Damage Control December...Monday

Good Monday Morning Ladies ! :D

Trying to sport a good attitude, but not happy to be going back to work!:mad:

Up and done with my GS Chest & Tri timesaver premix, once through. Will do a half hour of cardio after work.

Back in a bit to check in.

Hi Ladies,

Well you clean freaks here...you know who you are-got to me and I got my Christmas tree down, decorations etc taken down to the basement. Cleaning the basement is another thing and DH and I will be tackling that after the girls are gone. I think we can clean it up and get it all rearranged in one day. I'm sure that will be my workout for that day.

Jacque-Sorry you have to go back to work. Not rubbing it in but I'm on vacation for this week too. It used to be that when the kids were younger they would call me up at work fighting. It became too stressful for me so I just started taking the last 2 weeks of December off.

I'm doing a kb workout here after a couple cups of coffee.

bbl

Good Afternoon Everyone.

So my original plan for today was to do B&G or one of it's premixes. My newest KB came in the mail today though so now I am thinking perhaps I would rather try it out with one of the work outs I bought it for and see if I made a good choice. Decisions! It's not too big of a deal though because whatever I don't do today I plan to do on Wednesday. Perhaps I'll do eeny meeny miney mo to decide. :D

Diana: Good for you getting the tree down. Ours probably won't come down for another week. Glad you are continuing to have fun with your baby girls. How did this morning's bell work out go?

Jacque: Go you banging out a work out early this morning. I thought about it but just didn't want to get out of bed early enough this morning. When I finally did wake up I discovered that I was drooling on to my pillow. That side of my face was all wet too. EEEWWWW! I hate when that happens!:D

Hello to everyone else. The thread has been real quiet lately. Only a few of us checking in regularly these days. I hope everyone is doing well!

BB after my work out!:)

Hey Girls,

I got my butt kicked by Newport this morning. That is a toughie, for me at least. I had to modify using my 10lb med ball for the hot potato. I also used a 10lb db for one of the bonus rounds and a 15lb db for one of the other exercises. I wore my hr monitor but I must've hit a wrong button becuase when I went to check the cals burned it only showed yesterday's , but not todays workout. I don't normally wear a hr monitor for weight work, but my hr was definitely in the zone with this workout. I felt like I should add some bi's and tri's to this but I was spent.

Wendy-how was xmas with your sister yesterday? Is Joey loving all his new stuff. I remember when my kids went from toy to toy to toy. They usually wanted whatever their brother was playing with at the time:)

BBL

Hey girlies!

How is everyone holding up after the holiday rush? I'm always happy when Christmas is over :eek:

I'm oh so jealous that you all have workouts to report! I've got nuthin'. Well actually, that's not entirely true...I went grocery shopping today for the first time in over three and a half weeks, and it proved to be a workout! I'm now so tired that I haven't been able to carry my groceries in from the car. I've got to wait for my dad and DS to get home to ask them to carry them in :rolleyes: So much for being a Cathlete.

Diana, I hope you're enjoying your granddaughters. You're ambitious getting all your decorations packed up! Got any energy left to come and take care of mine? ;) The kids were happy as could be getting them all out and decorating, but seem to lack the same enthusiasm for putting them away.

Wendy, what size kb did you get? And which workouts? Allow me to live vicariously through you, if you don't mind ;)

Jacque, Sorry about your return to work. Vacation is never long enough, huh? Unless it's an extended vacation home with the kids, couped up due to health issues and horrible weather, that lasts for a total of three and a half long weeks, peppered with bickering and yelling and complaining and and the occasional whining. THEN a vacation is actually long enough. (Obviously, I cannot wait for Monday, when my kids finally return to school!!! They're driving me a little batty.)

Hope everyone is having a great day. I'll BBS to see if anyone is around.

Jen

Back to see what's up . . .

Diana - way to kick it up a notch with the Newport ! Got my new KB's in the back of my car so need to remember to bring them out after work.

I wish I could take more time off during the holidays, but with payroll and accounting books to close it doesn't work too well. Such is life and I'll more than likely be off when the rest of you are working. ;) :p

Jen - so glad to hear you are doing OK - no Wii yet, huh? JK - if a trip to the store wore you out then you had better rest ! I learned after my first C-Section not to over do it. Told my neighbor who had a hysterectomy the same thing and she over did it anyway ! Take it easy and start getting back to normal as you feel you can taking small steps at a time.

I remember the days of fighting when the kids were not in school. Mine went year round so only lasted a month at a time and we made due. They didn't argue or fight too much so I consider myself lucky that with 3 the issues were pretty minor. Hope Monday comes quickly for your sake ! :eek:

Remembering I need to do a few webcasts after work today so may not check back in. Am running out of time quickly as they have to be done before Wed. :eek:

Hey Girls.

I wasn't able to make up my mind for a work out today so I did it all. *insert evil grin here* It actually sounds worse then it was. Ya see, I did the standing work off the B&G standing glutes and abs timesaver premix which is only took about 30 minutes including part of the warm up. Then I popped in the Kettlebell Bootcamp dvd and did the first work out (20 mins) plus the abs from it (6 mins) so all in all it was only about an hour's work out. It was tough but no longer then anything else I could have done. ;)

My new kb is only 10# and I bought because there are moves in the kb dvd I did today that were simply impossible for me to do with my 15# kb. I guess I could have subbed in a 10# db and saved my money but I'm anal and had to have the bell for it. :p I kept the entire work out light today since I had just done a fierce leg work out but if I were to do this particular kb work out full throttle I would be able to utilize every weight of bell that I own (10,15,20 and 30). I'll have to try it sometime...I'll bet it's a good butt-kicker for only being 20 minutes long. :eek:

Diana: Newport is on my wish list. I was looking at it today as a matter of fact but I am going to hold off a while.

Jen: Glad you popped in. Been missin' ya girl. :) Oh my, you poor thing-I can't even imagine how wiped out you are feeling. Betcha' never thought food shopping would be so tough, huh? You've been through so much though. Your body has a lot to recover from! A WHOLE LOT! Glad you are able to take it in stride though. I'd sooo be complainin' already! LOL So does your doc have any estimations of when you can begin any sort of work outs again??

Jacque: You asked me y'day when I start my mary training. The information meeting for TNT is on Jan 22 or something like that and the kick off meeting is Feb 3rd. Sooo...to answer your question...I'm not sure! LOL I don't know if the training begins before or after "kick off". I suppose I'll find out at the information meeting in a couple of weeks. Regardless, I am working on upping my weekly mileage right now so that I am prepared. Pray for me! :p Good score on the 20# kb at Target, btw! I hope DH got you the AOS dvds too!

Ang: I definately found blasts 6-10 in IMAX3 easier then 1-5. The next time I do it I am going to try to do all 10 blasts in one work out and after that I will start working on learning the step portions so that perhaps one day I can actually do the work out IN FULL! Would be an amazing thing, no? :p So where do you think you'll go for NYE?

Laura: Have fun eating, drinking and gambling girl! :D:D:D

Think that catches me up. I have to go figure out dinner now but hopefully I'll be back to "chat" before bed.

Later Taters! :)

Last edited:
Is it time for wine yet?? :eek:

Jacque, I actually played the Wii a little bit the other night. The kids were playing Mario & Sonic Olympics, and the table tennis game looked kinda fun so I gave it a shot. I lasted about 10 minutes, then I was done for the night. I'm still very sore in the abdomen around the incision, so I need to be careful. Still can't sneeze or cough without major pain. BUT, it's better than it was two and three weeks ago ;) I'm definitely following your advice to take it easy though. I want to heal well and fast so that I can go back in and get this all undone!! Happy to hear you've jumped on the kettlebell bandwagon :D Can't wait to be swingin' with all you girls again.

Wendy, I'm missin' all you gurls, too! Arhh, your workouts make me feel like a slouch :p The only bright side to this whole ordeal is that it'll curb my fitness spending for a few months...but your mention of Kettlebell Bootcamp has me itchin' to find my credit card! I won't do it right now, 'cuz that's just torture...but I'm taking notes ;) Unfortunately, I don't really have and recommendations from the doc as to when I can start doing things like strenuous exercise. I saw the surgeon a week after I got out of the hospital so he could remove the staples. He asked me a couple questions like "Any pain?", and then said "Well, I don't need to see you again for a while...call me in February or March and we'll talk about reconnection." And that was that. Huh? Wha...? So I'm thinking I need to get in with my primary care at some point to go over things like that. He did tell me I'd probably want to stay out of work for about six weeks and then see how I feel. I'll likely treat working out the same way.

Okay, now it's definitely time for some CABS. TG I can still do that!!

BBL~

Jen

Hiya girls

What a crazy hectic Monday. There was no power at the office so I brought the paperwork home and couldn't get away from the kids, phone or my parents dropping by. Ug! The power came back on at the office so I high tailed it outta here this afternoon so I could get some work done. This is a busy time for me since I gotta make sure the books are balanced before the 1st of the year.:confused:

I'd like to go shopping this weekend sometime for a bike. I posted on the OF for some suggestions. I'm torn between a spin bike and a recumbent bike. I tend to get the ouchies in the seat area with a regular bike so I am kinda leaning toward the recumbent......still not sure though.

I got home and did Providence today. My right shoulder was much better today but still a bit sore so I made sure I went light on the overhead presses with DB's. My forearms are gonna be bruised tomorrow though.....can already feel that comin' on. At this point, I don't really like the cleans....practice makes perfect I guess. I do think I need a 15# KB for sure.

Laura - hope you are kickin' butt at the slots or tables.;)

Jacque - I'm thinking about those KB's at target. I think I will like the handles on those more than the handle on the one I got from reebok. It really chaffed my hands at the end of the workout today.:confused: I have also found that it's hard not to chip my nails doing the KB's.:( Maybe my clumsiness will lessen with practice.
I hear you on the books situation. It's a bummer that the end of the year has to happen over the holidays huh?
I would love for my kids to have school year round! That would be awesome!! And I'm sure the kids retain much more information that way too.

Diana - Did you get CLX today?
Good for you in getting that tree and decs taken care of. The post Christmas clutter just gets to me for some reason. But with the boys home - it's so hard to get everything cleaned up. Oy! Why didn't I have girls?:rolleyes:
I have noticed that I don't do well wearing a HRM with KB workouts. I have bashed my watch into my arm a few times so I have just given up with that. I'm waiting to see how my shoulders feel in a couple of days before I get the nerve up to tackle Newport. *lol* I can't wait to give it a try though.

Jen - I hear you about wanting the kids to go back to school. I swear my kids' brains are going to be Wii mush by the time they go back. It's driving me nuts that I can't keep anything cleaned up.
Ah yes, take it easy. I know that's easier said than done. It does sound like you are building up slowly but surely.....that's the way to do it for sure. You'll get there.;)
Most surgeons that I have had the....um....pleasure:eek:....to deal with have been personality impaired. I have no idea why that is. There was only one in the two hospitals in the area that wasn't a complete A-hole. The egos were just amazing.:rolleyes: Hopefully you'll get the answers you need from your family doc, but don't be afraid to call the office of the surgeon and ask them questions.

Wendy - Sounds like a nice mish-mosh of a workout today.
Did you get any of the AOS DVD's for Christmas?
Hey - you are getting your $$ out of the IMAX3 DVD. Good for you! I've never done just the blasts...whoa! I'm sure that would be exhausting.
As far as NYE - DH and I are lame-o. *lol* We will do some celebrating with BF and her DH and the kids will probably go and catch a movie. I have doubts that we will make it to midnight though. BF needs to go to a Christmas party the next day and DH will have worked all day and he usually hits the sack early.:confused: We were going to go bowling but they want $149 for an hour of bowling for 6 people. Uh, I don't think so!! Plus they wanted to charge $40 for a steak dinner without the promise of crab legs. Again - I don't think so! So, we will probably just have some CABs, naughty eats, and play some cards. Impressive huh? LOL! Where are you going off to? When are you going to start??

Did you all catch the new abs clips from STS? Oooooooo - they look evil!;)

Later girls

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.