Crock Pot

So Cynthia, how was the Italian Beef? I've been thinking about trying it?!

It was great!! The meat was so tender, it fell apart when I scraped it with the fork. The flavor was excellent. I ate it right out of the crock pot. My boys put it on French bread and added some provel cheese. It was gone in 2 days.
I highly recommend this recipe. The reviews were spot on:)

Excellent - I will give it a try. Today I've got Beef in Pomegranate Sauce on that was posted on crockpot365.blogspot.com. She said it was the best homemade sauce she had ever made!

Beef in Pomegranate Sauce

I read nothing but how GREAT this was but in my opinion it was anything but. I ate it but my husband apologized and heated himself up a hotdog!

I have now made two more crock pot recipes from this thread: BBQ Pork and the To Die for Pot Roast. Both were soooo easy and sooooo tasty! I used some leftover pork this morning scrambled with brown rice and eggs!

Looking forward to trying more :p

I have now made two more crock pot recipes from this thread: BBQ Pork and the To Die for Pot Roast. Both were soooo easy and sooooo tasty! I used some leftover pork this morning scrambled with brown rice and eggs!

Looking forward to trying more :p

You convinced me.....I'm going to try the BBQ pork this weekend.:)

was wondering about the steel cut oats.....they always boil over when I try to cook them.....any possibility of this happening with the crock pot? Thanks! I also reccomend the cookbooks: 'Fix It and Forget It recipes for Entertaining' and/or the fix It and Forget It cookbook by Phyllis Pellman Good & Dawn J. Ranck......I don't let these 2 cookbooks out of my sight, and I think I use them 2-3 times per week all year long!

BestICan

I have a 4 quart crock pot and the one cut steel cup oats- 5 cups of water has never boiled over. I'm not sure how it would do in a a 2.5 quart cooker.

Steel Cut Oats

Cynthia -

I'm trying your steel cut oats recipe right now! I had a whole bunch of apples sitting around and it sounded fantastic. It's getting too cold for breakfast smoothies...

Thanks for posting that - I've had the Crock Pot for over a year and I've never used it!

Lisa

Love all of the recipes posted! I made an easy salsa chicken in the crockpot today.

Ingredients:
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 jar of your favorite salsa (I used Pace Picante Medium)
1 package reduced sodium taco seasoning
1 can reduced fat cream of chicken soup (condensed)
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream & shredded cheese, if desired

Directions:
Add chicken to slow cooker.
Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
Pour salsa and soup over chicken.
Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Remove from heat and top with sour cream & cheese.
Serve with brown rice or tortillas. (I think next time I'll make black beans also)

Lasagna Soup
Serves 16 -

1 lb. extra lean ground beef, cooked, rinsed and drained
2 (27 oz.) cans chunky style spaghetti sauce
2 (27 oz.) cans water
1 tsp. beef bouillon crystals
2 chicken bouillon cubes
8 oz. dry lasagna noodles, uncooked and broken into 3" pieces (I used
macaroni elbows cause it looked like MORE)
3 cups frozen Italian mixed vegetables (can use any kind really)
2 (19 oz.) cans red kidney beans
1/2 cup light ricotta cheese

In a large pot, mix together the first 5 ingredients; bring to a
boil. Add
noodles and remaining ingredients, reduce heat and simmer until
noodles are
tender. Stir occasionally to keep ingredients from sticking to the
bottom of
the pot.

CrockPot Method: Add all ingredients EXCEPT noodles. Cook all day on
LOW
heat, add noodles/pasta 15-25 minutes before serving, cover and
continue to
cook until noodles are tender.

Per serving: 220 cal., 2 g fat, 6 g fibre

To Die For Roast

1 package of Italian salad dressing mix
1 package of brown gravy mix
1 package of ranch salad dressing mix
2-3 lb beef pot roast
1 cup of beef broth
Any type of veggies

Mix all of the seasoning packet in the cup of broth. Place your veggies on the
bottom of a sprayed crock pot. Then place your meat on top of the veggies and
then pour the broth on top. Cook on low for 9-11 hours.
I made both of these recipes recently, and they were wonderful! Thanks, Chris, for posting the recipes. Hubby ate two HUGE bowls of the soup for dinner tonight. I used rotini for the pasta but didn't add the kidney beans, I also added garlic because Hubby was home sick today with a cold so I hoped that would help.

i make everything in the crock pot. its convienient, esp when i have to work all day. I like chille with ground turkey meat. I have made golumpkis. I dont have recipes i just throw stuff in.

Glad you guys liked the To Die For Roast and Lasagna Soup. Those are 2 of my favorites!

Today, I threw in some boneless, skinless chicken thighs, Pureed Tomatoes (big can) , Tomato Sauce, italian spices, red wine (splash), green pepper, red pepper, mushrooms, onion, garlic ... for a Chicken Cacciatore!

Thanks for the idea about the steel cut oats, I looked around for some additional recipes, and found one with pumpkin. It's almost done now, had a little taste earlier, and it tastes really good, sort of like a thick pumpkin rice pudding kind of consistency, like it would be really good with whipped cream :eek:

I used:
1.5 cups steel cut oats
1 can pumpkin
1 cup skim milk
4 cups water
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
4-5 packs of splenda
A few teaspoons of vanilla sf ff pudding (not sure if this was needed)

I've been cooking it on medium for 4.5 hours now and I think it's done now.

Just a quick edit: just had a bowl with a little brown sugar, it's really very yummy, very dessert like.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.