Daily Check-in Wednesday, November 15th, 2023

Good Morning Everyone,

Welcome Anita! We are so happy to have you join us for the daily check-in. We love new Cathletes!

I am short on time today as I have a client at 8:30am. Today I did Perfect30 LIH for 30 minutes. I will do my own stretch.

Annette - uhhh yikes on the cost of dental work and that's American money which is like $35000 Cdn. I hope there is a work around for you, somehow.
Nora - I hope you enjoyed your rest day
Linda - Enjoy your workout this morning!

Have a great day everyone.

Morning! And thank you!

In the thick of making breakfast for my family of 6, preparing for school (we home school), and trying to squeeze in a workout before 830AM. Scheduled today is Slide & Glide: express cardio + abs + stretch. Hip and lower back are sore and funky after yesterday‘s Pyramid Lower Body workout. We’ll see!

My oldest broke his fibula last week and had surgery on Thursday. Ten screws and a plate. I am taking him today to get his cast and check on the incisions and healing. And my youngest finally lost one of her two front teeth, after weeks of wiggling and it hanging by a thread. She wrote a letter to the Tooth Fairy and was disappointed when she didn‘t write back. I said I wondered if the Tooth Fairy could read and write, she‘s a tooth dealer and expert cat burglar — you don’t have to be literate for that. LOL

Will check back in later and let you know if this workout happens!

Last edited:
Good morning girls! Yes, Siobhan, I had an update on my computer, so that put me
behind in posting! Great workout doing Perfect 30 Low Impact Hiit.....

Today's workouts:

Blender- "Simply Back" - 21 min.
YT- Redwoods- Cardio Drumming w/Lindsay - 20 min.
IFit- "Native Lore" Treadmill walk in Choctaw County, Oklahoma" - 23 min.

Have a good day!

Morning Anita! so sorry to hear about your son's injury, and hope everything goes well
with the cast & healing today! That's a sweet story about your daughter & the Tooth Fairy!
So cute! I remember waiting for that tooth fairy too. Never thought about writing a letter!
Enjoy your day and hope you can squeeze in your workout.

I especially love the warmup and stretch in
Slide & Glide....

DONE! It wasn’t a dumpster fire, but it was definitely not my best, LOL. Lots of modifications today. You were right, AG, about the warmup & stretch. The stretch, especially, was yummy. My hip feels better, though, and my back is warm now, instead of achy. Needed that good mobility and blood flow. S&G is not one I think I will reach for, though. It’s repetitive and it makes my feet ache from trying to grip the sliders.

PS I hate burpees.

OMG, I hate burpees too…with a passion. :). I either ALWAYS modify by stepping
back,back,in,in or use a step with risers(if it’s being used) or a chair.

glad you got your workout in ! Yup, that S&G stretch with the discs is so good!

Hi ladies,

We all hate burpees!! Welcome Anita, I homeschooled my 3 sons all the way through, last one graduated in 2015. We are empty nesters now. Hope your son heals quickly.

Today I came to the gym and did an hour on the elliptical, 15 minutes of floorwork for abs, legs and glutes and 15 minutes of hitting the bag with my Cathe boxing gloves and some kicking in there and 2 stints on the air bike for 2 minutes each time to break up the boxing. It was something new that someone recommended so I tried it. So all in all a 90 minutes total time workout.

Nice workouts all around!

See you tomorrow for weights and the sled.

Last edited:
Hello everyone;) Welcome Anita happy to have you aboard:)

Siobhan- Thanks for starting us off today:) Wow! Starting your day of early.
Great job on today's workout With:

Perfect30 LIH for 30 minutes
Plus adding on your own stretch

WTG & High fives and have a wonderful Wednesday;)

Anita - Sounds like you got your hands full with a family of 6. That alone earns you a gold medal. Mom's don't always get the credit they richly deserve. So Thank you!

Great job with today's workout with:

Slide & Glide: express cardio + abs + stretch. Sounds great, WTG & high fives! WTG on yesterday's workout too.
Pyramid Lower Body is tough and so is the Upper Body Pyramid as I recall. Both are sneaky workouts because oh man they get ya good the next day. At least that's my experience with them, it's all good stuff Well done!
I bet your kids are getting excited for Christmas? That's always a fun time to see the excitement and joy in their eyes.
Have a good day:)

Linda- Computer updates can sometimes be a pain. I had to stay up late to do my updates last night. I always create a restore point first before doing the updates.
Great job on today's workout with:

Today's workouts:

Blender- "Simply Back" - 21 min.- good stuff
YT- Redwoods- Cardio Drumming w/Lindsay - 20 min.- I bet that works the arms- awesome.
IFit- "Native Lore" Treadmill walk in Choctaw County, Oklahoma" - 23 min. - Love those passport workouts and it sounds like a fun walk.

Enjoy your Wedesday:)

Annette- WOW!! great job on today's 90 Min gym workout with:

1 hour on the elliptical, 15 minutes of floorwork for abs, legs and glutes, plus 15 min of hitting bag an kicking. WTG amazing stuff! You are awesome WTG & high fives!! Have a great Wednesay;)

Here's Today's workout:

KCM 30MTF- CardioFit- Workout #2 = 30 Min
Ab Hits - Workout #9 = 6 Min Power Hour
KCM 30MTF- Your Best Body- Premix- Workout #2 w Cardio rests =40 Min
YT- Kaleigh Cohen Cycling - 30-minute SUPERHERO RIDE!= 31 Min

Enjoy your Wednesday;)

Nora

ps. I hate burpees too!

Hi ladies,

We all hate burpees!! Welcome Anita, I homeschooled my 3 sons all the way through, last one graduated in 2015. We are empty nesters now. Hope your son heals quickly.

Today I came to the gym and did an hour on the elliptical, 15 minutes of floorwork for abs, legs and glutes and 15 minutes of hitting the bag with my Cathe boxing gloves and some kicking in there and 2 stints on the air bike for 2 minutes each time to break up the boxing. It was something new that someone recommended so I tried it. So all in all a 90 minutes total time workout.

Nice workouts all around!

See you tomorrow for weights and the sled.
Woohoo! I think I saw your workout for yesterday as well. You hit it hard, lady! Very impressive. ❤️

I have four children (two boys and two girls) and we are in the thick of it, for sure.

Tomorrow is FlexTrain … if I can get down to the basement and make it happen

I took 6 months off from fitness early this year (never doing that again!) and I’m slowly working up to more cardio and more endurance. I started in July/August with STS 2.0 90-day rotation — which was the perfect return to fitness. Currently doing the Xtrain/LIS 90-day rotation, but plugging in different videos for ones I either don’t have or don’t prefer. My strength is pretty much back to 100% (except for abs) and my cardio isn’t lousy, but it’s not impressive, let’s say that!

Hello everyone;) Welcome Anita happy to have you aboard:)

Siobhan- Thanks for starting us off today:) Wow! Starting your day of early.
Great job on today's workout With:

Perfect30 LIH for 30 minutes
Plus adding on your own stretch

WTG & High fives and have a wonderful Wednesday;)

Anita - Sounds like you got your hands full with a family of 6. That alone earns you a gold medal. Mom's don't always get the credit they richly deserve. So Thank you!

Great job with today's workout with:

Slide & Glide: express cardio + abs + stretch. Sounds great, WTG & high fives! WTG on yesterday's workout too.
Pyramid Lower Body is tough and so is the Upper Body Pyramid as I recall. Both are sneaky workouts because oh man they get ya good the next day. At least that's my experience with them, it's all good stuff Well done!
I bet your kids are getting excited for Christmas? That's always a fun time to see the excitement and joy in their eyes.
Have a good day:)

Linda- Computer updates can sometimes be a pain. I had to stay up late to do my updates last night. I always create a restore point first before doing the updates.
Great job on today's workout with:

Today's workouts:

Blender- "Simply Back" - 21 min.- good stuff
YT- Redwoods- Cardio Drumming w/Lindsay - 20 min.- I bet that works the arms- awesome.
IFit- "Native Lore" Treadmill walk in Choctaw County, Oklahoma" - 23 min. - Love those passport workouts and it sounds like a fun walk.

Enjoy your Wedesday:)

Annette- WOW!! great job on today's 90 Min gym workout with:

1 hour on the elliptical, 15 minutes of floorwork for abs, legs and glutes, plus 15 min of hitting bag an kicking. WTG amazing stuff! You are awesome WTG & high fives!! Have a great Wednesay;)

Here's Today's workout:

KCM 30MTF- CardioFit- Workout #2 = 30 Min
Ab Hits - Workout #9 = 6 Min Power Hour
KCM 30MTF- Your Best Body- Premix- Workout #2 w Cardio rests =40 Min
YT- Kaleigh Cohen Cycling - 30-minute SUPERHERO RIDE!= 31 Min

Enjoy your Wednesday;)

Nora

ps. I hate burpees too!
Thank you, Nora! So kind ❤️

How long was your workout today? Almost three hours? Wow! I am so humbled. Well done!

Nice workout Annette doing an hour on the elliptical, &15 minutes of floorwork for abs, legs and glutes & 15 minutes of hitting the bag with your Cathe boxing gloves and 2 stints on the air bike , Awesome!

Another great workout Nora doing KCM 30MTF- CardioFit- Workout #2 = 30 Min
Ab Hits - Workout #9 = 6 Min Power Hour, KCM 30MTF- Your Best Body- Premix- Workout #2 w Cardio rests =40 Min & YT- Kaleigh Cohen Cycling - 30-minute SUPERHERO RIDE! Whew! I am tired just thinking about all that! :)

PS Just got invited to speak at a conference next July. WELP! Fitness and nutrition goals, for sure. They are filming it and I really don’t want to show up with my Mom Bod. LOL.

Really and truly, that’s not 100% accurate. I will be what I will be — professional, poised, prepared and humble. I just need a goal date as a kick in the pants to keep me accountable. Speaking at a conference in front of hundreds of people is pretty good impetus, right? I’ve largely moved away from vanity as a reason to lean out and get in better shape. This is about health. SO: “HEALTH GOAL” is a good goal.

Hi Ladies,

I have to give you an update I did not get to workout today and another day of not enough sleep. I will try to do better. Today Dh and I had to get Thanksgiving stuff today just the few things we had forgotten.
Exciting news Anita- Wow that is so cool. Good luck meeting your health goals I need to get better about making sleep a priority. I have MS and my doctor has prescribed naps to help with rest and my immune system. My DH's parents passed away 2 years ago and he and his sister are co executors and our in the process of getting his adult child brother who is on the spectrum of Austism a place to live. It's difficult all the legal issues etc.. Any who we have to often go down to check on his brother still living in the house that needs to be sold and assets distributed etc.. To do that we need to get his brother situated in housing situation. So its been challenging, all this means my workout schedule can change and I hate that but it is what it is. This also causes things like grocery shopping get pushed back and DH and I only can do it on his days off. So So that's the skinny on that.

So happy to have Anita join us. Welcome again:)

Have a great evening girls;)

Nora

Hi Ladies,

I have to give you an update I did not get to workout today and another day of not enough sleep. I will try to do better. Today Dh and I had to get Thanksgiving stuff today just the few things we had forgotten.
Exciting news Anita- Wow that is so cool. Good luck meeting your health goals I need to get better about making sleep a priority. I have MS and my doctor has prescribed naps to help with rest and my immune system. My DH's parents passed away 2 years ago and he and his sister are co executors and our in the process of getting his adult child brother who is on the spectrum of Austism a place to live. It's difficult all the legal issues etc.. Any who we have to often go down to check on his brother still living in the house that needs to be sold and assets distributed etc.. To do that we need to get his brother situated in housing situation. So its been challenging, all this means my workout schedule can change and I hate that but it is what it is. This also causes things like grocery shopping get pushed back and DH and I only can do it on his days off. So So that's the skinny on that.

So happy to have Anita join us. Welcome again:)

Have a great evening girls;)

Nora
Hi Nora!

I’m so sorry about the MS — BOO! And estate issues are a lot to deal with — period. My husband’s father passed away from lung cancer back in ‘03, and his mother lived in the house as long as she could until she had to go into Alzheimers care. Selling the house was not so much of an issue as his father had left everything in a trust before his passing (but for a salty old New Englander, that took some arm wrestling!). But they had to renovate it pretty significantly. It was built in 1913 (think: old New England Cape Cod house in a working class neighborhood) and it had substandard wiring and all kinds of code violations. It was a lot. The family had also lived in the house since the 1950’s, so watching it go to someone else was bittersweet. I do not envy you.

I did my gigantic Thanksgiving haul on Tuesday night. I think I bought half the store. And I had ZERO energy. I looked at it like a workout, funnily enough. Warm up: parking the car and finding a cart, walking in, going to the produce section. Workout: getting down all the aisles and not forgetting anything. The “weight” gets heavier and heavier to push the farther along you go. Bonus burn: getting it all checked out, loaded, unloaded, put away. Cool down: looking at a full pantry and fridge and high fiving yourself. But I hate doing it.

My oldest has Autism, as well. And I am chronically sleep-deprived. So many points of your post resonate!

Remember, no one is following you around making sure you are being perfect. Do the best you can do and take care of yourself, even if that means naps come before workouts. HUGE HUGS.

Thanks for all your kind words. Sorry to hear about your husbands father's passing, and dealing with the estate issues and you DH's mom's Alzheimers issues and getting her care for that. My DH's dad had Dimentia, and his mom hearing issues and fell and broke her hip and had surgery and had a few weeks in hospital post sugery and was discharged before she had enough physical therapy to get up and take herself to bathroom etc,.. Plus this all happened during height of the Covid 19 pandemic. So it fell to my DH and his Sister who live near to deal with all this. DH's other siblings live elswhere and can't be here to help.

DH has one brother that is bi-polar and living in a group home that deals with that. DH's other brother the one we are trying to get housing for is on the Autism spectrum. Its a challenge to get him help. But we are determined to find that housing and help he needs.

I was diagnosed witjh MS in 2006 and on meds for that. I battle fatigue a lot. My doctor has prescribed naps to help. Stress makes all my MS smptoms worse balance and motor skills on rightside. There's alot of things I have to do differently, but I am greatful and thankful I a can do them still in a modified way. I choose to see the glass as half full and thankful for the glass and stuff in the glass too. I guess focus on the cans.

Good for you on your speaking invitation, you'll be amazing!

Take care Anita

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.