Daily Check In Sunday, March 4, 2007......

Conni

Cathlete
Good morning everyone,

Tammy - What is the latest news? I hope it is good..

Becky - Okay, now you've gone and done it. It is really cold and snowy today...we are back into winter, aren't we??:+

Today was ME, still trying to figure out what rotation to start tomorrow... I guess I am still bummed about Cathe's March offering..

Oh well, onward to church. Have a great day!

Good Morning Fit Chicks!

Yesterday they had Mom VERY heavily sedated. The readings they were getting indicated to them that she was experiencing some pain, so in addition to the sedation meds they started a morphine drip. She did seem to have a more comfortable day. She is no better...no worse.

I slept longer than I wanted to this morning, so I am off to do S&H shoulders/bi's/tri's and then I'm heading back to the hospital. My Dad sits by her side night and day. My sister and I try to split shifts so that one of us is always with him.

Thank you for your continued prayers. You will never know how much you have all touched my heart.:*

Tammy - I am continuing to pray for your mother and your whole family.

Conni - I had an idea before I went to sleep last night so haven't really been able to look into it with the rotations. I'm still leaning towards a recovery month for March but an interesting idea would be to mishmosh rotations. I've done this before and really liked it. I was thinking of a rotation with one week of high intensity, say a week from the January 2006 rotation (remember that little gem;) ) and a week from the March 2007 rotation and then back to a week of the January one. Trying to think of "shocking" the body in new ways. I'll have to look at the actual workouts to see how it would work.

Have a good one everyone.

Oh, my workout today is MIC and I may slip in LIS too.

Good Morning!

Tammy, thank you for keeping us posted! I know your time is short, since you are spending all your time at the hospital. Just know that prayers are continuing. I am glad they are controlling your mom's pain better now.

Connie, I woke up to SNOW ON THE GROUND! Everything is covered but the roads !! I'm about ready to hop a plane and go SOUTH! This is getting old!!:-(

Yesterday I did CC #3 and LOVED it !! Today I'll try to fit in a workout but if not , it'll just be my rest day before starting the March rotation.

Have a good one !:)

Becky, I have a spare bedroom! It is only suppose to be 48 here today but sunny and we are going to get 60's and sun the rest of the week!

I looked at the Jan/06 rotation and the Mar/07 rotation and they look like they will mesh fine. Oh my... reading over that Jan/06 brought back memories! I still have nightmares about that one!:p

ETA - Heather, I just read your post from last night. I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well again. Hopefully, you will wake up today feeling better.

Me too Phyllis.
Just rest and pamper yourself today.

Jane, what do you mean by the O6 and 07 rotations meshing?
Are you combining them somehow to make your own rotation?

My knee is hurting a little today. Maybe it was the hill climbs and sprints in CC? Anyway, I may end up riding the bike or resting because I don't think step is in my best interest today.

Connie, it was 17 degrees when I got up and then ran a few errands and some of the roads were covered with snow, and salt trucks were out!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: x(

Jane, are you sure about that extra room?????? ;) :7

Becky... yes, one week of the 3/07 rotation, then one week of the 1/06 rotation, etc.... I like the idea but still not quite sure I'm not going to use the entire March rotation as a recovery period. I am going to start week 1 of the March rotation next week and depending on how I feel at that time, I'll decide what to do about meshing the rotation. Sounds like a good idea though, one week low, one week high. I'm pretty sure Cathe has a low/high rotation but I believe on that one you push hard for two weeks, then lighten up the last two.

Jane,

This idea of yours sounds plausible to me. I have it in my head to do DM tomorrow, so I think I will sub that for the BC + Imax 2 intervals, it actually works pretty well for that combo, don't you think?? I guess that puts me in the 1st week of Jan 06.

Conni,

Did you do the Jan '06 rotation with us at the time it was put out? It seems like you were one of the gang that huffed and puffed and passed out through that entire month! ;)

I'll start with the March rotation on Wednesday and if you are going to do it, I'll try to dive into the Jan 06 rotation the following Wed... (what in the world am I getting myself into}( :p )! That is one wicked rotation but maybe every other week won't be so bad.:p

Mom update: Mom took a turn for the better today and for the first time her doctor expressed some optimism. Thank you for all of your continued thoughts and prayers.

Thank God !

I'm so happy to hear that Tammy!!!!

I will pray she continues to improve and feel better.

You hang in there too! ((((((hugs )))))))

Daily Check-in

This was my rest day. I slept late this morning, meditated on the Psalms, worked on my Breaking Free Bible study, and got ready for church. Thankfully, a deacon met me at my car with a golf cart because I was too tired to walk to the building. I decided after a few minutes that I was too tired to be there at all, so I returned home and took a long nap. I felt good enough to do my grocery shopping later this afternoon.

I was not hungry all day. I snacked on fruit and raw Brazil nuts late this afternoon and enjoyed a steaming hot bowl of steel-cut oatmeal with natural peanut butter and raw honey tonight. I managed to do one load of essential laundry. Other than that, I did not accomplish much of anything.

I am steaming some brown rice for tomorrow. As soon as it is ready, I need to finish packing my meals and snacks, relax in a warm bubble bath, and call it a day. I am hoping that I will have enough energy to do Low Max in the morning. I am planning to make every effort to stick with my rotation as closely as possible. There is no time for down time in March!

Tammy, praise God for the good report. I prayed when I was awake today. I will keep you and your mother in my thoughts and prayers.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.