Crazy strong & loving it for July 29, 2010

I just use the mason jars and do the full on canning process. If you don't have enough to warrant that - freeze it.

Yes, PLB is a great all around leg workout, Heather! Hope it 'gets me good'!! But it's funny, because my lower body has been generally sore from Turbo Fire. it's weird. (Nora... is that happening to you too?)

The recipe is very simple. I guess it's all in what you add to the sauce. I just took about 24 tomatoes (bought in 1/2 peck at a roadside farm stand) and put them in boiling water, covered, removed from heat. Let stand a few minutes and then immersed them in a cold ice water 'bath'. After they were cool enough to handle, I took the skins off (and the center 'tough' piece) and then threw them in a food processor. I saved 2 of the tomatoes to chop up only and added them in. I sauteed chopped onion and garlic (you can also do any veggie you like in your sauce) in a big pot. After processing, I added them to the big pot. Added spices (italian spices, red wine, balsamic vinegar, chopped fresh basil and crushed red pepper) and about 1/2 can of italian spiced tomato paste. Simmered on the stove for 2-2 and 1/2 hours.

That's it! It really was good. I'm going to use it again in Eggplant Parmesan tonight!

Heather: what kind of jars do you use and where do you store the sauce? I probably could do that with the leftover!

Can not wait for lots of pictures and stories form the RT!!!!!

I guess I really don't have enough to jar. I used half of it tonight for Eggplant parm! But jarring it does interest me. Maybe in the future....

Hi girls!;)

I finished my workout about an hour or so ago around 1:30 PM, I'll check in now then come back for personals.

Here's today's workout:

Turbo Fire- Fire 30 Class= 33 min
Calories burned= 383
Met Value= 8.50

Turbo Fire- Tone 30 Class= 30 min
Calories burned= 174
Met Value= 4.25

iTread Set6= 20 Min
Met Value= 8.0
Calories burned= 218
Distance= 1.36 Miles
BPM's= 116,135,& 144
I walked mostly on the Treadmill using the incline at 0%,2%,4%,& 10%. I did run for a couple of minutes but resumed walking it was nicer on the knees.

Total calories burned= 775;)

That's it for me today. I'll be back later for personals. Have a great day!

Hugs!:)

Nora

Good Evening,

Tonite I did CLX Burn Intervals.

Stats:
47 min
41 in the zone
148 min hr
182 max hr
343 cals burned.

:cool:Hi girls!;)

Sorry, I made it back so late for personals, but I'm here so I'll try to be brief due to the lateness.

Belinda- So sorry, to hear about your mom's passing and this is a 3 year anniversary for you. I know that nothing can make up for your mom not being here, but I'm sure she's looking over you and your family and smiling proud. My grandmother passed away some 13 years ago for me and she was like a mother to be and a best friend all rolled up into one. There's never been a day I don't miss her or think of her. I'm not so sad now but I fondly remember the great times and special moments I had with her and treasure and hold them close to my heart. That part of her will always be with me. I hope that you hold on to your precious happy memories of your mom, her sense of humor, her talents, etc... I know these types of memories keep my grandmother alive and apart of me each day. Take comfort in the memories and treasures you have and embrace them like a hug from your mom. Your an amazing woman Belinda. In this way they are always with us close to our hearts and memories never that far away. Lots of big hugs! :);) Just to prove how awesome you are in the midst of all this you did workout today, and finished D17, legs for STS! You rock!!!:cool:

Debbie- Cardio kickbox challenge is so much fun. I haven't done that one in a while, but know its a definite keeper. It sounds like a great workout for you today, and no doubt you rocked it! Love the comment about kicking and punching like you were beating the crap out of your boss! LOL!! LMAO:eek::p:D Great job on your workout today!

Jolene- Amazing run for you this morning, WTG! ^^^5's. I'm sure Cathe will be sure to put you through the paces at her workout. I think with a 7 ish mile run like that I'm sure it will be no problem for ya. Bravo on the run!;) Have an awesome RT!!:)

Heather- Ah, taking a rest day before the RT, probably a really good idea. Cathe will work ya out no worries there. Have a great time at the RT.:) Heather you'll be fine, don't be nervous just have fun and if your getting nervous already maybe a short HiiT workout and a nice stretch would help you to relax a bit or a nice warm bath. Take care!;)

Melissa- Congrats on the Dom's from Legs last night. You might want to go easy on any workout you do before leaving for RT. Like you suggested to Heather maybe a HiiT workout or something, nothing long. You gotta be ready for Cathe's in person workout. Have a good stretch and go easy in the morning. Have a kick butt time on the RT. ;):)

Roxie- Your doing awesome with CLX just hang in there just one more month to go then you'll be at the finish line. You can do it, I have faith in you. I see plan to do CLX Burn Intervals, and Extreme Abs sounds like a great workout. Keep up the kick butt work! WTG!!!;):cool:

Jessica- Show off, just had to show up your sister with a 7.5 Mile run LOL!!! Just kidding. Great job on the run, that's so awesome. And you get to go on the RT and meet up with everyone, how awesome is that. You'll have a blast. Have good nights rest and be ready for major fun! Remember, " You can do anything for a minute," LOL!!:):D:p

Chris- OMG! You can do stability ball Pikes!!!:eek: I bow down to you! That's awesome, on a good day I can do them, others not so much. Its hit and miss for me. Bravo on mixing up Turbo Fire with PLB, Up mix that's a killer workout. :) We need an applause icon here. Great job Chris way to incinerate calories with this workout combo~!:):cool: Oh, and bravo on the tomato sauce, sounds amazing;) To answer your question about is my lower body sore from TF, No. I do STS as well so my legs get a workout there. I haven't noticed my legs bothering me with Turbo Fire specifically, but I'm having knee trouble so I wear my knee braces when I workout. I have noticed that my abs are having some DOM's but I love that. I'm loving TF and enjoying the huge fun factor. I can tell you are as well. YAY TF!!! Awesome workout today!:);)

Big hugs to our gals going on the RT and to workout with Cathe, have a kick butt awesome time, we want to hear all about it when you get back.:eek: :cool:

Hugs to everyone! ;):)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.