Daily Check in Mon Mar 5

pwmatt

Cathlete
good morning all -

I'm back to work today, but not back to exercise. Since I've eaten so little this weekend, I didn't think it would be wise to WO. Thanks for your wishes everyone.

Tammy, I'm so thrilled bout your mom. I hope that she continues to improve.

Jane, that Jane 06 rotation is a killer. I remember we talked about this one before. I actually did do it, but I was only working out 5days/week then, so I guess I didn't get the full brunt of it. Since then I've been trying to get 6 days in but it doesn't always happen.
I think I will do Fitness Freak's Feb rotation. It's endurance and nuscle defining. Anyone else interested in this one?

Phyllis

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Good morning Phyllis and all that follow!

I'm so glad too that Tammy's mom is on the upswing!:)

Phyllis - I do remember you were in on that one too. I know Kali was and I think Wendy too. It was definitely an experience, working out 90 minutes a day full tilt. I said yesterday that I'd do alternating weeks with the March rotation since Conni is doing it, but I'm wavering. I've read it a few more times and just not sure I want to do there! I don't have fond memories of that one!}(

Today is Muscle Max. I did MIC yesterday and was totally wiped after it so didn't do LIS. DS and DIL came up so no time anyway, but I couldn't have pulled it off even if I had not had company. MIC just takes it right outta me! Today is the last day of the rotation and I start the March one Wednesday.

Have a good one!

Good Morning Phyllis & Jane, and everyone else of course!!!;-)

I'm glad you're feeling better Phyllis! And it's probably a smart move to rest one more day.

Jane, give your body a recovery (sort of) month if you feel it would be beneficial. (and yourself a mental break!!)
Read Shock your body on the top of the month of February in the Cathe calender!!!;-)

I am going to attempt the March rotation and want to start today.
Believe it or not, I have a sore knee. I was limping around yesterday and today I still feel it but it's not as bad and it's not swollen or anything like that. So I'll see how I feel as I start LIC.
Hopefully , I can "work out " whatever is going on . I'm sick of illness and injury!! (oh, and snow and cold too!:eek: ;( )

How can the weekend be over already???:-(

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Connie, I keep forgetting to thank you for responding with all the great suggestions for new step workouts. I copied it and am going to use it when I am ready to buy a few new ones! Thanks!!!:D

Good Morning Everyone!

Today is the start of Phase 3 of the X! I can't believe it!:+

I have Chest and Back/ARX on tap. I am considering a run as well.

Have a great day!:)

Good Morning Fit Chicks!

This morning will be KPC and then I'm heading back to the hospital. Thank you again for all of your prayers and please keep them coming!

Phyllis: Good for you for listening to your body. I'm glad your feeling a little better.

Jane: I'm going to have to look up that Jan '06 rotation for future reference. MM is such a great total body workout.

Becky: I'm sorry your knee is hurting you. I'm sick of the cold weather too...but we are almost through the winter.

Tig: How was your weekend?

Hello to all that follow....I'll check back in later. Have a great day!

Good morning!

Tammy - Have a good day, I hope it is a calm one and that your Mother is comfortable.

Becky - No need for thanks, I love to share fun workouts!:)

Jane - Wavering??? Come on, I am going to be doing what I can of the January gig, I don't have that much time, so I modified it when it first came out. I just don't see how an entire month of recovery is beneficial, I guess, I am too much a glutton for punishment!:+

Anyways, speaking of modifying, I said I was going to do DM, so I did. Talk about substitutions right off the bat!

Have a great day

I'm back. I did LIC upperbody premix (65) min. and Amy Bento's ab#1 (from abs & stretch).

It was a really good workout and my knee made it through!

:D

Hi all,

From what I read I take it Tammy's mom is doing better, I am glad to hear that.

I have a new plan for this week, last week I only did cardio 3 days and nothing on the other days. So this week I am doing cardio 3 day (M-W-F) and weights only on Tuesday, Thursday and hopefully Sat. no cardio on those days. I have lost this week so that is good I am working on portion control which seems to be a bigger issue with me than I realized.

My dh is in New Orleans this week with a group from our church doing some demolision or rebuilding of houses affected by Katrina. They drove down from MD on Sat. spent the night in Meredian, MS and continue for another 3 hours on Sunday to Covington, LO.

I have applied for some weekend jobs because we need more money to make ends meet, so I now have an interview on my birthday (the 13th) at 9 am. Please pray that it goes well, it isn't quite enough money and not an many hours as I would need to make our ends like each other but it is a start. I haven't worked in 14 years.

Thanks and sorry for the novel.

Have a great day!!:7

Hi Annette,

How great for you DH to volunteer this time and energy that way! Our church is sending a group down sometime later this month I think.
Good luck with the job interview. I don't know how we would function if both my DH and I didn't work. Believe me, I wish it was not the reality, but living expenses are high, no matter how you have to manage it.

Take care,

Okay, work out is done. I went to the gym tonight and did a new Itread 40 min work out after completing the X work outs. This new Itread is SUPER tough! OMG!}( I am glad I am done. I feel very accomplished.

Tammy, my weekend was lots of fun. I indulged in several drinks on saturday with LUNCH! OH MY! lol The show saturday night was funny as anything! We saw Howie Mandell! He's awesome! Prayers and hugs to your mom!:)

Daily Check-in

I am confident that I am dealing with allergies from the dust storm because Benadryl at night is knocking it out. It knocks me out too, which is why I only take it at night. I slept like a baby last night and woke up this morning feeling good enough to give Low Max a whirl. I did not give it my all, but I enjoyed a fun workout. My legs got worked out for sure. I love, love, love Low Max. It has fun choreography with a few new moves or new twists on old favorites. I simply adore the reverse mambos and mambos in different directions. There are enough pivots and turns in this one to keep me happy as well. This is a delightful workout. I prefer the intensity of IMAX3, but this is good for a change.

I endured another stressful day at work. My eating was clean again today, so stress eating is not an issue for me right now. My meals and snacks are packed for tomorrow. It is time to enjoy a warm bubble bath, take another Benadryl, and recharge for Muscle Max tomorrow morning.

Tammy, I am still praying.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.