Daily Check-in Tues 2-13

luvtorun

Cathlete
good morning!!!

Today is my rest day. I'm not sore YET from LL yesterday. Week #1 of the February is a wrap!

Kim - that is cute that your children join you in the workouts!

Heather - now you listen to me.... (can you see me shaking my finger:) )... yesterday is gone and today is a new day. No you did not do any damage at all to start today new. I hope you got some sleep last night. That is always my downfall. It makes it so much harder to deal with anything when you are sleep deprived. We are so much the same my friend... that "all or nothing" mentality... I know so well where you are at. Today will be a good day for you! I'm sending good vibes your way.

Hello to everyone else!

G'morning all.

Heather, listen to Jane! She has me convinced! I agree that you didn't do any damage yesterday. You realize what is going on so that you can stop it from continueing.
What is the B&G premix that you like so much? B&G is on the agenda for tomorrow, but I don't really have time for the entire thing.

I did CK today. It moved along pretty quickly. Like Tammy, it's been a while since I've done this. Those guys are SOOO buff!

Annette, I know what you mean about the scale. Mine changes when it needs a new battery. I throws you off. But just remember that its all relative. It's not the actual number, but the net loss.(hopefully)

Have great wo's everyone. Phyllis

Phyllis

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Good Morning Jane and Phyllis and all who follow!

Today is going to be some kind of lower body circuit. Not sure what yet. I'll be back later with the report of what I did! }(

Toodles!

Good Morning Fit Chicks!

Today is B & G}( . I woke up to Lat DOMS from CK...ouch!

Jane: Enjoy your rest day.

Phyllis: I had a blast with CK...it is KenpoX on steroids!

Tig: I'm so glad you are enjoying the X!

Heather: (((HUGS)))....I echo what everyone else has already said. It would be so easy to let that negative voice in your head take over and 'talk' you into giving up. You experienced a little bump in the road. Brush yourself off and continue on my friend!

Annette: Good workout yesterday and we are all in this together.

Cassadine: CC#3 is one of my favs.

Kim: Great family workout!

Becky: Hey girl...how's it going?

Conni: Those DM drills are killer...nice substitution.

Hello to all...have a great day!

Good Morning Fitness Friends!

I've been "down" for the past 3 days with a migraine, so no workout for me.

Today I'm going to do a 45 min. bike ride or TM walk.

BIG snow & ice storm for us overnight and continuing this morning, so alllllllll the schools are closed and DD is home today.

Heather, everyone has a bad day here and there and it does NOT have to be the start of ANYTHING. It's one day and it's over and done with and today you can start over !:) ALL of us go through that , it's not just you. You are NOT alone!! Just remember that and don't be so hard on yourself . We're all in this together!!
You did a good thing helping your friend, now be as understanding with yourself.;-)

Hope everyone has a great day. Connie, are you getting this awful storm??

Hey everyone,

Did I mention that I loathe winter?????

Oh yes, Becky, I thought of you last night watching this panhandle hook make its way towards us. We are going to get nailed today and tonight, maybe tomorrow also. My DH has the snowblower all warmed up and ready to go, I just hate this stuff!!!x(

Heather - One day does not an eternity make, shake it off and move on. You cannot dwell on a failed attempt, you need to embrace the small victories instead. Don't be so quick to forget what you have achieved so far, put that in the forefront of your mind, and your motivation. In the meantime, we are all here.

Today was LIC, reminds me more and more of CW, but harder.

Have a great day, I have layermax on schedule today also. You don't know what layermax is??? It is the amount of energy expended during the hour it takes for me to get dressed to go outside in this garbage!!}(

LOL @ layermax Connie!!

I just did that. Went over to my mom & dad's house(they live in the same neighborhood) to get their paper for them (they have a very steep driveway that is covered with ice and I didn't want them to try walking down it) and it took much longer to get all the clothes on- boots, gloves, hat, coat etc. than to walk over , and I even stayed and talked for a bit. Then back to layermax again before I could come home. It is freezing rain and sleet out there right now, so I shuffled-slid all the way home.

Hey! That's shufflemax!:p :D I guess my workout is DONE~!:7

Well done Becky!!! lol!

See, I think we are talking about true endurance training. How much more of this blasted mess do we have to put up with??? See? I am working on my endurance levels!}(

How much are you guys getting? It is just starting here, nothing too bad yet..

Well, they started off saying 10" of snow, but now it has changed to mostly freezing rain and ice...and we probably have 5" of snow so far. I think it's supposed to change back to snow tonight, so if that happens, I guess we COULD get the whole 10" !

It's a real mess, with accidents ALL OVER and I plan on staying off the roads myself.

For my workout, I ended up shortening my TM walk to 30 minutes since I KNOW I'll be doing TONS of shovel max later in the day!
We do our driveway & sidewalks, My parents, his mom's and a neighbors!:eek:
We have a snowblower, but I don't think it will work in this heavy snow and ice.;(

Hello ladies. It's been a long time since I've posted here. Life has been crazy. I hurt my back and that slowed down my workouts and then my Dad had a stroke. Plus, we are building a new house that will be ready in late April/early May, so we put our current house on the market in early December, thinking it would take months to sell. Well, we sold it in 4 days, so we are now living in an apartment until the new house is ready. All excuses aside, I got off my workout routine (and eating routine for that matter), so now I am trying to get back on track. My back feels better (although it still hurts if I go running :( ), my Dad is fine, and we are settled into our apartment, which I am happy to say has enough room to do my Cathe workouts. Yippee! Anyway, I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. So, I've decided to start checking in again and get some motivation from you lovely ladies. I've popped in from time to time to lurk and grab some inspiration here and there. I've missed you all though. Hope you don't mind me creeping back in. :)

Katie

So, my first official check in for awhile... yesterday I did C&W step only and All Step cardio. Today I did KPC and it just about killed me. I'm a little out of shape. :)

Katie

WELCOME BACK KATIE!!!!!

I too had a long break away from workouts due to illness and then injury (my back too. Isn't it awful?)

Anyway, I'm just getting back to working out on a regular basis, though am still not near the intensity I was. Maybe we can help motivate and inspire eachother!?

Keep coming back because just coming in here each day has really helped me a lot. These women here are phenominal ! All very positive, FIT and fun!

I'm sure I remember you from a while back......nice to see you again. :)

Tammy,

OMG, I am LOVING it! I am tweaking it here and there to work for me but over all yes...IT'S AWESOME! Thank you! I would probably still be hemming and hawing over buying it if not for your kindness! :+

Thanks for the comments about the scale.

I honestly wanted to work out today but I had a really really horrible night with this cold and didn't get much sleep and I feel really weak today so I am taking a rest day. sigh. Not what I wanted but I think I need it.

It is snowing here and it is very pretty to watch just glad that I don't have to go out in it.

Have a great day!!:D

I just finished my work out. PHEW! I did the cardio/leg blast premix from DrillMax first and then went back and did all of the leg work again! NICE WORK OUT!}(

Have a great afternoon ladies!

>Tammy,
>
>OMG, I am LOVING it! I am tweaking it here and there to work
>for me but over all yes...IT'S AWESOME! Thank you! I would
>probably still be hemming and hawing over buying it if not for
>your kindness! :+

It's a two-way street Tig...we helped each other out and in the end we are both happy with our decisions.;)

Daily Check-in

This was a better day. It was not perfect, but it was much better than yesterday. I did get some sleep last night. I was feeling tired and lethargic when I woke up this morning, but I read the encouraging messages here and in my Ya Ya’s journal and got inspired to keep pressing on. I did not have enough energy to take on Muscle Endurance this morning, so I pulled out some fun workouts. I did the Timesaver 4 cardio (from Kick, Punch, & Crunch) followed by Supersets. After punching and kicking away my frustration, Supersets just plain made me happy. I love this workout. It is the only total body weight workout that I would hate to lose. Supersets is one of the first workouts I would replace if I lost my Cathe collection for any reason.

My little run-in with food last night is an indication of the amazing progress I have made. A few years ago, I would have binged on 3,000 calories after a little stumble like that. I have learned to fall with grace and bounce back with resilience instead of sliding down a slippery slope. No more believing the lie that I might as well wallow in sin and eat everything in sight while I am down on the ground. I am very pleased that I got back on track right away instead of succumbing to those dangerous all-or-nothing feelings of failure.

I talked to Rebecca this afternoon. You will not believe this, but she indulged in cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread with butter and cream cheese last night. We are so much alike. At least I did not add butter too! Rebecca and I are hoping to jog in the pool after work tomorrow. I bounced on my rebounder tonight.

I am ready to start wrapping up this day so I can relax and get to sleep early tonight. My eating was not as good as it could have been today because I did not pack my meals and snacks ahead of time, but I did okay considering I was flying by the seat of my pants. I ate a bowl of chili beans tonight with a tiny portion of Cabot extra sharp white cheddar cheese. I am done with cheese for a season. I will share more about that tomorrow. It is time to relax in a warm bubble bath and curl up under my favorite quilt.

Y’all are the best. You “own” a little piece of my success. Thank you for the love, hugs, encouragement, pep talks, and kicks in the butt! I appreciate the time you invest in my journey.

Jane, are there any shortbread crumbs in your bed?

Phyllis, it is the Butts and Guts leg blast premix that I adore!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.