Daily Check in Weekend of April 28th & 29th, 2018

CeciFifi

Cathlete
Hi Everyone,

I was MIA yesterday. I left Thursday for Ottawa to pick up my DD from University. She starts her job in Toronto on Sunday (job she has had since last May and works at when she comes home on holidays). Thank goodness she will be working. Her life in Ottawa costs us soooooooo much - not including school fees and books. Apartments are so expensive in Ottawa and she is living alone this year.

I am working today but not tomorrow - yeah.

Today I did someone from youtube - 20 minutes of total body + Cathe RUUP - double chest premix + 12 minute KB workout from cruel and unusual.

Have a great day everyone!

Henriette - it sounds like you had a great day yesterday. And yeah for son having stuck it out for 2 hours. wow. that must have felt like a lifetime to him.

See you all tomorrow

Hey there Ceci! Wow, I didn't know Ottawa cost more than Toronto? Vancouver is bloody nuts. Cannot get ANYthing for less than $2375/month. Glad your DD has something set up so early for a job. Good for her!! Hi to Linda just checking in too on Fri's check-in. Always rockin' the blender! Henriette, Happy Koningsdag to you! Glad to hear you had a fun time. Hey Peg, where you've been this week? Busy? Hi Missy, hope everything has been better with your DH. Enjoy your weekend off, Annette.
Last night I did Cathe LIVE Lift It Hiit (a shorter one) & added on some of my own Barre hamstring focused movements. Today we are planning to head up to the mountains to see the grizzlies at the wildlife rescue who have just come out of hibernation. Spring is officially here! That will involve some good hiking although DH will be with me so plenty of breaks, as he typically needs a lot of breaks when he comes on hikes with me. lol.
Question for you folks: Does anyone have those softish/foam Plyo Boxes? What do you think of them?

xx4095-lg.jpg

Hi ladies,

Two hours was indeed a long time and he only lasted that long because he had his phone with him. Definitely not a future in sales for him!

Today is another day off... only the first day of the weekend and it feels so good that we also have tomorrow off! I have been for several walks already and will go for one or two more before the day is over. One was a long one in town bringing stuff back to the TK Maxx, stuff I had decided we didn't need after all.

This morning I did a step choreo from YouTube and I had so much fun with it. Time flew by! I have no idea what the guy was saying, I think he's Brazilian but the music was good and the steps were fun. He did a good job building up the combo's so it was not at all overwhelming. I, however, made the mistake thinking there were 3 combos, but in fact the first just had a second part to it, so when he said second and then did the third I was a little confused. Anyways, even if you like me don't speak a work of Portuguese it is still very doable and fun... and you can just ignore his chatter. I must worn he does say "ai ai ai" quite a bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi gals,

We walked around the 24th Annual 18th Century Market Fair for 2 hours this afternoon. Phone recorded 81 minutes = 8115 steps that I walked.

I bought one thimble for $10 which was from an estate sale. The thimble looks like stained glass, very pretty.

I am finding that in order for my knee not to hurt, I need to keep moving so I wore the brace also today.

Have a great day and workout![emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hi everyone! Yes Elsie I’ve been a bit busy. But I’m still doing my workouts. Yesterday I did Cathes latest Live class. I was not impressed. It was a little.....meh. Today was Susan Chung- her 1st dvd and it uses the heavy bag. I love that!

Elsie what will you use those boxes for? Jumping on them? They look like something we used in physical education classes growing up. I hope your friends and family are ok and not affected by the recent violence.

Henriette I’m so happy Magnus worked out with you!!! That’s awesome. My daughter is not very interested in playing with me. It sounds like everyone is feeling better too. It helps when the weather is more agreeable.

Annette, lay off the knee! See a doctor if it doesn’t improve soon.

Siobhan will your daughter be with you for a while? It’s always nice to spend time together. I hope your family and loved ones were not affected as well.

Linda....always nice to hear from you!! . Have you been doing any Cathe Live lately? I’m showing some love to my dvds these days.

Missy how’s it going? Hubby improving? Thinking of you.

Have a great day everyone.

Hey girls, I was able to get in a couple workouts today after cleaning & laundry. Did a DVD mix from Kelly's
Cardio Kick Stepbox, I love that workout, still learning the combos, it's not the 30 MTF Stepbox, but it's the
Other one in the blue & white case. Later I did a blender Gym Style Upper Body workout.

Elsie, hey there, I am not familiar with those plyo boxes, are you thinking about giving them a try?

Hey Peg, hope your day has been good :). I did a CatheLive last weekend, the Vertical Loading 2. It was good,
Went into my favorites:)

Henriette, enjoy your long weekend, that step workout looks fun. Ceci, I know you are glad to have your daughter
Home. Enjoy your time. Hey to Missy & Annette.

Elsie what will you use those boxes for? Jumping on them? They look like something we used in physical education classes growing up.
I am not familiar with those plyo boxes, are you thinking about giving them a try?
Yeah, I have been eyeing them on Craigslist etc. as I am finding that my regular step is a bit hard/immovable on my ankles & shins and thought it might be a nicer option for box jumps etc. Plus, I often like to do Plyo on it's own for finishers etc. They do sort of look like those tumbling boxes from school, Peg! lol. Regarding the tragedy in Toronto, thank goodness my Aunt who works at a bank just up the street was not affected! My sister kept txting her until we heard back. So, so frightening that those people had nowhere to get away. : ( I think I did try doing Kelly's StepBox a couple of times Linda and liked it. It's a bit different!!
Today, I got in a 2.75 hour hike. We had to cut it short as the weather was turning bad. I just have had less than three hrs sleep these past two nights, so I was pretty pooped by then anyway. It's just the peak of the mountain makes it worth it is all!!
Hope you all have a nice Sunday and thinking of your Coco, Linda.

Hi Everyone,

geesh Elsie - not much sleep there! I feel for ya!
Henriette - I wish i liked step like you do
Peg - Cathe Live - I never really got into it - it's good but I have to be in the mood
Missy - I hope everything is okay with you
Annette - just how many thimbles do you own now and where do you keep them? And, what got you hooked?

Today I did a mish mosh of:
- KB workout – 30-15 KB workout
- Critical Bench.com – lower body
- RUUP triceps
- my own stretch

All were short workouts. I enjoyed having the time to workout thoroughly

Ceci, I have over 100 now. My grandmother was a seamstress and collected thimble. I always loved looking at them and hearing a story about how she got it. So I asked for her collection. And she gave it to me.
8f2b72cc6772bf1c89f4ea5301599016.jpg

Should be 'thimbles ' and this is not all of them, I have 2 smaller display things that came with my thimbles from my grandmother.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Today was Lower Body blast w/ the bonus barre segment. This one used to have a big dread factor for me. But once I embraced the kinda intense burn = LOVE!!

Elsie I say go for it. I would imagine the the cushion would give you a pretty amazing workout. Almost making the moves more plyo. And keep the joints happy too. Interesting to think about...

Henriette that step routine looks fun. I noticed the lady on the left of the screen was getting a little lost. Glad to know it happens to professionals too.

Siobhan, way to mix it up! It's nice to know you can do your own thing and get a great workout!

Linda I've done Kelly's step workouts. There is definitely a learning curve there. She's so young in them too right? I bet Cathe could come up w/ something amazing if she did step boxing.

Hi to all who Annette and Missy. And I'm glad to hear that my Canadian friends are ok!!

Hi ladies,

Today was the last Slow & Heavy workout for this week: Chest & Back and planks. Think I will just do this one week of Slow & Heavy. I don't doubt that they are good workouts, just very monotonous.

For the rest a few walks but it rained nearly all day [emoji31]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi girls, my workouts today before & after Wally World :) were:

A 20 min. DVD mix from Kelly's Cardio Kick Stepbox
A 30 min. DVD mix from Kelly's 30MTF StepBox
A 20 premix from Kelly's UpperBody Supersets DVD, the premix with 2 sets
And a 25 min. Boxing & Lower Body Weights Circuit.

I'm tired :(

Yep, Peg, she is a lot younger in Cardio Kick Stepbox, the 30 MTF one isn't too old I think.
Everyone have a good rest of your Sunday.....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.