Crazy strong and loving it for April 8, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I never got a workout in yesterday:( Oh well! I am planning on doing cardio and abs today. Haven't decited on the DVD yet:confused:

I will be back to report my workout and personals! Have a great workout.

Took another rest day. Neck is still spasming a bit. It was throbbing this morning when I got up but now it seems to be ok. I'm sure sleeping is irritating it. I feel almost 100% better, though. Last night I heated it up and then massaged it out. The knots are almost all gone now. I will do cardio tomorrow and then take the rest of the weekend off and hopefully be back with my rotation on Monday.

Fingers are crossed.

Debbie - sounds like a good idea re: your neck. What a total bummer huh? Hang in there!

Belinda - don't get down about a missed workout, we all gotta take a rest day in there somewhere, even me who HATES to take a rest day (Heather knows this very well)

Speaking of, you'll be surprised (or glad?) to know that I didn't end up doubling up last night with a run after work. It was SO gorgeous but a wee bit on the too-hot side for a run, and my deck was screaming for me to go sit out there for dinner with my DH. So that's what we did. It was lovely :)

This morning I went to Kick to support my friend Steph who taped her video assessment. She did great. Of course, after class all I could think about was damn, this is seriously one of the hardest cardio workouts ever (if you put your all into it, which I did). I always feel so spent to the point of light headedness after the workout, kind of crazy! But sooo good and fun too :)

Hey Girls!

Another great weather day today!! Yesterday was soooo nice! I took about 1/2 hour outside on my lounge chair soaking up the warm fresh air. Just chilling. It felt so good. And one of the best things about this unseasonably warm weather in April is: NO BUGS!

So no big DOMS in my lower body today, I'm going to take on PS Legs + Abs and then a 20 minute Run!

I think I will just run the side streets near me, instead of heading to the park. So , no stairs. :(

Belinda: Some days just get super busy, you can't work out! today will be a good one!

Debbie: Glad you're feeling better!!! Sounds like a great plan.

Roxie: NICE job on the 3T yesterday!! Hope one of those one body part a day rotation is do-able for you. I bet you'd like it!

*waves* to Heather, Jessica, Wendy and Nora!!!

From yesterday:

Roxie - I'm not sure how to get you motivated to lift weights. I'm having the same problem with cardio. It's just a hump we have to get over and we will. I'm already feeling the need to do some good cardio so I guess my slump is almost over. And yes, check out the rotations Cathe and I have for one body part a day. You might like to do one of them.

Chris - If Cathe has you working your legs twice a day (one weight and one running) then I'd say it's ok to do. Just listen to your body, though. If it feels like it's too much, then usually it is.

Nora - Nice workout last night! You rock, girl! :eek:

Jessica - When do you find out if they approved your video or not? These workouts you do sound like fun, but hard. It reminds me of Les Mills workouts. Have you ever heard of those?

Good Morning,

DH is going to mow tonite so he doesn't know when he will be home and since it is going to be to chilly for a walk I have decided to go to the fitness center and then come home and do KCMs KB.

Debbie-glad to here you are feeling alittle better.

Belinda-sometimes we miss workouts its no big deal enjoy whatever you do tonite.

Jessica-sounds like you had a wonderful evening.

Chris-the flys and mosqitos and knats are out here already and th bumblebees.

Hi ladies. I think I'm going to take today as a rest day.

Debbie - glad to hear that your neck is getting better at least.

Belinda - have fun today!

Jessica - good job with Kick. Sounds like a great workout. My gym doesn't offer anything remotely close.

Roxie - the bugs are already out here too. Hope you enjoy the fitness center.

Chris - I bet you'll have some super DOMS tomorrow.

Hi Wendy and Nora!!!!

Hey girls,

My morning was so busy again! Ended up doing LIC "Cardio Blast Timesaver" plus the abs from Step Heat!

I forgot to tell you guys, DH is running the Army 10 miler in DC in Oct.:D He wants me to run it with him. He's already signed up, I coudn't get in. They fill up in less than 24 hours:confused: He still wants me to run it with him. I wouldn't be signed up officially, if someone would drop out I could run the race under their name:confused: I told him what's the point? I would spent a lot of money on an airline ticket, they are not that cheap from Germany. I still gonna train for the 10 miler:eek: I think it would be fun!

I will be back later for personals!

From yesterday:

Roxie - I'm not sure how to get you motivated to lift weights. I'm having the same problem with cardio. It's just a hump we have to get over and we will. I'm already feeling the need to do some good cardio so I guess my slump is almost over. And yes, check out the rotations Cathe and I have for one body part a day. You might like to do one of them.

Chris - If Cathe has you working your legs twice a day (one weight and one running) then I'd say it's ok to do. Just listen to your body, though. If it feels like it's too much, then usually it is.

Nora - Nice workout last night! You rock, girl! :eek:

Jessica - When do you find out if they approved your video or not? These workouts you do sound like fun, but hard. It reminds me of Les Mills workouts. Have you ever heard of those?

Chris - yes, its similar to Les Mills - it's actually the competitor program to the Les Mills programs. It's run by BTS and they have a slew of other programs aside from Kick. As for when I'll find out? Probably not for a couple weeks, our fitness director was planning to send them in all at once so hopefully she'll send them this week and we'll hear back in the next two?? I hope so!

It has gotten warmer outside then they said it would so I am going to go for a walk instead of doing the fitness center. I want to be outside as much as I can and save the fitness center for days when the weather won't cooperate.

Roxie - I totally agree with you. Enjoy the weather when you can and use the fitness center when the weather isn't so enjoyable. It always makes "exercise" feel more fun being outside.

It has gotten warmer outside then they said it would so I am going to go for a walk instead of doing the fitness center. I want to be outside as much as I can and save the fitness center for days when the weather won't cooperate.

Hey again..

It turned into a busy day. Well, I guess when I spend 80 minutes working out... LOL!.

I went for my run first, since it was coolest earlier. The weather was awesome for a run. I just did the neighborhood/side streets , which isn't as nice as the park, but it was ok. As I said, it was warm and sunny with a gorgeous breeze. And I had new music on my iPod :) :)It was perfect!! Loved it!... Came back and did PS Legs and Abs. OMG, this is a 64 MINUTE workout!!! I thought maybe 40-50 minutes, but no, 64! I did it though. The toughest thing was the sit and stands. And the one-legged lifts on the step (you're on your back on the floor). Oh, and the floor work , inner and outer thigh , I used a 5 lb weight instead of a "body bar" (which i don't have). OUCH! If I don't have DOMS tomorrow , I will be very surprised! .. Abs was basic crunchie type stuff, which for some reason, has been giving me wicked DOMS , as opposed to the Abs Circuit stuff.

off now to start supper and laundry... fun stuff!!!!!

Hi girls -

Sounds like everyone is having great weather!!! (except us, Nora). Way to get out there and enjoy it!
Since it actually sleeted at my house this morning, I chose to work out indoors! I did Circuit Blast then AC Med Ball abs. Great workout.
I'm actually going to be in Austin tonight - my first time. I'm looking forward to it. Plus I'm going to work out in the am with a girl I met in SD. She is a personal trainer at a club close to our hotel there, so it should work out great! And it's going to be NICE there - so I think we are going to do some bootcamp around a 3mile trail around the lake. So I'll get to enjoy a little nice weather!
Gosh, it looks like Cathe's next RT is full already!?!!? anyone going?
Have a great afternoon.....

Good Evening,

I went to the Fitness Center and I worked on the elliptical they didn't bother to show me how to use the equipment or how long to be on it the first time so I decided to do 26 mins my first time and then there was a 4 min cool down, my legs feel like lead but I will probably still do some kb thinking TJ 20 min cardio party and maybe a stretch. They have the inner and outer thigh machines how much wt. should I use for my first time?

Stats:
34 min
34 in the zone
156 min hr
176 max hr
272 cals burned.

Hi girls;)

Sorry I wasn't able to comeback last night for personals, I lost my internet due to a storm knocking out a transformer.

Here's today's workout:

Cardio Coach Volume 2= 37 min
Calories burned= 483
Met= 9.5
Avg.HR= 150
Distance= 3.0 miles
Once again Insanity is proving to be a huge help whenever I do anything cardio. It made today's Cardio Coach Vol. 2 run so easy and comfortable, its never been this easy before so I'm really noticing that difference with Insanity impacting my other cardio with only 4 days into Insanity already. Man, I'm excited about what I'll be like in 30 and 60 days. :eek:

Insanity- Cardio Recovery = 34 Min
Calories burned=186
Met 4.0
This was mainly slow controlled muscle movement type of work and some deep stretching. It was a very welcomed workout and felt great after my run. I think I LOVE INSANITY!:D

Ok, girls I'll be back later for personals provided I don't have any internet issues tonight. Seeya soon!;)

Hugs!

Nora:cool:

Well I am officially crazy I did TJ 20 Min Cardio Party with 2lb wtd. gloves and then did Total Body Stretching.

TJ Stats:
19 min
15 in the zone
143 min hr
167 max hr
131 cals burned.

TBS:
13 min
2 in the zone
107 min hr
137 max hr
52 cals burned.

Hi girls:)

I'm back for personals now.

Debbie- I'm glad your resting and taking it easy today and feeling much better. I hope when you do workout you won't have any more problems or pain.

Chris- Hi! Ooh I love that you got a chance to take in the great lovely weather where you are, that's awesome. Great day to take advantage of it with a nice 20 min run and PS Legs plus abs, WTG!!!:)

Roxie- Have a great workout at the fitness center tonight and enjoy KCM's KB its so much fun. Love abs on that dvd too. Have fun with your workout!;)

Heather- Enjoy your well deserved rest day, do something fun and relax.

Belinda- I know how hectic mornings can get so I understand. Your workout today,LIC "Cardio Blast Timesaver" plus the abs from Step Heat, sounds like a great workout. I do own Step Heat but haven't done it yet. It does look like fun though. I hope you had an awesome workout today!;) You rock, ms.STS Grad!;):cool:

Jessica and Heather- Congrats on getting in on Cathe's next road trip! That's so awesome ^^^5's. I know you guys will have a ball. :):eek::cool:

Wendy- Yes, the weather has been sort of hit and miss. Lots of cloudiness and some showers. There's actually been sunshine today, seriously its not just a rumor that it exists, amazing stuff! I hope all is well with you and your gang. Have fun on your trip and enjoy the fun workout you have instore there. :)

Ok, that's it for me tonight ladies. Have a great evening and have a great nights rest. :)

Hugs!;):)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.