Daily Check-in, Thursday, February 8, 2024

Good morning girls!

Today's workouts:

YT-Coach Ali- Back & Core Weight Plate Workout - 19 min.
Blender- "Killer Legs Express" - 22 min.
Blender Add-on: "Jump Rope & KickBacks" - 11 min.

Have a good day!

Wishing everyone a great Thursday! I enjoyed reading about everyone’s Wednesday workouts. I’m getting an education on various YouTube and streaming workouts. :p I now know that you need not wear Tap dancing shoes to do Tapout and attempting it would be akin to a death wish for me. ;)

Today was Fit Tower Lean & Mean 34m, ICE Muscle Meltdown Biceps 15.5m I started with 12# weights but finished with 8#.

It will probably always be that way thanks to a tiny bit of nerve damage left over from my neck injury.

That’s the only remnant that’s left. I managed to rebalance everything else. Cathe’s newest will be great to help me maintain it all.

Another great mix Lannette with Fit Tower Lean & Mean for 34m, & ICE Muscle Meltdown Biceps- 16 min. You did all 3 FitTowers this week! Yay!

STS Meso 2, Week 1, Disc 15, Back and Biceps 54 mins

Today was a tough one. I think it’s because this was the first time I’d done back and biceps since my deload. And I’m in a calorie deficit, so maybe not the most energetic (although I felt fine). I’m used to using 20# for biceps. Today I used 20#; 15# + 2.5# wrist weights; 15#; and even 12# once we got to the end with preacher curls. No problem doing reps to failure today!

Back work was fine, but I’m still not ready to really go hard or even to failure because of the mysterious issue with my left hip. So I played it safe and used 30# for one armed rows, 30# x2 for dead lift, 25# x2 for bent rows, 25# x2 for elevated dead lifts, etc. I can certainly go heavier, but my left hip/lower back starts to ache and gets really stiff if I go much farther than that.

I noticed last night during my leg workout that the left side of my erector spinae is *considerably* larger and more developed than my right (which feels non-existent by comparison). This is pretty easily explained by my being left-handed, hoisting four babies almost exclusively on my right hip (making the left erector have to pull to compensate for the load and therefore develop), and just the everyday repetition of life (you don’t notice it, but you put the same leg in first every time you put on pants; you get up from the floor with the same leg almost every time; you turn the same way to pick things up, etc).

So functionally, I need to tinker with some things and see how to improve this hip situation. I have no idea how to strengthen the erector spinae on one side, short of just doing all my daily activities with the opposite side until it balances out?

Good job, Lannette
Fit Tower Lean & Mean 34m
ICE Muscle Meltdown Biceps

I missed the Fit Tower series when it came out and they don’t make the actual tower anymore, so I’ve never invested in the series. Do you like it?

And good job on biceps. I know what you’re doing may seem “light”, but any improvement is better than the day before. And not letting your injuries limit your attitude and grit is extremely admirable.

Linda:

What’s in Killer Legs Express? That sounds like a recipe for pain. :D
Well done!

Good Morning Everyone,

Today I did a mix of a Cathe Live for back and biceps - 42 minutes. I added on 20 minutes to Tapout XT cardio (brutal).

Great workouts so far today everyone! And Lannette - a neck injury? wow. that's amazing you've healed yourself, for the most part.

Anita - I have the fit tower but seldom pull it out due to space concerns. I just use a chair and it works just as well.

Have a great day everyone.

Anita, you are knocking STS series out of the park, today with STS Meso 2, Week 1, Disc 15, Back and Biceps 54 mins WTG!

What’s in Killer Legs Express? That sounds like a recipe for pain. :D
Killer Legs is great, my favorite of the 4 new ones. It has new exercises, and combos of
exercises and the warmup & cooldown stretch is great!

Siobhan, nice workout this morning as well, Cathe Live for back and biceps - 42 minutes
& 20 min more of Tapout XT…..nice long workout….

Happy pre-Friday ladies:)

Linda- Great job on all those fun workouts with:

Nicely done with all your workouts, high fives and WTG! Have a nice day:)

Lannette- Ooh fun workout today with:

Fit Tower Lean & Mean 34min
ICE Muscle Meltdown Biceps 15.5m I started with 12# weights but finished with 8#. Awesome job today! Have a great day;)

Anita- Wow! You are nailing STS Meso with:

STS Meso 2, Week 1, Disc 15, Back and Biceps 54 mins Bravo! Nice weights and increases, you go girl!
Have a wonderful day;)

Siobhan- Happy pre-Friday:) Excellent workout today with:

a mix of a Cathe Live for back and biceps=- 42 min
Plus added on 20 mins Tapout XT cardio

WTG & high fives!!:)

Here's today's workouts:

Les Mills Combat- Power Kata= 45 Min
YT- Kaleigh Cohen Strength- 40-minLOWER BODY SCULPT Strength Training= 47 Min
KCM 30MTF- CardioFit- Cardio Hi/Lo - No Dumbbells= 19 Min

Have a great pre-Friday:)

Nora

Hi ladies,

Late start, slept in longer than normal. Made it to the gym for an 85 minute circuit and went heavy on the sled for a new record of 708 pounds. It was a bear to push but I got it started and I pushed it!!

Went heavier on chest press and shoulder seated clean and press everything else was about my norm. Finished with floorwork for abs, legs and glutes with a stretch.

Nice workouts everyone!

Gotta run some errands.

Nice selection of workouts Nora! Les Mills Combat- Power Kata= 45 Min
YT- Kaleigh Cohen Strength- 40-minLOWER BODY SCULPT Strength Training= 47 Min
KCM 30MTF- CardioFit- Cardio Hi/Lo - No Dumbbells= 19 Min. Good for you!

Annette, another long 85 minute circuit at the gym today! Nice !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.