Daily Check-in, Thursday, January 19, 2017

Ok, Annette, I came up with a little "diddy" for ya', see what you think....It's a pool combo I use a lot, it was called the Southside Shuffle,
but in my mind I changed it a little, for a low impact combo on land... Start, right leg, heel forward, toe back (leg swing type move, and
repeat,( 8 counts) then double heel tap front (still using right leg)and to the back, double tap toe ( 8 counts) then still right leg, heel tap front,
then center, then out to side, then back center (8 counts) then grapevine right (4 counts)then low jack left and right (4 counts) That's a block
of 32 counts) then repeat on left leg, front,back, front, back, then double tap front and back, then tap left foot forward,center,side,center and
grapevine left and low jack right and left. Make sense? I dunno, you might like or not, the only difference in the pool is instead of the grapevine
and 2 low jacks, in the pool, I jog sideways right 3 and hold left knee up on 4 ready to start again with left lead. As far as arms, you could do
the "pointer" move with the right arm up & down while you are tapping right foot front & back, then do it again when you tap front, center,
when you tap side you could do a jazz arm out to the side and in, and then do the normal arms with the grapevine and low jacks? If you don't
like it, maybe you can come up with your own combo using some of the moves. :)

Hi gals! New here. I'm working on learning Seasun Zieger's Stepping it Up. Got through the first combo yesterday. I also put together a mix of Party Rockin' Step 1 and 2 and Step Moves on the Workout Blender.

I did Gym Style Back, Shoulders and Biceps yesterday. My biceps are sore today!

Hi Everyone,

Hi Missy Hiett - welcome! I am not a big stepper so.... good luck!

I had to take a rest day today. I had the flu shot yesterday (when working at the hospital I have to have it or wear a mask - i chose the shot) and have been feeling like i have the flu ever since! I hope i feel better by lunch time as I am at work.

Annette - you never report being ill - do you ever fall sick? you always seem to have the energy to work out!

have a great day friends.

Hi everyone! Welcome Missy! I did Total body Trisets lower body today, then quickly added the "upper body express" to make it a complete hour. It feels weird NOT doing cardio. Have a great day people!!

peg

Morning to you all. :) Welcome Missy Hiett!! Nice to see you here.
Henriette, I do not think I have that KCM. Sounds like a good one! Love her.

Today, I did a very quick Suzanne Bowen Bis & Tris.

Take care all. Ceci, hope your mini flu doesn't keep you down for long. Afterall, Mike D is waiting for you!! ; )

Welcome Missy to our little check in. Always nice to see new people.

Today I did 25 minutes of Totally Hot Cardio with Christi Taylor to try and get new moves for my class.

Then I did 30 minutes to Fitness Kickboxing the 2nd workout, then I did the Pilates Abdominal toning segment for 19 minutes.

Thanks gals for all the suggestions I am going to write them all down and try to work them in as soon as I have the music and can listen to it.

Have a great day !

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Welcome Missy! I love step and feel so accomplished when I learn and can do a new combo! In Cathe's Low
Impact series, there is a step workout that has a combo I just love... I think it is the last combo in the workout and
The combo is about 7 min long. It took me about a week to learn it but once I "got" it, I love it. I put it in a lot
Of my step blender mixes.

Welcome Missy!

I just read your "story". Wow! Amazing. You must be so proud!

I also love step. I have loved it ever since I started with aerobics classes while at uni. Back then it was always combos joined together at the end for a longer choreo. So much fun!

I have several step dvds that I return to, both Cathe and others and always have a blast. I also love love love the step w/o's on Cathe live!

Tonight I was as predicted short on time so I did the first 6 rounds of Xtrain's Bi's and Tri's going extra heavy (for me) now that I knew I was doing a shorter premix. My legs needed a break today.

Have a gr8 night.

Ceci, I rarely get sick....of course now that I have typed that I may get proved a liar. But honestly, we are of hardy stock,LOL!

I do get sick just not very often.

Oh and Missy I am not a stepper, due to plantar faciitus (sp?)the doctor said no more stepping for me. I mostly due kickboxing.

Tonight I did 16 min. RWH Back, Biceps & Shoulders followed by 16 min. Xtrain Legs & Abs...I just love
My 16 min. Workouts...so much variety with different series' and different exercises, short & sweet :)

Today I did half of Rhythmic Step and a 50 minute bike ride on the trainer doing ten one minute intensity intervals.

Feeling really good today!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.