CTX Upper Body Compilation

D

donna

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-01-02 AT 03:46PM (Est)[/font][p]Oh my! I am in love with upper body workouts...but this one should come with a warning label. DO THIS ONLY ON VERY STRONG DAYS!!! Yikes - it works me out like no other tape I own. I can only say this: "If you are an upper body queen, this tape with be your crowning glory." There were sections in the tape where I had to forego the last set of reps for each side. I wasn't prepared for the intensity and I'm a Cathe-ite from way back. Even if you have the entire CTX series, this compilation is worth adding. The package recommends using Leaner Legs on an opposing day.

Does anyone else who purchased CTX Upper Body feel the same way? I'll be ready for it next time - weight modifications and so forth but I have a new favorite Cathe tape!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

I have the CTX DVD and have been doing all the upper body portions and adding on PS floor leg work and Abs to get a total upper body. I made the mistake of doing that this morning and then swimming my laps two hours later. I had such a burn on butterfly, there is no way I will do that again!! I do the CTX/PS combo one day, and then Power Hour as my second weight workout in the week. I just finished doing six weeks of PS and want a endurance workout for a while. My husband tried CTX upper body in its entirety and said he could not move his arms for a week!!

Dorothy

I just love this workout. This morning I did the CTX Power Circuit cardio and then the CTX Upper Body. It was awesome! I got a total body workout...so MAYBE (and then, maybe not...), I can rest tomorrow...however, I am itching to do the All Step vid.:)

I do agree that CTX is intense. I can do everything except the chest and tricep push ups...I just fast forward! Hey, I know my limitations!

I have the whole CTX series and I do agree its worth buying this compilation of the upper body exercises. I will be getting the same series in DVD someday, too!

Blessings from Our Home to Yours, Runathon

I just got CTX Upper Body last Friday and tried it that evening. Unbelievable! I've been using PS and SH and doing some heavy weight training on my own with a Total Gym and this workout absolutely blew me away. And I didn't do but maybe half of it. Yikes!

I'm looking forward to working my way up to doing the whole thing, (I had to do this with LL, too) then increasing weight. I plan to alternate it w/Leaner Legs for a couple of weeks, then spend a couple of weeks on PS and SH. I'm seeing great results!

Angela

. I
>made the mistake of doing
>that this morning and then
>swimming my laps two hours
>later. I had such
>a burn on butterfly, there
>is no way I will
>do that again!!
>

Hi Dorothy,
I am happy to see another swimmer on this board! I swim to crosstrain, but can only get to the pool 1-2 times a week. I just started swimming again after a year off after jaw surgery. It feels so good to be back in the water! How much do you swim? How do you work it in with weights etc.. What else do you do for cardio? I am nursing a bum knee--I had to quit running, and am starting to think that I need to quit stepping for awhile and try spinning in addition to swimming. Anyhow, I love hearing how people fit their pool time in. Regards, Janet
P.S. Nothing feels as good as butterfly!

Hi all!
Had to add my .02 about CTX upper. I used to do all of CTX upper using the CTX vids. Well, little did I realize how much of a rest I was getting by just taking the time to rewind one tape before I started another vid doing the next weight segment. I recently ordered CTX upper and boy, oh boy, was I ever surprised!!:-wow I thought I was an endurance queen. Let me tell you, when you have no rest in between body parts, you enter a whole new world! It's so much fun, though!!!:D

Sherry

I just got this compilation last week. I swear I was sore for days after this workout. This week I'm doing it over two days. Today I did Back, Chest, and Shoulders. I'm actually sore in my lats today. I've never been sore in that area before. So tomorrow Bi's and Tri's. I can't wait for the new upper body split.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.