Confession time- how many videos do you own?

amynicole

Cathlete
I'll start (but don't tell my husband the real number :) I own 12 Cathe tapes, 22 Firm tapes, and about 26 others for a total of 60. O.K. so I'm a tape junkie, but the way I look at it, since I do use them all, they improve my health, make me happy, and are a great source of stress and tension relief. You could almost say that collecting and doing them has become a hobby. Thank goodness my husband is VERY supportive and has not once said to me as another tape is coming in the mail "don't you have enough" Funny thing is they sit right where he can see them, but he has never counted. He even feed the kids (1 and 3) breakfast in the am so I can workout before he goes to work.

Other toys: treadmill, recumbent bike, dumbell weights, club step, firm tall 14 inch box, ankle weights, 2 lb ball, dowel for balance, barbell, heartrate monitor.

O.K. my fellow fitness loving friends, confess what do you own?

Wow, I think you have me beat and I thought I was a junkie! I have about 40 tapes in all, but lately I only use Cathe, Mindy Mylrea and some yoga tapes (Kundalini or Bryan Kest.) My honey is totally cool about it too, he thinks it's great. His viewpoint is that it's related to being fit and a healthy lifestyle so it's a harmless compulsion. Gotta love that!

I have a generic step, the Reebok step, a Nordictrack, treadmill, barbell set, dumbells galore, and a huge, fantastic home gym by Parabody. My treadmill is shot though, it's old and I used the heck out of it and it was only meant for walking, but I ran on it. So hopefully we'll get a nicer, new one soon. Maybe one of those flip-up jobbies for about $400 or so. Something with a nice wide belt, adjustable incline, heart monitor and wheels on the bottom for easy movement.

My ideal home gym would have: a Stairmaster Gauntlet (need high ceilings for that one!), a Versaclimber, a Lifecycle, a few more weight training stations added to the parabody gym, a great treadmill, and of course a killer stereo in the room! I say within 2 years I'll have all that stuff. Wouldn't that rock? I was addicted to the Gauntlet when I worked at a health club. it's so tough and you can use it for cardio or sprint training (running stairs)...they're awesome. And now they make a slightly smaller version for homes, takes up less floorspace but still looks really big and sturdy. Ah, the dreams of a workout nut!

RE: Does it count if...

I have stuff spread between two houses?? My brother lives right around the corner from me and he has a basement and I have so much stuff that they 2 homes. I have 36 tapes, barbell set, bodybar, dumbells, ankle weights, flexiball, treadmill, cross-trainer, health rider, total gym 2000, a trampoline, and a recumberent bike. My house is really small so maybe I just think I have a lot of stuff. I'll have to ask my husband;-)

P.S. My husband is extremly cool about it also. Oh, I almost forgot, I have a heart rate monitor too.

Aimee

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-26-00 AT 06:18PM (Est)[/font][p]I have about 90 tapes. Lots of Cathe, Firm, CIA, Yoga and a sprinkling of others. I just got a new video rack for Christmas. I also have dumbells 1,3,5,8,10,12,15 pound sets, 2 lb weighted gloves, ankle weights, two barbells, olympic & regular plates, 3 steps, two tall boxes, a 2 lb medicine ball, a balance ball, 3 different kinds of Spri Tubing, heart rate monitor. Gee, it sure sounds like a lot when you list it all out like that. There are a lot of other thing I could be spending my money on. At least I use all this stuff.

Loretta

I have 33 VHS tapes/6 DVDs (Cathe,Firm,yoga etc..and many more on the way). My videos are not the problem. I have 4 different barbells, plate tree/barbell holder ,dumbells(3-20lbs)/dumbell rack,5 medicine balls/medicine ball tree, bodybar,ankle weight,tubing,HRM,step,2 exercise mats,14" box etc. I could go on and on but I won't.

Julie

Not many, but lots of toys!

I have a lot of Cathe tapes, and Slammin' Sports Cardio, Standing Legs, 4 Taebos, 2 jump rope tapes, a Navy Seal set, and a couple of strays that I must have forgotten about. Of course, I have a Step and a Rubbermaid step tool box for step-ups.

Toys: An Airdyne bike, mini-trampoline, free weights, a barbell, weight plates, lots of Spri products(Ultra-toner, Xertube, etc.), a jumprope, ankle weights, a Body Blade, and lots and lots of Sports Music tapes. I also have a membership to a local Y and I use their toys. I'd like to get an eliptical machine if I had more room. I want a big exercise room with cable TV. Santa, please, for next year!!! And a bigger house to put it in. ;-)

Just got rid of some...

I had 110 tapes--just reduced to 102 actives. I built a full gym in my house this year since I got certified with target tile flooring and a professional mat. I have a nordic track, full free weights of any poundage, dumbell with many plates. TV and VCR, of course. Nobody has mentioned their workout clothes--I was at Sports Authority again today--but decided "enough is enough." Even though I work out alone, I dress as though I'm at a club and they are filming me....motivation!!!!!

This is a big issue at my house! I have so many tapes, that I had to give some away and sell some at a rummage sale because I was so embarrassed! (Not to mention they were TOO EASY)!! Then what did I do,,,Buy more, of course! My husband was kind of complaining, so I took him to GOLD's gym to scope out the prices...realizing that it was almost $2,000 a year for both of us, he gave me his permission to buy what I want.

Other than the tapes, we have 2 big steps, a homemade bench, a regular bench, sit-up board, treadmill, a real swimming pool, LOTS of weights and barbells, stair stepper, 2 heavy bags that hang, a 300lb bag that sits on the floor, 2 large size mats, and lots of miscellaneous stuff. I have been collecting for about 15 years. I bought my first weight bench with quarters I earned waiting on tables. I told the salesman that I only had $110, but the bench was $125. He let me have it anyway. (I was lying!)

1/2 of our basement is dedicated to Karate/exercise. When I walked into this house for the first time, and saw how the basement was divided, I just knew that this would be our house, and that would be our home gym.

Since I met my husband at karate, he shared this vision. I don't do a lot of the frilly things most females do (make-up, clothes etc.) so I figure the things I buy are not excessive.

GREAT TOPIC!!!!!

Too many, but I want more!!!

I have 196 exercise video's at home plus ? that I loaned to my daughter! There are many more I would like to have! I don't have many DVD's because there aren't very many made yet: yoga, tae bo, Donna Richardson, Cathe Cardio Hits, CTX and Circuit Max/Cardio Kicks. (I can't wait for the PS DVD.) And about 15 walking tapes. I have a treadmill, Health Rider, Ab roller, slide thing that I never use, heart monitor, pedometer, jump rope, exercise cords, 3 mats, 3, 5, 8, 10, 12 and 15 lb. dumbell sets, 2 barbells, 2 sets of ankle weights, wrist weights, medicine ball, 8,10,12, and 14 inch stools, a Reebok step and another smaller one. My workout room is the livingroom where I have a 32" TV with surround sound and a 5 disc DVD player, and VCR. I got rid of my rebounder, an older style of a total gym and many older exercise videos. I have more exercise clothes than regular clothes because I have to dress just right to workout! Am I weird or what???!!! I REALLY get into this home exercising!

Bev

How fun!

You know, I never counted until now!
I currently have 50 tapes. I only keep tapes if i use them at least once in a three month cycle. I am also a book junkie. So, twice a year, I pack up a box of books and exercise tapes and donate to my local library.
I belong to 4 gyms, plus I have a little gym in my complex.
This is my answer to home stuff, otherwise I might have to live in my car and forego living in my little apartment!
I am so dang busy, there are often times I can't get to the gym. My tapes are my salvation... my time, my place, my rules. My gosh, i can work out in my holy sweats with my butt showing through and my Pooh workout top!
I have hand weights, 5 lbs through 25, and a curl bar. I have dina-bands, a myraid of yoga stuff, and a whole chest of drawers dedicated to workout clothes! I have donated a health rider, stair master, and exer-cycle to charities. I have to buy new shoes every 4-6 months, so the shelter gets my oldies (no shocks, but the homeless don't care)
You know, though, I could spend 20 bucks a weekend on a movie I see once, or 20 every 4 months on a tape I use for years. In that respect, i think we are all on the right track!

How fun!

You know, I never counted until now!
I currently have 50 tapes. I only keep tapes if i use them at least once in a three month cycle. I am also a book junkie. So, twice a year, I pack up a box of books and exercise tapes and donate to my local library.
I belong to 4 gyms, plus I have a little gym in my complex.
This is my answer to home stuff, otherwise I might have to live in my car and forego living in my little apartment!
I am so dang busy, there are often times I can't get to the gym. My tapes are my salvation... my time, my place, my rules. My gosh, i can work out in my holy sweats with my butt showing through and my Pooh workout top!
I have hand weights, 5 lbs through 25, and a curl bar. I have dina-bands, a myraid of yoga stuff, and a whole chest of drawers dedicated to workout clothes! I have donated a health rider, stair master, and exer-cycle to charities. I have to buy new shoes every 4-6 months, so the shelter gets my oldies (no shocks, but the homeless don't care)
You know, though, I could spend 20 bucks a weekend on a movie I see once, or 20 every 4 months on a tape I use for years. In that respect, i think we are all on the right track!

RE: How fun!

I love this, I am among my own kind here :)

Glad to know I'm not the only one with a "habit", but its such a fun habit isn't it!! Thanks everyone for sharing. I have also owned over 100 tapes at one time or another, but I try to keep only the ones I actually do. My favorites are Cathe step tapes and the firm for strenth. But I also like Kathy smith for my not so high energy days.

When I look at my fitness habit as a hobby, it justifies it for me. Another justification is that I gave birth to 2 children, I have earned the tapes and excercise toys I have :) Also, for those of us that have kids, think of what a great example we are setting for them. My son always tells people "mommy love to excercise" that just makes me smile.

RE: How fun!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-27-00 AT 11:07AM (Est)[/font][p]I have 33 tapes: Cathe, Kathy Smith, Christi Taylor, etc... I have only been "collecting" for a year or so. Given time I should progress to "a higher level of video consciousness". I have a barbell, dumbells from 5 lbs to 20 lbs, dumbell rack (got that for Christmas), floor mat, two steps, weight lifting gloves, Cardioglide which I have never used(was given to me),and an assortment of work out clothes and shoes. Oh, I forgot, and an almost 2-year-old little boy. He gives me a good workout too!
I am glad there are so many others that share this obsession because my family thinks I'm nuts!

Kelly

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.