body on Mon. Im thinking BC...or maybe I may pick something with just shoul,tri and bics in it.

Im sure you guys seen on my FB that someone punk egged my house? Dirty buggers! I didn't even notice until DH pointed it out to be. It may have been someone who knows DD. Maybe they are mad b/c she is grounded...maybe it was just a random....or maybe it was someone DD pissed off. Teens wouldn't be mad at us. Anyway...talk about hard to get off!:mad: AND they cracked my siding!! Its a good thing I didn't see them b/c they would have been the ones getting cracked!

Wendy** Did you decide on STS after? I never lifted real heavy with the legs b/c I don't have a squat rack and there is only so much I can lift over my head.

Diana** Nice buys yesterday! I keep looking online for some jeans but whenever I go to check out, its to pricy so I just shut it all down! LOL I had 4 things in my cart from VS that were $148, when i went to check out it was $220. Thats how much the shipping and duty were...no thanks. I think I will just keep checking our local store for new guess jeans. I did manage to order some boots last night. Thats it now...have to calm down on the spending.

I will bbl to report my workout!

Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies.

Well, I got my hair touched up last night and she didn't charge me a dime. Wouldn't even let me tip her! It seems to be better but I will find out for sure today after I do it. I'll keep you posted! :)

No work out for me today. I got to sleep until 5:15. Yee haw! LOL Tmrw I start week 3 of BBL. :D

Lori:: The kids cracked your siding? That stinks! Can you put a claim in with your insurance company to get it fixed?? I caved and emailed DH the STS info. I like lifting heavy with u/b but hate it with legs b/c it gives me results I don't like but I will figure out an alternate way to work legs during that mesocycle if/when I get it and decide to do it.

Diana:: So let me get this straight....she mixes heavy l/b weight work with plyo in the leg work in meso three? Is that what it is?? I hear ya on the jeans things. Very hard piece of clothing to buy for a lot of people! I have several pairs but only a select few that I really like. As for CCC, it is an incredibly tough work out! Tougher then the HiiT's IMO and most likely b/c it is longer. Even the few half-circuits I did y'day kicked my butt! :eek:

Laura:: I got my hi lite/low lites done for the 2nd time on saturday and was disappointed with the outcome. Seemed as though there was plenty on the crown of my head and underneath but next to nothing on the sides and in the back. After much stalling I called the salon to "complain" and they brought me in last night for a re-do. I am not a complainer but I paid a lot of $$$. Being disappointed was not a good thing, you know? If you like what endurance training does for your lower body then I would say get BBL. I swear I am seeing results after just 2 weeks!

Jacque:: Hey where you at girl?

Jen:: We know you don't come around much anymore coz you don't like us no more. *pout sob sniff* :p;):D Just kidding!

BBL girls!

Hi Girls!

Quick check in. Boss is gone but Im not sure for how long, he even brought his lunch today:mad:

My workout was 4.5 miles on the TM and weight seg of HSC, I mostly did UB though and not much LB.

Wendy** Glad to hear you got your hair fixed. IMO they shouldn't charge you again. My friend had her hair done a while ago and when she came to my house she was in tears. She went back to get it fixed and she charged her again! Enjoy your rest day!

I will BBL!

Morning Ladies,

No baseball practice or basketball games to attend last night so I was able to do laundry...woohoo!! I just do not understand how I could have 4 loads of laundry on Tuesday if all the laundry was done on Sunday.:confused:

This morning is legs and I'll add on a few glute specific exercises at the end. I'm also thinking of going to the rec ctr at lunch for some cardio. For some reason I'm feeling energetic this morning.

My arms are definitely changing for the better with this mesocycle...probably from doubling up on the w/o's.

Lori-I saw your house was egged, hate when that happens. Someone in our neighborhood has a paintball gun and they've hit our garage doors several times. It may be a young punk that lives down the street, but I really have no idea. Wow, that's a lot of money for shipping and duty. Nice workout too!

Wendy-I sent you a pm. Meso 3 is heavy upper body lifting (6-8 reps) but the leg workouts are all plyo...12 reps of front lunges, 30-45 secs of air jacks or or other plyo moves. There are separate discs for the heavy leg training for those who have a squat rack. Wendy takes a rest day....those are pretty rare! Glad you are enjoying your rotation. I'm just starting to add Insanity and was surprised that it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. Hope you like your hair this morning.

bbl

Yeehaw - it's HUMP DAY!

Good morning ladies !

Fly by for me this AM. Heading off to a seminar and will be a quick lunch. May get back here tonight.

Y'day was tired after work and got really moody all of a sudden. Me thinks part of the "womanhood" has stopped but most likely not all of it ! :p No workout again - and then I slept all of about 2 hours last night ! UGH ! Somehow I need to get back on schedule.

Will try to catch up tonight AFTER a workout ! ;)

Cheers for a great day - I'll be driving and it is sunny outside ! :cool:

UGH

Morning Ladies -

DH and I had a fight last night .. we RARELY fight .. and when we do it is a pretty "heated" one :mad: :( really stupid (which most of our fights are) .. anyways .. he was being inconsiderate - I was feeling neglected - and he being a MAN doesnt "get it" .. will NEVER get it .. and even though NOTHING was settled .. I am gonna try to DROP it .. (which is hard for me to do) .. I tend to be a mean smarta$$ when I am PI$$ED :confused:(imagine that).. UGH :(

Wendy - you will love STS .. and dont worry you dont have to go heavy on the legs .. I didnt do that heavy squat rack disc ... and the leg exercises are really what I do in my class .. and the only heavy weights I did were the exercises w/the barbell .. and then it wasnt bad!! STS is by FAR the best investment I have ever made!!! I hate when I am dissapointed w/my hair .. that is why I put up w/the "no attention to time" that my hairdresser has .. b/c she is just EXCELLENT .. and I have always been satisfied (nock on wood) ... do let us know how it does today!

Lori .. OMG.. I would be PI$$ED if someone egged my house and pinged the siding .. :mad: .. DH would have bounty police out for their heads!! maybe insurance will pay for it??? I was ROTFL at the doggie story .. PINK BOOTS????? :eek: :p :p yes could see it now .. LOL .. well at least it made you feel better about your kiddo and YOUR doggie's behavior .. they prbly looked angelic huh? .. :p .. I am still cracking up about the card w/the bite marks .. LOL .. THAT is funny!!!:p

Di .. I am jealous about the arm comment .. we have put off getting back to UB weights for so long .. my arms have lost a LOT of definition and strength .. UGH

Jacque - something must have been in the air ysty.. on the moodyness thing .. I hate it when I KNOW I am being moody and BI##y and yet I still continue to do it .. ugh .. it is maddening!!! here's to a better day today (I hope)

Hello Jen ..

So last night's class was SO SMALL .. dont know if it was the weather .. or what .. butit was the smallest class I have had in a while ... Today SIL says she wants to try to start back on P90X .. she is still sick .. stuffed up .. sniffling - coughing - UGH - I had better not catch whatever it is she has .. :( .. so we are gonna try it ... then she has class tonight .. I may teach for her since DH and I arent really happy with one another .. or I may need to go home and "make nice" :mad: I dont know .. gonna see if he calls me today and how that goes before I make that decision .. OK .. gotta jet .. heres to hoping today is better than yesterday~!:D

So I just got Jen on the bandwagon to do STS with me. We will do 1RM's (oh how I dread them!:eek:) in May and start the rotation in June. Anyone else wanna join us? :D

Wendy ..

we just started P90X today at lunch .. so by June we will be ready for a change ... you know my exercise ADD anyways .. sooooooooo me and SIL may be up to your challenge!!! :D

I can tell I have been WHIMPY on my arms big time .. was thinking P90X was shorter than STS .. but it istn .. we gonna have to FF to get thur during lunch .. (rush the sets) .. we didnt finish whole disc today .. but think we did enough b/c my arms are shaking ... SIL was struggling .. she has lost SOOOOOO much UB muscle and strength .. but hoping this will make her appetite improve and maybe she will crave the good stuff .. like proteins instead of sugars ...

Wendy: She got to doing INSANITY .. went OCD w/it ... then weight started dropping off of her like crazy ...got OCD w/her body image (which was perfect IMO to start with).. we thought it was the Insanity .. well turns out that she is borderline diabetic .. I am thinking this was brought on by the INSANE cardio and her poor diet .. she is sugarholic ... anyway .. she started having spells what she called "eye migraines" .. but IMO she was depleting her sugars thru exercise so was going into a glycemic type state fo shock.. anyway then she got mono and strep and was anemic .. she lost about 25 pound (that she did not have to loose) .. she is not having spells anymore that I know of .. but during this time did not do anything BUT HiiT type workouts and didnt eat right and lost all her upper body muscle .. and some of her lower body muscle ..

She has done STS and P90X with me in past.. but when Insanity came in .. she stopped all weight bearing exercises ..then got sick .. THAT combined with not eating right and her insulin levels being out of whack .. she lost too much weight ....

She REALLY scared me there for a while .. .. but I am hoping she is on right track again now .. she knows she is weak and she knows she needs to build up her muscles again ... so that is a step in the right direction!!!:)

Oh my word, LAURA! What an awful and scarey thing! I hope she is back on the road to recovery! HUGS to everyone involved!!!!

Has anyone been over to the O/F lately? It's ridiculous how absolutely childish a group of grown ups can be! Absolutely sickening. I wish they would just give it a rest already! Thankfully Cathe locked ONE of the threads. Hopefully she will lock ALL OF THEM soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Hey Girls!

I'm just waiting to go back to work:mad: but I really want to crawl into my comfy bed and go to sleep! But that won't be happening for another couple of hours. I was in such a sour mood today and I don't know why. I am thinking it was b/c there were so many people around today and I'm just not use to it. Coworkers were popping in with little chit chat, then I had a medical flight that broke down! So the crew have been there all day. They kinda kept to themselves but when i went back at 7, they had made their way into the tv room, leaving their mess in the other room and hogging the computer that I need to check work emails on! I even got mad at the cab driver that delivered their pizza. I never say anything to anyone but I was ready to face the devil today. Cabby snapped at me and I snapped back! Grrrrr!

Wendy** So your gonna do STS!:D I never did lift heavy in Meso 3 with legs b/c I don't have the rack so I had to lift whatever I could get over my head. I am much like you though and knew my legs would bulk up and I don't want that either.
I went over to the OD forum yesterday when Laura mentioned it. I rarely go over there anymore. If I needed help with something I really had to watch the way I worded things b/c someone would find a loop hole in what I posted and pick on me. Then they would tell ME that I was the one who was being hard to get along with.After having DS I just stick to the checkins for the most part.

Diana** Paintball would have to be the worst as well. I don't even know how I would get that off of my house? Ugh! Kids! I do live in a nice neighbourhood but you wouldn't know it!

Laura** Sorry to hear you and DH had a tiff! Sounds alot like us. We don't fight very often but when we do, look out. And its usually b/c I have had it. I let alot of things go (like him not getting his a** out of bed) and then they build up till I burst! Hope your SIL is back on the right track! Scary stuff!

Jacque** Hope you are getting your workout in tonight!;):)

I hear coughing...I hope he isn't going to wake up! I must get ready to go back to work. I am more tired then I was when i started this!

Well ladies ! ! ! GOOOOOOOD NEWWWWWWWWSSSS ! :p

I just finished Boom Boom and my Boom Boom was feeling it already ! I think I could concentrate a bit more on the muscles and it will be even better next time. I was sweatin' up a storm and had to take a little break (shhhhhhh ! ;)) for a minute near the end. Did remind me of freestyle type of a workout with a little more bootie action though ! Should lean the thighs and strengthen the bootie IMO.

Yee Hawwww !

So my work day was a seminar the first half, a meeting discussing the consolidation of our two sites furthest north and then much discussion with others afterwards. Whew that is over and sounds like I may have a commuter buddy for 3 days a week - the Ops Mgr - perfect as we see eye to eye many times ! She is my "venting partner". Bad is my assistant seems to be thoroughly excited and I thought I may be able to use this as an easy way to phase her out? :confused: Oh well . . . (Hopefully she doesn't follow me here . . . if she does, then she already knows anyway ! :eek:) At least I take care of my personal business on my personal time.

K - done with that and on to . . .

Laura - I knew SIL was not feeling well but had no idea it was that bad ! If she doesn't take care of herself soon can you get your DB to do an intervention ? Could get really scary. AND, if she doesn't gain some weight, should she really be lifting? (Don't know the answer, but gaining muscle seems to take alot out of me and I believe :)rolleyes:) I'm pretty healthy myself ! ) Just worrying from afar . . . I understand OCD and body image. Fortunately I am not extreme . . . yet. We'll see how it goes as the years pile on ! :D

LOL about the PMS ! Checked with my "venting partner" who is a few years older than I - she said my 2 hours of sleep could very well be menopause as it toggles back and forth for years. I am good if Aunt Flo keeps her distance - the remainder I can deal with. May just have to work out harder to get more sleep? :eek: Hope you and DH are doing better tonight. We also rarely have issues - was always the kids in the past and that's because my DH has none and really doesn't understand, coupled with me being quite a pushover. Another reason when I get upset it is because, as Lori mentioned, laziness just gets to me after a while !

Lori - bummer about the egging ! And your work day ! I'm thrilled some of my typical 'ugly' duties are being pawned off on a couple others right now. Yes'm - I did get my w/o in - as kinda yucky as my day was and even with only 2 hrs sleep I was energized for some reason? Perhaps the cold meds? :rolleyes:

Wendy - you buyin' the whole STS package? I thought you didn't like really heavy weights. Go figure . . . that is the nice thing about Meso 3 - the plyo workouts. You are good at adapting to your liking anyway so you could make it more "freestyle-like" and strengthen & slim the thighs rather than 'build' them. The plyo is great ! Very Insanity-like ! :p

Diana- WOW ! Laundry during the week? LOL that you just did it on Sun - well, not really LOL but ya' know what I mean. :p My two youngest lived with DH and I and refused to put their dirty clothes in the hamper so that is when I taught them how to use the washer and dryer. They were in Jr. High. Then DH washes his work clothes every other day so I have only my own laundry to do. Cannot complain on that front for sure ! :D Didya' get your cardio in at lunch? Stay energetic all day?

Jen - you offered to keep Wendy "focused" with STS in June, huh? Could make for a very "buff" summer, no? ;) And how is the house doing? Still think you'll move in in a couple months? I should check FB but haven't spend much time on the 'puter the last few days. (Perhaps I am making it up with just this one post? :p)

He He He - I stayed late at work, called DH to tell him I needed to shop at Costco for his burgers and he volunteered to run to the grocery store down the street (even though I was already on my way home) to get the fixins. Course he was off work today before 12 - I saw him leaving work when I got back to town after my seminar on my way home. :p He is s l o w l y catching on me thinks ! Wait until I have to commute (which by the way won't be until September so at least I can enjoy my summer !:cool:). Think dinner duty will be alllllllll his BUT it will have to be to my "clean eating" style. May need to put a training plan in place here, huh?

Well I am happy tomorrow is "Friday Eve" again so soon and am crossing my fingers that my weekend is a little better than last. DH just said the Sharks are giving away trading cards to the first 10K people at the game on Sat. Hoping I can get his behind outta bed and ready to get there early for a 1 PM game !

Toodles . . .

Just had to run back through (well let me rephrase that) -

Just had to gimp back over here to report I got up to go blow my nose and my back end is a KILLIN' ME ! ! !

Do I want to wake up in the morning? :eek:

15_1_64.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.