Damage Control February!!

rmrmr

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

Saturday was wasted away...I did nothing productive at all...well except clean out my DVR by watching bad TV all day!

Sunday-5k race and STS Disc 5-B&T.

bbl for personals!

Diana- you made me laugh about cleaning out your DVR!

No wo to report, I'm still unable to put in my contacts, so I'm still not feeling 100%.

Weight is up to 172! My new mini WW goal is to get down to 167 by the end of the month. This week my plan to do that is to get enough rest, I need 7-8 regularly, more when I'm sick. Track my food, not worrying about about points, just write everything down. Lastly, drink my 80 ounces of water daily. Workouts will come with more rest and health. And they are easy for me compared to portion control.

Well after shoveling for an hour yesterday, I ended up doing HCUB. I needed something to move as well as some upper body weights (besides mounds of snow!). Yoga was a nice stretch last night. I'm back to work today. I'll check back in tonight to see what everyone is up to.

LL, drink lots of water and soup is good to fill you up!

Beth

Hi Ladies,

Monday morning was rest....because I stayed up too late on Sunday night and couldn't drag myself out of bed. Last night I went to class at the rec ctr and it was a good one! This morning was BodyRock Day 4. It should've been STS disc 6-legs, but my legs are still sore from my run on Sunday and running stairs and laps last night.

LL-I think it's great to create mini goals. I'm at a plateau myself, but I know it's from not staying in my calorie goal. It's so hard to stay within 1400-1500 cals for me. I'm doing the no extra sugar too. Glad I could make you laugh! Max 30 is intense, but it's only 30 minutes. The tabata one seems the easiest to me. Perhaps you could start with that one and see what you think.

Beth-you are getting in some awesome workouts! Shoveling counts too yah know!!! The new gym I go to is going to be offering a yoga class at 4:30 on Sundays. I may give it a try and see what I think.

Tina-when is DH's surgery scheduled for? Hope you are enjoying Amy Bento! I have several of her w/o's, Kickbox Xtreme being one of my favorites. It's long so I could only do it on the weekend. Her weight work is really good to.

Missy-you are doing great with your workouts. That surgery scares me. Whatever you decide, we will support you! You have to do what's best for you. Keep up the good work! I like the oldies too.

Hi to Jacque & Laura

Yesterday was Kickbox Surge and MM upper body only premix. Today was Advanced Step Challenge II and tonight will be STS legs, if DH is up to it. I'm loving Amy Bento right now, her energy level is so contagious. I totally dorked out during the step workout today.

Diana, nice job on your 5K and STS on the same day! :) DH's surgery is on Monday, so I'll be solo for a few weeks. Hopefully we can manage being together 24/7 for a few weeks without killing each other. He can't ever sit still, so this will be a torturous test for him.

Beth, I hear you on the shoveling front. We had another foot dumped on us yesterday. Thank goodness it's fairly fluffy. Roof shoveling is for the birds!

BBL to check in on everyone. :)

Hello ladies ! Yep, blast from the past again as life got in my way yet again. "Keep on truckin'" will be my goal for the month.

Caught a cold that lasted a week with not enough rest so I didn't work out and then last week work was very busy with two very long 15 hour days. This week I started over with Month 2 of the rotation for the Ripped series. And even got up this morning after a very late hockey game which left me with only 4 hours of sleep ! I feel good though and need to remember that is what workouts can do for me ! :)

Diana - I "clean my DVR" too - on Sat and Sun AMs rather than getting up at 4:30 to workout. ;) Nice job doing a race and weights on Sun.

LL
- I am with you on the small goals. Hope you feel better soon . . .

Beth - ugh on the snow shoveling but agree that is a great workout in and of itself.

Tina - hope all goes well for DH. It's great you have a workout buddy . . . hope it isn't too boring for you to go solo for a while.

Hello to Missy and Laura ! Need to catch up a lot and once again try to be more consistent ! :(

Hi Ladies,

This morning was STS Disc 6-legs. I didn't quite finish it, but hope to do that tonight. From the workout sheet it looks like I did all the weight work, the rest is band work. I need to do abs too.

We got snow again this morning and it took me over 2 hours to get to work. The roads were very icy but I managed just fine in my AWD!

Tina-wishing your DH a successful surgery and speedy recovery. I'm sure it will be hard for him to sit still while you are working out! Glad you are enjoying your week of Amy, she is awesome!!

Jacque-glad you found time to pop in! How are you liking the RWH series? I think I've done each w/o once. I've been doing Max 30, Bodyrock and STS. Trying to keep up my weight work before tri-training starts.

bbl to see what everyone else is up to.

Just popping in to say hi! I have no workouts to report, I'm still coughing a ton and have a sore throat. I have one wo left and I will have completed RWH and XTrain! lIHI Legs and when I have time, I will do just the strength part, I just can't do the HiiT cardio yet. I was able to get in my contacts today! But by dinner m they started to bother me. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DH and I ended up doing M1D3 legs on Tuesday. He even did the bonus portion, which was hilarious to watch. He's not a ballerina for sure. Yesterday morning was HCUB and last night was XT CBS. Whatever DH wants to do right now, I'm joining him. This morning will be Body Box and DH will decide what we do tonight. It is still snowing here, looks like a winter wonderland. I can admit today it is really pretty, but I'm so sick of driving in it. I'd love to move to Aruba right now.

Diana, I need to get in some good ab work too. I've been avoiding it all week. I wish I had 4WD.

BBL to check in on everyone. Have a great day. :)

Hi Ladies,

This morning was BR Day 5, all abs! It's one of the easier realtime challenge w/o's. I have class tonight and hope to get to the next STS disc tomorrow or Saturday.

I have a second phone interview today. I'll let you know how that goes. Its an additional 3 mile commute, but what's 3 miles when your already communting 32 miles.

LL-goodness miss, I hope you start feeling better soon. When I have chest colds or coughing I stick to weight training, and then only if I'm feeling up to it.

Tina-I'm so jealous of all your w/o's! It's been difficult fitting in all my exercise wants...with my commute. I feel pretty good that I'm able to still get in at least one w/o per day on most days. I would love to do more though. Oh...hate to brag, but after our brief snow storm yesterday, we are supposed to be in the 60's the rest of the week and even reach 70 on Sunday! I say it's time to try out my new bike computer and cadence sensor!

bbl

Hi all...time to catch up finally! Tuesday I ended up working 12, so no workout. Yesterday I was super stressed-sometimes I should just learn to keep my mouth shut-so I got home and did X10-3 sections. Then I fell asleep on the couch at 7! Today I was off and did PLB. I seem to be on a workout 4 days, then take a day off schedule lately. Sunday I'm back in for 12 hours so will take that day off. I'm planning on LB, UB, cardio, metabolic. So today was pretty heavy lower body.

Diana, you can get outside! With the extra daylight starting to come through that will awesome for your tri training! I'm hoping to get out again in March. We had a pretty cold day today here (-4 with the wind chill). My walking buddy is going hiking at the Arizona Grand Canyon-she goes like twice a year-in April, so she really wants us to get back to our 10k route with the weight vests to help her build some stamina. Like I said, we're shooting for March.

Tina, I'm with you...Aruba sounds awesome! Hope surgery goes well on Monday.

LL, take care. How is the diet going? Drinking lots of tea? My no sugar 10 days have not been going as well this month. Yesterday someone brought me a special treat that involved caramel, and I caved. Oh well...5 days to go!

Missy, what are you up to this week?

Jacque, good to see you!

Beth

Finally! After 4 days of no wo's, I did LIHI Legs all strength 30 min! No coughing! I'm not ready for cardio. But I have finished the rotation!! Modified some, but finished! So now I need to get better to start Max 30!

Beth- I have been sugar free! Except for the honey in my tea. By day 3 it wasn't that big of a deal anymore. Now, when I make Little K's bday cake tomorrow night, then it will be tough!

I've been doing an inventory of my fridges and chest freezer, still have most of the upstairs fridge to go and the pantry (over spending last weekend for meal swap- made 6 meals and Super Bowl, etc, I need to basically only buy eggs, cheese and lettuce and fruit tomorrow!!) and I found some "power bars" I made for Easter in the freezer! They are totally made of nuts, seeds and dried fruit! So if I feel the need for something sweet, I will eat those! I think it's cashews, sesame seeds, raisins and dates, something like that, rolled into balls.

And speaking of Little K.. he has a fever, I love skiing, but I'm kinda really looking forward to spring and summer now!! So tired of being sick!!

Hi Ladies,

This morning was STS Disc 7-CSB. I had my class last night, it was fun but probably not a very big calorie burner. My weight is holding steady and I know it's due to not staying within my calorie goal. Why is that so difficult? For me, I'm a picker and eat even when I'm not hungry. I'm working on getting control of the mindless nibbling I do. To make matter worse, it's usually almonds that I'm eating. Grabbing them by the handful up to several times per day.

Beth-glad you were able to blow off some steam with X10, such an awesome w/o. Have you decided on doing a 5K? There is a couch to 5K app that you can install on your phone. I'm guessing you get plenty of steps in with your job as it is. I find I do so much better staying away from sugar when I don't plan on doing it.

LL-glad you finally starting to feel better. I need to inventory my freezer. It's really hard to transition from buying in bulk or family packs to smaller portions. If I had more time, I could seperate and freeze the family packs in smaller portions. I'm hoping to eventually be able to eliminate our big freezer. Hope little K feels better soon. He needs to better for his birthday celebration! I sometimes struggle with Max 30 at 5am. If I can start it 6am then I do so much better, being more awake and all.

Hi to Laura, Jacque, Tina & Missy! TGIF!!!

Last night we ended up doing plyo legs, disc #26. This morning I did LIC and the bonus cardio portion too. I love that workout. My memory is still holding strong, I didn't forget a single combination on any of the oldies I dug out this week. It must be healthy for your brain function to learn and maintain choreography. We are in for another foot of snow over the weekend. Last night the temps were below zero. I didn't take my fleece off until halfway through my workout this morning, brrrrr!

Beth, it sounds like were living in the same winter hell zone. We walked today, but the roads are so messy and the wind was wicked, not enjoyable. I can't wait for spring!

LL, glad to hear you're finally feeling better! :)

Diana, let me know when you finally get to try out your cadence meter. :)

Completed Party Rockin' Step #2 premix 1 no finished product 30 min. I did everything low impact and didn't cough at all, but it didn't feel great but was fun. If that makes sense. It's really not that much fun exercising with a sore throat! I wish this would just go away! Started that time of the month yesterday too, so that doesn't help. But I did get 8 hours of sleep last night and that does help.

Little K's fever seems to be gone, for now. But he has tons of stuff coming out of his nose. So I had to cancel his little bday party today, only 1 yes and 2 maybes. And tomorrow is his actual bday and we are supposed to go out to lunch and go to Oasis with extended family. Not sure that will happen either. Sunday School is out, so I'm guessing the other stuff may be out too.

Hi to all that follow!

Hey all....I slacked off last week. I'm doing the xtrain cardio today.

I know all of the issues with the weight loss surgery. It isn't going to be easy no matter what. But I've been through the process before, done all of the research, and so on. I'll be doing all of the medical requirements again, so there will be input from a nutritionist, the doctor, psychologist, and so on.

RWH low impact HiiT 2 plus abs 1 complete! I'm starting max 30 tomorrow! And excited!

Little K's fever came back last night, but was
better this morning and today so we went to Oasis and I got a second and third wo with climbing thru the tubes (hours) and playing basketball on a trampoline (5 min).

I broke my no sugar challenge. We went to Ruby's Diner for lunch and I got a good entree: Chinese chicken salad with ginger sesame dressing (fat free) yummy! But some how we had a side of sweet potato fries that I shouldn't have eaten. And then I ordered at kid size double dark chocolate chip milk shake. Not dark at all, it was good but not as amazing as it sounded and I drank the rest of CDawg's caramel shake, that was really good! And then tonight I had a piece of whole wheat banana bread that I made but didn't eat last night and a piece of whole wheat chocolate chip banana bars. That was yummy. But the good news is I didn't binge and eat at ton! I really wanted more of the bars, but they were gone! Hopefully I won't hate the scale in the morning, I was 170.3 this morning...I witch I could say that I've gotten in 80 ounces of water daily, but I haven't, 80 ounces of liquid, most days. I did get at least 64 in daily...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saturday was a day off. Yesterday was XT Ride in the a.m. and MM in the p.m. This morning was Imax 1. That workout used to kill me years ago and I did it on a 6 inch step. It's a breeze on an 8 inch step now. Thank goodness Cathe keeps pushing us harder. I'm in way better shape than I was 20 years ago.

DH is in surgery right now. There was over 600 local cancellations due to the snow today, so I'm so grateful they didn't close the surgery site. It's only 6 miles from our house, so I figured I'd wait it out here.

Missy, whatever you choose to do, we have your back. We'll support you every step of the way. You are such an inspiration! :)

More shovelmax in store today. Yup, I have to vent about every time I check in. :mad:

Hi Ladies,

Saturday was STS disc 8 and CCC! CCC is a fun one for me. Sunday was STS disc 9 and BR day 9. This morning was BR Day 8. Tonight I have class. I'm not impressed with this session, the w/o's are hit and miss for me. We have folks of all ages and abilities which makes it hard for the instructor to plan the workouts.

We had fabulous weather for the weekend, low 60's. Unfortunatley I didn't get to ride on Sunday like I planned. We had wind...gusts up to 60mph, and I didn't feel safe in that. Hopefully it will be nice next weekend so I can ride.

LL-We all eat out sometimes, it's really hard to stay on point when eating out. There are just so many variables. Glad you are feeling good enough to start Max 30! Can't wait to hear what you think. I maxed in the 7-8 minute mark on the first disc, and the first 5 minutes is the warmup! You can do this. I found the tabata disc to be easier...IMO. The breaks make it much more manageable.

Tina-sending well wishes for a speedy recovery for your DH. More snow...UGH. Hopefully soon I'll get to tell you how much I love my new bike computer/cadence sensor. Seriously, I got them for my birthday in September. I haven't done Imax 1 in years. If I recall, the warmup seems to go on forever and ever...and I just never really liked it. Imax 3 is my favorite Imax....love that w/o.

Missy-we all take time off for different reasons. No worries. ITA w/Tina....we are here to support and encourage. Whatever you decide, we will be here to cheer you on!!!

waving hello to Beth, Jacque & Laura.

Hi! I've been keeping up with what you're all doing, just not contributing the last few days-sorry!

I don't even know why I bother to plan workouts...I always change them! Friday I did Hardcore chest and triceps and HiiT pyramid workout. Sat. I did Hardcore back, shoulders, biceps. Sunday I worked 12 hours so did not workout. Yesterday I did Kick, Punch and Crunch-long one since I was off work. Today I'm off and am planning a long one, but won't decide till I peruse my bookshelf/options! I'm thinking a long leg workout today and then upper body with short cardio on Wed. and Thursday. Friday I'll take off-third workday in a row and I'm always tired...but you never know. Maybe I'll get out on time and workout! See, I shouldn't even try to plan!

Tina, I hope the surgery went well! Are you located close to Boston? They have like 60 inches of snow! Glad you're keeping up with your workouts...helps the stress.

LL, good work finishing that rotation! Max 30 will surely shock your system now. Can't wait to hear how you like it.

Diana, sorry you don't like your class. At least you're out with people and can inspire them. My yoga is not real challenging, but it's an hour I'm not home in my kitchen and I'm at least moving/stretching and being with others. I adore CCC. It's like HiiT mixed in with abs and a great one to tack on to an upper body weight day for me.

Hi to everyone else!

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.