Daily check-in TGIF!!! 12-1

luvtorun

Cathlete
Good morning!

Today I hope to get to my first CC. I have some things planned this afternoon, DH has a dr. appt and I am going with him so that will tie up my afternoon after I get off work at 3. Then some errands to run and out to get. I hope to get all my CD's today. I downloaded vol. 1 last night, a bonus they provide to get you started sooner.

Tammy - thanks for the offer of assistance with the IPOD. I have no doubt I'll need it! There is so much STUFF on there. I do have a question though but I'll wait until I've actually used it and ask, I may have more!

Happy Friday!!!

TGIF indeed!!

Jane - congrats on finishing the rotation!

Susan - are yoru girls better? How old are they? I'm having bad memories of when my 3 were home, sick at the same time. Calgon - take me away!!

Conni - thanks for the info. This whole college application thing is no fun for any of us. I'm looking forward to late Spring when everything is mostly decided and handled. We can focus on graduation(DS, HS; DD, 8th grade) and the after parties!

Heather - my feelings regarding the new wo's are the same as yours.Oh, and I DON'T LIKE squat thrusts either!

I'll do SS this evening and DM tomorrow. I like Cathe's Dec rotation. She listened to everyone by combining GS and new. She also kept everything to an hour.

Have a great day! Phyllis

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Good Morning Fit Chicks!

:7 :7 :7 TGIF:7:7:7

This morning is Drill Max:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jane: See ya' in the workout!;)

Phyllis: I looked quickly at the December rotation...it looks like a winner!

Hello to all that follow....have a great day!

Daily Check-in

Good morning! This is my planned rest day. I have been having a blast with the new workouts. I decided to do a Slow and Heavy rotation in December with cardio premixes from the new workouts on my cardio days. I want to do Butts and Guts as well as Gym Style Legs because I like those workouts better than the Slow and Heavy Legs workout. I did my first Slow and Heavy rotation last December and really like those workouts this time of year. The minute of rest after every set is very calming. I planned my own rotation, but Cathe’s December rotation looks great! I already decided to switch my rest day to Sunday in December, so her rotation would work for me. I have Gym Style Legs but do not have the upper body workouts from that series. Do you think I could substitute the Slow and Heavy upper body workouts? Did you read Cathe’s comment about the New Year’s rotation. Yes, she will get us! :7 I am planning to clean my living room this weekend, rest Sunday morning, and start my new rotation Monday morning.

Jane, great job with the November rotation!

Phyllis, the squat thrusts in Drill Max are a little more bearable if you put your hands on your step instead of the floor! They are still not my idea of fun! We have been on the same schedule most of this week, but I am planning to do the Body Max 2 boot camp premix tomorrow morning.

Tammy, thanks for visiting the Violets last night! Wendy and I were lonely. Have fun with Drill Max. I will be waiting for your report.

Conni, do you have a game plan of any kind? I am curious because you have so many workouts and so much variety in your rotation. Do you decide what to do ahead of time or just do what sounds like fun that day?

Susan, I hope your girls are feeling better. I am keeping your family in my prayers. Has it warmed up there yet? It is still cold in Texas! I will join you for a cup of Bengal Spice herb tea.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Daily Check-in

Good Morning Ladies!

GSBS&B for me today. Then it's off for a Christmas shopping marathon!

TOODLES!

RE: Daily Check-in

Hi everyone,

Heather - Wow, you are observant! Actually, I do try to follow Cathe's rotations for the most part, but I like to intersperse other workouts that are of the same type as what Cathe asks for, but I can't do just one instructor all the time, I get bored really easily!
This month I didn't want to to the New Series rotation, ( again, too much of the same thing for a whole month), so I am kind of doing my own thing. I do focus on cardio for fat loss, then I kind of fill in the blanks:

For instance:

Monday - MIS
Tuesday - Imax 3
Wednesday - DM
Thursday - Amy APX upper body and B & G lower body and abs
Today - Amy KBX.

I never go two days in a row without cardio, I need to keep my metabolism up, and then I try to switch off strength training with toning workouts.
Tomorrow for instance, will probably be a circuit workout again, then Sunday a Step workout ( because KBX is considered more of a hi/lo type, and I try not to do the same type of cardio all the time either, so I alternate most of the time.)

Now, I will try to follow the December rotation, but I will throw in another instructor when I feel the boredom threatening. Next week it calls for a DM premix, then another DM premix the next week. I know I will do maybe Christi or Seasun to sub for one of those, just to shake things up a bit and keep a level of variety. I will also fill in a blank on an OFF day, depending on what is "missing". I know I will do a cardio on week 1, because the day before calls for weight work.
A day that calls for running is always a hi/lo day substitution as well!

Feel free to pm me if you want to follow along with what I do, I usually have the week pretty much lined up ahead of time, just to keep myself organized. I just find that keeping my body doing different things is a real key to burning fat for me.

Have a great day!:)

Hi gals,

I did select exercises for upper body off of the Pure Strength series (decided to give the Slow and Heavy ones a break today) then did MIS abs. I was stronger on bicep for the concentration curls today so that was a plus.

Have a great weekend.:7 :D

My Drill Max Experience:

OH....MY.....GOD! I found this workout INTENSE, CHALLENGING, EXHAUSTING AND FUN!!!!

Drill#1: I thought this drill was just so much fun, even though I was gasping for breath by the end of it! The LB/UB workouts were challenging with room for both improvement and growth. I was feeling all smug as we cooled down a bit and then Cathe informs me that each successive drill WILL get harder (in her oh-so-nice Cathe voice}( }( ). At this point I KNOW I'm in trouble....holy sh*t!!!!

Drill#2: Okay, I survive the cardio portion, although I am huffin' and puffin'! The LB section with the plie squats (I love plie squats, btw) leaves my inner thighs burning and me yelling for mercy! The band work for the UB I quite enjoy...and then....the divebomber pushups and core plank pushups....OY VAY! I manage the divebomber pushups (these were in 90x too), but the core plank pushups leave my upper body resembling a plate of jello!

Drill#3: I liked this one! I think I need a smaller stability ball though. This section did exactly what it was supposed to, bring my heart rate up! By now, I AM A SWEATY MESS! I look as though I walked through the car wash. The wall squats w/5# DB's - well they were pretty killer but I loved how they made my legs burn. I will have to raise my weights next time for the bicep section. I was nice to myself today:7

Drill#4: This was a lot of fun and my heart rate was where it was supposed to be. The LB work on this section is amazing...a real butt burner all around! Now, the push-ups on the ball is another story. My hands were a sweaty mess and just kept slipping off the ball...well ~ that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Drill#5: Killer heart-pounding cardio...if you give it your all, which I did! The LB walking lunges just added to the heart pounding fun (bleeps the foul language that was uttered at this point). The UB shoulder section was a much needed break in the action.

Drill#6: Okay...this was just all out fun! The music matched the drill perfectly. I'm thinking I'm going to be A-OK! And then our dearest Cathe throws in Squat-Thrusts combined with tuck jumps. Now I'm startin' to think I'm not going to make it....I do...but it isn't pretty! The last UB section includes tricep dips using the ball (much more do-able for me than the push-ups) see-saw tricep pushups :)7) and plank pushups using dumb bells (these were hard).

I did it....I made it through and although I am a sweaty mess I can't wait to do it again. I burned nearly 600 calories and I know where I have to make some modifications and where I can go heavier on weights.

I really found Drill Max harder than both BM#2 and LIC....I guess I need to work on my endurance!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.