Damage Control...Happy Hump Day!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Morning Glories.

Well, I am back. Got back around 4pm y'day afternoon. Had a blast but was exhausted! Went to bed at 9pm on the last night cause I just ran out of energy. lol Y'day after we got home and ate something I laid on the couch and napped on and off until 8pm when it was DS' bed time. Once he was tucked away in bed I promptly tucked myself in and had no trouble sleeping until 4:30 this morning! I could have slept even longer but I got up in hopes of a work out and I'm still workin' on that one. LOL I ended up not working out at all while I was gone. OOPS! :p I also probably gained 5 pounds from all the crap I ate and drank. DOUBLE OOPS! :eek:

Okay, well I'd better hustle if I am going to have any hopes of a work out this morning.

BBL from work~

Good Morning!:)

I slept in....I'm with Wendy... oops!:p Another night of sleeping with DS and when my alarm went off I turned it off and then my plan was to lay there for a while to make sure I didn't wake him up. You all know what happened next...I fell back to sleep myself.

On another note, DS is driving me nuts! Its like clock work...every night he wakes up at the same time and wants to get into my bed. I was going to move him last night but I ended up falling asleep with him. Tonight may be the night for tough love...or I could just leave it and see what happens while I am away.

I didn't workout until last night, I went outside for a 10km run. It was a really nice night. I also borrowed a pair of my friends capris for the mary and I wanted to try them to make sure they were o.k.

Wendy** Sounds like you had an awesome time. I figured you would. Was it your side of the family or DH's? And how was Joey on the plane. I bet he enjoyed it. I think DD was 6-7 when we took her on a plane for the 1st time and the pics are hilirious.

Jacque** I feel the flu coming back. I am stuffed up more today then I have in days! Not a good thing. My running partner stopped by yesterday and for some reason she is really sick over this marathon...Im not sure why. I told her not to bring her negative energy to my house!:eek:

Laura** Glad to hear you are coming around. Its a good thing you have never been pregnant;) That icky feeling can last for weeks! With DD I was sick until I was 5m. Prior to that I hated TU and I would do anything in my power not to. After her, it doesn't even bother me anymore.

Diana** I hate it when the coffee isn't ready to go in the a.m! But for some reason I hate making it. Takes all of 40 secs! LOL Kind of like putting away laundry!

So my friend who already has a personal trainer is asking me to help her lose 20 lbs in 4 weeks. First thing I told her was that she needed to be realistic! She needs alot of work on her LB, I knew that before she even told me. She is my height and is a yo-yo. She is constantly losing weight, then gaining it back. I don't know why she can't maintain. She went crazy this summer and gained a pile of weight. I don't know why she wants my help. She is a very flicky person, shes all over the place so I have a feeling that she is tired of working out with the other girl. Anyway,I told her that 20 lbs isn't do-able but we can get together 2-3 x's a week.

O.k...Im going to try and squeeze a 30 mins workout in.

Lori:)

Hi ladies,

I'm up early but...am working from home today! I need to give DS a ride to school in a few but after that will start my workout. I'm doing a step cardio w/o TBD.

Doms to report in chest, tri's and abs...from Coremax 3.

Wendy-glad you're back! Joey must've been fine on the plane since you didn't mention anything about it. No worries about not working out, you will be back in regular routine in no time.

Lori-Losing 20# in 4 weeks is just not realistic at all. I'm lucky to lose .5-2# in 1 week on WW, when I follow the program to a T. It's actually amazing to me how little food we really need. Yep, keep your positive attitude going for the Mary....don't let anyone bring you down! You will be great!!

Jacque-sorry you are ill. At least now you will lay in bed and rest. Too much work I say! Feel better soon.

Laura-you're sick too...feel better soon. Glad to hear you are going to the Dr. with SIL. It's always good to have someone else there to ask all the questions the patient usually doesn't.

bbl to report my w/o.

Hey.

Just back to report that I eeked out 30 minutes of KPC this morning...warm up, combo 1, some high intensity drills plus abs not including the planks. It was sorta sad but it was a start on the road to recovery! :rolleyes:

BBL!

Morning Ladies ...

I am a bit better today .. but congestion back :mad: it is maddening ... but it sounds like all of you are experiencing the same thing .. that is coming and then going .. then coming back .. WTH????? DH said he felt sick ystdy .. but better today .. VBF said she felt sick ystdy .. told her not to come to class... think we are just passing it back and forth .. :confused: .. I taught the mish mosh class last night and I am DOMSing in the hammies, butt and core .... feels oh so good!!

Wendy .. welcome back ... hope Joey did good on plane .. and sounds like you had a blast .. no worries on missed w/o you were sick when you left right?? prbly best you didnt workout .. that may be why mine wont leave me alone!!

Lori ... man you are in spot w/your PT friend .. she sounds flighty .. if you dont train her she will be ill .. if you do and she dont loose weight she is gonna blame you :confused: yikes .. would she be paying you???? If so I would sit down do personal evaluation .. and lay out a plan and make her understand REASONABLE goals .. but heck .. seems she would already know all that .. that is what is odd!!!

Di - ya SIL kinda is like my DM .. she tells the facts as SHE SEES it not really what the DR may have said ... so somebody has to go with her for sure!! She is scared .. so I am hoping she will listen and do as he says .. although she did come to class last night .. she did not go full force .. but STILL .. dr said NO exercise ... she was talking to one of our friends and saying she didnt want to get fat . that is her biggest fear ... so that kinda worries me ..

Hello to Jacque ..

So I broke down and ordered Michelle Dozois new workouts .. they look pretty good .. I KNOW .. I didnt need them .. but they look different ... and sounds like we should be getting Cathe's new workouts the first of NOV .. OH WELL .. today is either hvy weights in the gym for legs ... or a power walk at lunch .. then date night tonight .. no class .. and DH starts long hours (shut down) this weekend soooooo we need to spend some time together!! OK ... so better run ... ya'll have a great day!!! :D

WOW WEndy .. so glad no one hurt .. and your home ok !!!! YIKES ..that is very scary!!! those look like new apnt and they were vacant??? Arson maybe???? SCAREY stuff .. Wow what if you saw that when you came home .. you would have had a heart attack .. geesh!!!

Hi ladies,

I'm half expecting to Jacque's start of tomorrows thread, tonight.:p It's been a hectic day, and with dentist appts the day just got away from me.

I did Imax 3 this morning and my knee started hurting during the warmup. Not sure what I've done, but it has been hurting for several weeks. Hi/Lo and Kickbox don't seem to bother it too much. I have a knot at the top of my calf muscle, just beneath where the knee bends. The pain radiates around the outside of my knee and I limp terribly. After a hot shower it felt much better.

Not sure what I will be doing tomorrow. It's weigh in day and I prefer to do cardio on weigh days, but kind of wanted to do GS BSB. I'll play it by ear and see how I feel in the a.m.

For some reason, I have been dog tired by the end of the day and pretty much passing out between 9:30-10. When the tiredness comes on...it comes on fast and I I'm quite unbearable. This happened when I was pregnant and was first diagnosed with hypothyroidism. it could just be stress from this "project from hell" I'm working on.

Wendy-oh my, that fire was way to close. Glad that you and your family are okay. My word is Appreciated...your friendship, humor, dedication, determination are just a few that come to mind at the moment!:D

Laura-hope you and DH both start feeling better. SIL needs to understand there is a difference between being thin and being healthy. Glad you will be going with her for support. More new workouts, I'm going to go check them out.

Jacque-are you feeling any better today? I sure hope so.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.