~~~~Coolers in May~~~

Evening All

Just checking in with my w/o. I had a package in the mail waiting for me today. Yippee:p I'd ordered Cardio Hits along with the weighted gloves and weight lifting gloves with my 20% discount and it came in today. So of course since it was a cardio day today had to try one of my new cardios:D I did PowerMax and it was so much fun and very doable. I liked that while there were good power moves really little hi-impact. The DVD also had the abs from Pure Strength so had just enough time to do that b/4 24 came on.

I'm donating blood Wed. so trying to decide if I can get up early Wed. to get my cardio in or not. Yuck, that would mean a 5am wake up call. We will see how much energy and motivation I have to get to sleep early Tues. night. Don't you find when you need to get to sleep early thats the night it takes you even longer to get to sleep.

Take care,

Morning All,

Taking the time again today! :D Last night as my lasagna was cooking in the oven I got out a Tae Bo Advanced Live #4 VHS. I have not done a Tae Bo in a long time and it was FUN. :D He did a lot of standing ab work, and I am feeling it today. This morning was Results 10 Days Upper, and an add-on of BBC Upper Advanced. Have a hair appointment tonight, but would like to get the 10 Days Lower along with a BBC Lower Advanced workout in also. Will see how I feel after sitting around getting my hair colored. :D

Patricia, Those workouts are oldies but goodies. Got to love the outfits that they workout in.:eek: But it doesn't take away from the fact that the workouts are effective. ;) How far are you into STS?

Kim, Glad I could come back to chat. It was getting a bit depressing for me not having my daily chats with all of you.

Laurie

Morning All,

Got in Results 10 Days Lower, and planning on getting to the gym for some stationary bike work. Not much going on today, but it is raining. :( Just means we need to mow our lawn more. :( Or it will mean that the mosquitoes will be horrible this year. :( I have to start thinking more positive! :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Morning All

Completed Disc 8B - Tri/Back last night and feeling it today - all good though. Watched the finale of Amazing Race that I DVR'd from Sun. and then stayed up late reading.

Its nice and sunny out so I think I'll go for a walk on my lunch and consider that my cardio today since I'm donating blood after work.

Laurie - do you have both the Results DVDs? I have them but liked Cindy's better. I think doing it in Dec. kept me from gaining any weight over the holidays.:) I guess I'm about 6weeks into the 6 mo rotation so starting on Sun. I'll have 2 weeks left to Meso 1. Time is just flying but I'm really anxious to get onto the other Mesos.:D I've been taking DS for short walks in the woods lately - have to get outside now before the black flys come out.:mad:

Kim - I forget where you are now in the rotation. Any results you want to pass along?

Do you ever get into a funk where you're just plain miserable? I swear since Sun. I've just been so grumpy and no patience what so ever.:( I'll have to try to be positive too Laurie:D and smile my way out of this mood.

Have a great day all.

Just finished disc 19 for the second time. patricia, I haven't notice huge differences with sts but definitely strength gains.

Patricia What a pain moving everythng by boat! Our cottage was wate access only initlally and I remember those days! We're heading out to the cottage for Victoria day weekend so will maybe take pics of the camper then.

Laurie What's up with dd's shin? Do you have a diagnosis? So when do you start STS? Oh, let's not mention mosquitoes:mad::mad::mad:

Morning All,

No workout for me yet, but plan on getting in Jillian's BFBM or a Tae Bo workout after work. I like how the Tae Bo makes my core feel afterwards. Must be all the twisting/leg work.

Patricia, I only have the Results workout that Cindy hosts. I have one of Tracey's workouts, but I can't say that I really clicked with her so I didn't buy it. Exercise TV has Cindy's workouts On Demand, and I am going to be checking those out in the near future. Probably would be fun to workout upstairs for a change of pace! :D I plan on only a 3 mo rotation with STS.

Kim, DD has been suffering from shin splints. She has a low arch, and the only time she is affected by them is during track. Must be the higher impact running that she does. The trainer has been working with her, but of course she doesn't follow what they want her to do. I know she is suppose to be doing some stretches. :( I used to suffer from them when I was her age too. I will be starting STS June 1st, at least I'm hoping too. :D I might get scared off!:eek:

Laurie

Good Soggy Afternoon Coolers

Rain rain go away:rolleyes:

So yesterday was a rest day for me as a I donated blood, however, I did get out for a good brisk walk at lunch - 1.7 miles. Tonight is disc 9B legs.

Had a nice leisurly lunch today. My boss and I took our Admin. Assist. out for lunch. Yes a couple weeks late but this was the 1st lunch time we all could get together. I am stuffed.:p It was a new restaurant that has an outdoor patio right on the lake so I'm definetly going back there again when the weather is nicer.

Laurie - June 1st isn't too long away. I think you were intending to do it with your son right? It'll be fun to hear your comments on it. I'm sure you're really anxious to get started. Hey we may end at the same time or close to it. The Results DVD is the 1st I've had of Tracey's and yes I don't really click with her either. I've only done it once but not ready to give it away yet.

Kim - it must feel good to be 1/2 way through STS now. How do you like the BB that you got. I"m enjoying using mine and wished I had gotten one sooner now.

Survivor is on tonight and the finale Sunday. What am I going to do next week?:rolleyes:

Take care

Morning All,

Today my workout consisted of BBC Fat Blaster Upper, and BBC Belly Blaster. I think he likes the word blaster! :D DH is heading out to the Janesville Faire today, and will be back tomorrow. DD16 asked if her BF could come over tonight, so I'm thinking of getting in a Tae Bo workout and then getting a Papa Murphey's pizza for dinner tonight.

Patricia, My boss actually took us all out the week before admin day. Sounds like a nice resturant. I only have DD's, and yes my oldest was planning on working out with me. She will be done with track the last weekend in May. Sometimes she like to slack after such intense work.

Laurie

Just to let you know that I'm heading to my mom's cottage this morning for the long weekend even though it's supposed to snow this afternoon:rolleyes::rolleyes: Will be home Monday evening. Have a great weekend! Kim

Morning All and Happy Long Weekend to us Canadians:p

Tood DS to swimming lessons last night but he wouldn't go in the water. Last week it took him the 1st 1/2 of the class before he would go in:( He had a bit of trouble sleeping last night, complaining of a sore ear so I gave him some Advil and he stopped fussing and slept well after that. This a.m. he complained again, but no fever. Will have to keep an eye on him this weekend. I swear its Murphy's Law with him that he gets sick on a long weekend:(

I did Disc 9B - legs. It was tough. I didn't do the bonus w/o. I had a hard time recoving with my heart rate. I'm finding the day after donating blood I still don't have all my energy back.

Survivor was good last night - a good blind side at Tribal Council:):p

Kim - I heard on the news about snow your way and it sounds like while we might not get your snow it'll be cold here too:mad: Have fun with your trailer this weekend.

Laurie - so are you set for STS or do you have to do your 1RM's yet? With my discount from the STS Cardio pre-order I bought weight lifting gloves and the 2# gloves. I'm not sure if I'm happy with either of them. The WL gloves do not have leather on the palms so I find I'm not get as good of a grip on my weights. The 2# gloves I'm having a hard time holding the weights too as the loops that your fingers go in I find are a bit bulky. Pizza sounds yummy tonight.

Starting today, every Friday we're having a bbq at work. So looking forward to it. Just an hour away.

Have a good weekend Coolers

Looked out the window this a.m. and there was a dusting of snow on the ground :mad::mad:

Anyhow, got up and out for breakfast and off to get the grocery shopping done. Monday is a holiday here so didn't want to run out of something tomorrow.

Yesterday I did Step Fit from my new Cardio Hits DVD and really enjoyed it. I wish I new about Cathe back in the 90's. I'm definetly finding her older cardio easer to follow, mainly b/c I see where she uses a lot of her moves over again in her other videos. I also did some rehab excercises for my neck and shoulder. At BB practice Fri. night, as soon as I threw my 1st ball I new exactly what was causing my shoulder inflammation. I might have to really start icing it after each game, especially with doing STS.

Today I did Disc 10A - C/S/B and feeling pretty energetic I tried out a new Firm DVD I p/u yesterday for the Transfirmer. I wanted to see if the slanted risers I have could get some more use. It wasn't a bad light w/o and probably a good one to follow up after a weight w/o. Oh and boy did I notice a difference going up to 70%. Definetly had a much harder time finishing some reps.:eek:

I'm trying to decide if I'll do Disc 11 - Tri/back tomorrow. I have a BB game Tues and Wed night but still want to keep on schedule with STS.

Off to see what the weather is for this coming week.

take care Coolers,

Morning All,

Todays workout was JM's Shred 2 & 3. Saturday was BBC Fat Blaster Lower and BBC Lower Advanced. Sunday was a rest day! :D

We are going up to my brothers cabin this weekend, and DD's BF is going with us. Just hope he can handle all of the family! He was over at our house on Friday, and my youngest was spying on them periodically. She is a great slueth for me! :eek: LOL!

Patricia, I have not done the 1RM's yet, but I guess I better get those in this week and next! :D Sorry to hear about the gloves you bought. I bought mine from SA and they have leather. I use them all the time. Sorry to hear about the snow too! We had sunny but cold weather. Have a great three day weekend. We get ours this next week. I see that you are playing BB again. Has it been pretty cold to play?

Laurie

Evening Coolers

Just a quick check-in as I'm watching the finale of 24:D

I did Disc 11A - Tri/back today then popped in Step Blast and did the 1st 2 combos. So that'll be the last w/os for me until Thurs. Hopefully I won't be sore from BB to do Legs:) Weather is turning warmer this week and hopefully that's the end of the cold. I think I'll try to get walking on my lunch hours some.

I arranged a playdate this a.m. so DS had a friend to play with then in the afternoon it was warm and sunny so we got out and played a bit more. His playmate just lives down the street so close to get together with.:)

Laurie - I've just had 1 practice for BB yet and thankfully it was warm. Tues. will be our 1st game and while it might get down to 10 or 11c it shouldn't be too cold as long as I get to run around the bases alot:) Crossing my fingers on hitting the ball and getting on base. I find I have my favourite clothes for wearing for BB at this time of the year, like a light turtle neck and jacket. Its just keeping the hands warm that can be tough. How are you liking Shred. I remember when I 1st got it and doing 2 & 3 together and it made for a great w/o. I don't think I've done that DVd more that a few times. So many DVDs so little time.

The mom of the boy playing here today saw my Cathe calendar and mentioned how much she likes her arms so of course that got me talking and praising Cathe. I lent her MM and Push Pull/SS along with CLX. She likes to do cardio at the gym but her and her husband have started doing weights at home. Maybe I can convert them to Cathe:D

Hope you enjoyed your long weekend Kim and you weren't too cold.

Just a quick checkin to let you know we're back safely from the cottage. Snowed Friday and then was nice enough Sat to put the boat in:confused: Crazy Canadian weather. Today is cold again with risk of frost. :( Super crazy muddy at the lake.

Had Piano lessons tonight even though it was a holiday as we have catch up classes to do but did get disc 20 done in between getting home and going to piano. Would love to catch up a bit more but ds and DH are sick and I still have laundry to do, lunch bags to pack, homeworks, baths to get ready.

This week coming is insane with all the kids' activities winding up. I think we have 5 hockey games, 3 piano lessons, band concert, choir concert, meeting at the day care, field trips etc. Also have 3 yards of soil being delivered tomorrow to put on the garden. Will try and get caught up with personals soon.

Who won Survivor??

Morning All

Just a quickie on this gloomy rainy day. Hope it stops in time for BB tonight.

Kim - good to hear you survived your long weekend. Hope the trailer kept you warm at night. T.J. (I think was his name) won Survivor. The nice country bumkin who was a real charmer. I'm glad b/c I think he deserved it and so did all the judges as he got all 7 votes:D

Morning All,

Todays workout was TaeBo Celebrity Fit Cardio. I'm planning on getting in the TaeBo Bootcamp Abs after work.

Patricia, We are suppose to get a really warm day here tomorrow. Can't wait! I remember some of those softball games in HS when the wind was coming off Lake Superior! :confused: Aluminum bats where no fun at that time! LOL! I really am liking the Shred. You really do get in a good workout when you tie two of them together. I just skip the warm up on the 2nd one, and it works well with my time constrants in the morning. That will be fun for you DS to have someone in the neighborhood to play with. My youngest DD rides around on her bike with a girl in our subdivision.

Kim, Wow! Dang cold up there! I always thought our weather here in Wisconsin was crazy! :eek: At least we have not been getting snow. It will be nice when all the activities are finished. I was happen when my Bible class and youngest DD's dance finished at the beginning of May. I don't watch survivor, so I'm hoping Patricia is able to help you out. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Morning All,

Today I got in Results 10 Days Lower and BBC Lower Beg. Will do BBC Lower Adv and BBC Booty Camp after work. Probably should get in some stretching also.

Nothing exciting happening around our house, but it is suppose to get into the 80's again today. Yesterday I walked the dog, and had a good sweat going when I got home. Loved being able to get into the cool basement. :eek:

Laurie

Hey Coolers

Finally some lovely weather here. May even play BB tonight in my shorts!

Had our 1st BB game last night and we won! 29-6 :D:D
Have to remember to not let it go to our head tonight and be over confident.

Laurie - I went out for lunch to run some errands today and parked and read for a while. Had to look for some shade but I'm not complaining either!

Take care,

Sorry, I haven't been around much what a crazy week! DD had her school concert tonight and last night was ds's band concert. Tomorrow I'm going on a field trip with the Grade 2 and 3's to a farm:D

Patricia Enjoy that sunshine!!! We're nice and sunny today but a bit cool still. 14 degrees

Laurie How are those 1RM's coming along?? Is your dd still going to do STS with you?? Have a great weekend at the cabin!

Kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.