Daily Check-In Saturday March 15

CathydsRNA

Cathlete
Good morning everyobe,

Last night: StepMax

Really like doing this workout but has to be done on an 8 inch step or higher to feel it. My legs feel so tight when I am finished and my heart rate gets way up there for longer times. What are your thoughts?

Have a great weekend.

Good Morning Cathy and all who come after

Today is a day off for me. We have our first barmitzvah of my sons friend today. (Not family or DH or my friends- hope that makes sense:) ) Looking forward to it, they are using the same DJ we are next year so it will be fun!

Cathy~I use an 8' step, but not higher for Step max and that works for me.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Deanie

Daily Check-in

Good morning! I am crashing your check-in to let you know that I talked to Tammy last night. She is alive and well but super busy.

Conni, have you tried Christi’s new dance workout? Is it fun? Have you tried the new CIA workout with “tapless” in the title? I have never heard of the instructor, but the clip at Collage looks like it is full of the spins I love. I am craving cardio again and would love to find a new dancy workout (step or hi-lo). Kari Anderson’s DanceWorks is my favorite dancy hi-lo workout. Have you found anything similar? I wish Kari would produce more workouts or at least put DanceWorks on DVD.

Have a fun weekend! :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Daily Check-in

Hey Gals!

I think I'll be doing HIS cardio only and CM.

Cathy, I like using the 8in step but it is hard on my legs. I don't do it that frequently. I use it for LM and LIC, but not for BM2 like Cathe does. I have tried it with RS and that was HARD! I think I get just as much out of the routines with a 6in step.

Deanie, have fun at the bar mitzvah. Is the party right after the service or is it tonight?

Heather, thanks for the Tammy update. I also contacted her b/c I was a ltitle worried.

Off to step!

Phyllis
I have to exercise early in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing :)

http://www.rykat.org/forums/style_emoticons/default/arrowhead.png

http://dv.daisypath.com/WS67m5.png

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Day off for me today !

I'm glad to hear Tammy is okay! I was starting to get worried! Thanks Heather and Phyllis !:D

Becky

Hi everyone,

Heather, great to hear from you and thanks for the Tammy news.
No, I didn't get the new Christi, the reviews were okay, but alot of tifting was mentioned, and you know how I love that..x( I am still not completely put off on it, but I may wait for some kind of sale..
I did order the Tapless step workout from CIA, hopefully will have that next week sometime. I also got Gays and both of the new Amy workouts. Of course I will be giving my totally biased opinion on all of these!}(

Today was Amy's APX Lower Body premix, the core and stretch from 4DS LIS instead of PLB.

Tomorrow is a rest day, but I will be doing some cardio, you can count on that!

Taking DS to see Horton today, I am looking forward to it.

Daily Check-in

Conni, I will be looking for your review of the “tapless” workout. Is that a new instructor? If I find a copy of Christi’s DVD on a swap list and try it, I will let you know what I think. I am with you on the TIFTing. I love the choreography in her Cardio Collectibles DVD but do every other song to avoid half the repetition. If only all DVDs had a “challenge” like Step Blast so we can skip to the finished combos once we know the choreography. I love Cathe’s 4-Day Split step workouts with very little breakdown, but I am not expecting to see anything like that again because most people seem to like more repetition and teaching time. What can I say? I have a short attention span. I love the step segment of Step, Jump, & Pump because Cathe does not stick with any combo for too long. :) I previewed the Rob Glick slanted step workout last night (that comes with the slanted risers) and did not click with him. I was expecting more creativity and complexity, but this is a demo workout. It may be more fun than it looks, so I need to try it before I give up on it. I also fell asleep during the preview, so I need to finish watching it. ;-) By the way, I have read that Christi does a lot of “stripper” moves in her new workout. :eek: When you do the “tapless” workout, please let me know about the music, choreography, TIFTing (hopefully lack of), and overall fun factor!

Hugs to Phyllis and Becky. I miss y’all. Please tell Jane that I am keeping her and her husband in my prayers. :*

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Well, today is a rest day for me also. My weight dropped again after I did weights only yesterday. My doctor says I need cardio for my triglycerides to come down yet my body loses weight on weights only and no cardio. I can't win. I may go back to 3 days of weights and 2 days of cardio and see how that goes. This cardio everyday is hard on my body anyway at least my feet.

Have a great weekend, I am off today also because we are going to my sil's house to celebrate my mil and my birthdays which are only 2 days apart.:)

Heather,

Yes, keep me posted on what you find out. I am getting so disappointed lately in the lack of good hi/lo out there. Everything is either athletic or kickboxing. I had been reading that Christi thought choreography was getting too complex for the audience, which really puts me off. Haven't enough things been "watered" down to cater to the masses? I want a challenge! Right now Amy seems like the only one on the market that remotely resembles a decent hi/lo instructor, but she leans to the athletic side most of the time.

Annette, I think a blend of cardio and weights would be a good jump start to your body right now. Go for it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.