Daily Check in TGIF Feb 23

pwmatt

Cathlete
WOO HOO it's Friday!

Its starting off great. I slept all night without a hot flash! (been getting them for a couple of weeks now). I woke up to find the DH found my digital camera which has been lost since Oct. He has since gotten me another one. To top things off, today I did IMAX2. Need I say more? http://bestsmileys.com/happy/5.gif[/img]

So, Jane do you upper body or lower body doms today?

Wendy, where is your family vacation this year? Ours is still in the works. We have gone to Sea Isle City for years now, but I think we need a change.

Tammy,was PH tough after LIC? I was pleasantly suprised with PH. Since I hadn't done it for awhile, I couldn't remember it. It was my first Cathe strength wo.

I hope everyone who was feeling sick is better today. Have a great day.

Phyllis

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Good Morning Fit Chicks!

:7:7:7 TGIF :7:7:7

I'm still in head cold misery, but today I am going to attempt C & W. At some point I have to make up L & G and KPC.

Phyllis: HAPPY Day for you! :7 PH was tough after LIC, especially all those squats and lunges....my legs were fried.

Thanks all for the well wishes, I'll check back later.

Good Morning.

Phyllis, So glad the camera was found and that you got to do IMAX2. I miss my Cathe time. :-( So we are going to Myrtle Beach this year with DH's sisters and some of his BIL's family. Big group! We've done wildwood with them and it's a pretty good time.

Tammy, Go easy on your work today girl. I hope you make it through. Feel better. (((hugs)))

Well after spin I thought I'd wake up this morning and not be able to walk but so far so good. I think yoga last night did the trick. Really loosened things up for me. I may still get sore but it shouldn't be nearly as bad as I had initially expected....I have to do Legs and Back today so IT CAN'T BE!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Toodles!:)

Good Morning Phyllis, Tammy and Wendy and all who follow!

Where are you Jane??? Hope all is well.

Phyllis....you are DUE a great day!!:D I've started with the hot flashes too so I know exactly what you're talking about. ack!:eek: ;(

Tammy, hope you can rest this weekend and pamper yourself a bit. Drink lots of fluids and relax.

Wendy, good job on the spinning!

I haven't picked out a workout yet. Imax 2 sounds WONDERFUL , It's probably my all time favorite Cathe workout but I know I'd have to modify like crazy.....and I did step yesterday. Maybe a walk or bike ride and some weights.....
will let you know what I decide.

Just am so glad it's FRIDAY!!!
We are only going to be in the 30's today. :( What happened to the big warm up they kept telling us about??

Anyway, TGIF girls!!!!

Good morning gang!

I'm here Becky! I'm just off work today due to working this weekend and I've been puttering around this morning. I am getting ready to start my workout and get that over with so I can go down and see the pictures and video of my grandson! DIL and DS had one of those 3-D ultrasounds done yesterday... she sent me some pics over IM last night and they are amazing!!! He has DIL's nose and my DS's little chubby cheeks that he had when he was born. He is just precious! He had his foot in his mouth at one point and was holding it in his mouth with both hands!! Can you believe it!? The things they can do these days!

I'm getting ready to do spend some quality time with Coach Sean (big sigh huh Tammy and Becky!!) for my 45 min interval run and then do PH. Oh yes.... I was a very bad girl last night and didn't do a thing.. now I'm two days behind. I think I have it figured out though... run and PH today, L&G tomorrow, ME the next, then IMAX 3 and BC... ME after L&G doesn't sounds as bad as ME after PH. It may not sound as bad... I'll let you know how it feels!}(

I'd better get my chatty self in there on the TM.... Sean is waiting for me!:7

Have a good one!

Jane! Good to see you here. :) I was missing you!
That is so amazing that you have gotten to "meet" your grandson before he is even born!!!! That's so cool !

I did PP upperbody premix (46 min.) and am going to walk on the TM.
Will save a workout with Sean for the weekend and just do a good , SS power walk this morning. Tell Sean I said Hi !!

;-)

Hey everyone,

Well, we made it to Friday!

Today was C & W, that one always has a high fun factor for me.

Becky - I am with you. It is supposed to be 27 degrees here today, and with the wind it just feels cold!

Have a good day!

Phyllis, you are having a great day, may it spill over into the weekend also.

I took the day off, I can't seem to find a happy medium for my body, sometimes I think I exercise too much or at least at too high of an intensity for too many days thus impeding my weight loss efforts.

So I did errands and grocery shopped today and took the day off from formal exercise.

Hope you all have a great weekend.:) :7

Hi all,

Phyllis, great looking workout. Now you have cameras for both of you. Or an extra one incase something goes wrong with the other.

Tammy, use your strength to get better faster.

Wendy, glad you didn't have doms today. Let us know how you did on legs and back.

Becky, great choices on your exercises.

Jane, you bad girl, you need a spanking.LOL:D Have a great workout.

Conni, I also really like C&W.

Annette, just continue to listen to your body, you are doing great.

I'm not up to par with Cathe yet (did Gym Style back shoulders, and biceps), but did really well. I can tell, because the muscles I worked are now shaking. OY! I didn't post the #'s because I changed to modify so often, and really don't remember. I worked hard though.

Warm Up
BACK
Dumbbell Row Reverse Grip #1
Dumbbell Row Reverse Grip #2
Dumbbell Row Reverse Grip #3
Dumbbell One Arm Row #1
Dumbbell One Arm Row #2
Band T-Back Squeeze
Barbell Pullovers #1
Barbell Pullovers #2
MODIFIED BACK EXTENSIONS (lower back)
Prone Back Side Rotations (lower back)

SHOULDERS
Dumbbell Overhead Press #1
Dumbbell Overhead Press #2
Dumbbell Overhead Press #3
Dumbbell Lateral Raise #1
Dumbbell Lateral Raise #2
Band Lateral Raise
Band Front Raise
Dumbbell Rear Fly #1
Dumbbell Rear Fly #2
Band Rear Delt Raise

BICEPS
Barbell Curls #1
Barbell Curls #2
Dumbbell Curls
Dumbbell Concentration Curls #1
Dumbbell Concentration Curls #2
Dumbbell Curl Up
Wrist Turn Lower Down
Dumbbell Hammer Curls
Dumbbell Wrist Curls #1
Dumbbell Wrist Curls #2
Stretch

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible.

http://www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

Sorry I haven't been around in a few days. I did get LIC done on Tuesday but it was late by the time I finished and I didn't get a chance to post. Wednesday was a scheduled rest day and then Thursday somehow became a rest day as well.Kids had lots of evening activities that kept me busy. I think my body did need the rest because I had a great workout day today and made two fitness goals that I haven't been able to achieve in the last year. During PH I did all the push ups on my toes and then afterwards I did a 30 minute interval run and then did a mile at 6.5 mph. This use to be a normal speed for me but the last year I was running mostly at 5.5 just couldn't seem to get to the same speed. I was happy with both accomplishments;-) ;-)

I hope all the sickies are feeling better soon!

I'm jealous of reading about the roadtrip plans I can't imagine being able to go. I have to go to Newfoundland in July with work and we were going to make that into a family holiday which will be expensive. Kim

Daily Check-in

Praise God for Fridays! After my quiet time this morning, I bounced on my rebounder then endured one more super stressful day at work. I was craving chocolate! I resisted the temptation but later indulged in peanut butter cookies (with no hydrogenated oil or high fructose corn syrup).

I did the stability ball segments of Total Body Stretching and relaxed at home tonight. I received the Hare and Maximum Cardio from a trade today and started previewing the Hare tonight. The ballroom dance segments look like fun. I expect to enjoy this one, but it will definitely be a recovery week workout. It is not Cathe intense by any stretch of the imagination. Of course, I did not expect it to be. I just wanted the ballroom dance segments for lighter weeks. I am planning to attend Beth Moore’s simulcast at a local church tomorrow. I am very excited about that. I am also excited about the possibility of attending the Cathe Road Trip this summer. I do not want to celebrate until Cathe announces the dates and I have a registration confirmation in my inbox. I have a feeling that this will sell out fast.

Tomorrow will be a busy day. I want to attend the Saturday night worship service this week because it will be our discipleship pastor’s last night with us, and we are having a reception for him.

Conni, I love what I have watched so far! I was surprised to receive this package today. I hope your videos get there soon.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.