Computer Crashes-Downloads

If your computer crashes and you lose everything than what? Do you have to reorder and pay for the download again?
Can you transfer downloads to I-Tunes to put downloads in a safe place? Is your I-Tune account toast too if your computer crashes or can you open up your account on any computer with your account information and still have all your purchases? Ok I understand that I-Cloud is a safe keeper for purchases if you have it.
Thanks

interesting! someone else brought up this same question last week in the forum. An External Hard Drive is highly recommended then you can back up everything and never worry about how to get it back. They are fairly inexpensive these days, too.

Your best bet is to always back up your Cathe download videos on another hard drive. Yes, if your hard drive fails you could lose your files (however, you can contact customer service for codes to redownload the files if necessary).

iCloud is only an option for backing up certain types of files in iTunes, including: music, apps, books, videos, and tv shows purchased within the iTunes Store, plus music you have imported into iTunes IF you pay for the optional iTunes Match service. Other than that, content imported into iTunes WILL be lost if it is not backed up somewhere else.

Hope this helps.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.