Commit to Get Fit & Lean for November 2014

Hi,

I hope everyone enjoyed "Thanksgiving" my belly hurts & ready to curl into bed:) Lots of water & a workout planned for tomorrow!

Belinda - I was racing to catch up LOL!

Waves hi to everyone

Goodnight:)

Good morning,

I am all caught up with my workouts. LOL! Today I did Jessica 30 min Sunset Barefoot walk and SBF Standing abs and Mat workout for the lower = 30 min.

So what did you buy on Back Friday?

I went a a little to much money, lol! I bought Turbo Fire and all the Advanced DVD's, Slim Series and Les Mill Pump. I also bought P90X + for my son. My P90X dvd's came yesterday, they all scratched? Mary already requested a new set from BB.

I will be back after my workouts.

'Morning!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I truly am thankful for our group. You provide me with support and encouragement, and are always there.
Belinda, I saw Mary has that Baladea set for $99. I'm going to pass. I don't see that any of the digital downloads are on sale. Is it only dvds? Autocorrect changed dvds to dads - had to go back and fix it.
Amelia, how are you doing? Bet you were really busy at work this week. Been thinking about your comments earlier this week. You can do this. You've got the desire - with that and your commitment, you can do anything. We're here to assist.
Kristin, we got over a foot of that white stuff. Can't complain though, since it doesn't compare to Buffalo. I remember Pergament, and when Home Depot came in folks were saying it would put them out of business. Did you see Heinemann was extending a discount w/free shipping? There went some of my $$. Seems every business is having some type of sale. Math Solutions had one, there went more $$. I keep a list of items I'm interested in and between the two got some savings.
Wendy, I also try to work out unless my head pounds with a cold. It may be psychological, but it seems to make me feel better. But then, I'm a goal orientated person, so it could be linked to that. I've been thinking about one-arm burps, and wonder where does Cathe get these ideas from...
Deb, you sure got in a lot of steps! My eating this week has included a lot of sweets that normally I wouldn't go for, but unfortunately, I cave in social situations. Think it's easier to put something in my mouth than think of things to say!
Almost done with the JS rotation, and I've truly enjoyed it. Also made a commitment to get 10K 25/30 days this month, and so far am on track for that. Yesterday finally made it over to King Arthur, and got some more bread-making supplies. Even they had a black Friday sale! Made a few other stops, including at a brewery and had a really nice day. So that is my life - exercise but food and drink! Today we are looking into carpeting to replace in a couple of the upstairs bedrooms. One of my sisters told me of this place that is having a sale (!), it's a small business, and their reputation is really good. However, I'm sure dh will blanch at the price, so we'll see. The carpeting does need to go, though.
Cookie

Cookie, I am so thankful for this group and everyone here! I only saw DVD's on Mary's sale….unfortunately! Dasha Kettlebell Kickboxing having a sell on her dvd's and downloads. She also has her new preorder $5 off. Use coupon code: SWEATY. I also enjoyed JS challenge. I will continue with her challenge. Time to get busy, put down the sweats, food and drinks and get ready to sweat. I had may share this last 3 day's.

Wendy - I also work out with cough, unless my head is killing me.

Waving Hi to everyone that check in after me.

Hello all. Well I ate too much and drank too much on Thanksgiving, lol. Yesterday I could not bring myself to do much, so no workout to report. To make up for it, I did BM2 in its entirety, no premix. Plus I walked Baxter in the freezing cold this morning. Back to healthy eating and trying hard not to eat anymore crap until the next holiday. Wish me luch with that, lol.

I want to say that what Cookie said is true for me as well. I am so thankful for this group. I think it is what keeps me going and it is such a part of my routine to come on here and "check in" with all of you. I am hoping we can do another road trip together in the future. Maybe this year?

Cookie- thankfully no snow for us. I am not ready for it at all. Pergament was wiped out by Home Depot and Lowes on Long Island. I hated working there, but the money I made went to pay for school, and I met my husband there, so I am thankful I worked there, lol.

Deb- My stomach was talking to me at 3 in the morning that night, lol. I feel like I still haven't had enough water, lol.

Belinda- I didn't shop yesterday, online or in stores. I am waiting for the next paycheck to go holiday shopping. My boys wrote their lists for Santa yesterday. I cannot believe the end of 2014 is here!

Waving hello to Amelia and Wendy!

Kristin

Hi,

I also want to second, third it that I am very Thankful for our group.

Today I did a few segments of 30 day butt lift. I made a turkey breast today because I didn't have any leftovers but right about now I'm sick of turkey:) For some reason I could not get the stuffing right this year, not sure what I did wrong. I made more today it was a little bit better but not quite right!

Tomorrow getting up early to go to the outlets with my SILs. They go every year but I only go on the years that the weather is in the 50's:)

Belinda - I found Dasha's kettlebell kickboxing on Groupon (older series) & bought them, hope I will like them. I also bought Les Mills Pump. I can't believe the DVDs came scratched will have to check mine out.

Kristin - The girl who does my hair only shops on Christmas Eve and says she gets the best deals that day. The Santa lists are so much fun to read.

Cookie - Do you only eat the bread that you bake? My father's wife made us bread when we were visiting and it was so good!

Waves hi to everyone

'Morning!
Belinda, Ive heard/read about Dasha's wo and always w/glowing reviews. So, yes I'll go check out her series. Lately, I've been so into JS that I haven't been doing any kb. Actually am I'm debating a bellicon rebounder. It's a lot of money and I don't spend $$$ casually or on myself easily. Yet I do use my rebounder almost every single day and w/it can do many wo I couldn't w/o it. Got my current one used, and it is really noisy, so I think dh would appreciate a quieter one, esp since I'm the early riser. Also, he has been mentioning I should get a larger one.
Amelia, how's everything going? Did you cook or visit for Thanksgiving?
Kristin, so that's how you met your dh! Then the job was worth it. Sometimes our bodies just need a rest. I'm so not ready to go back tomorrow! Woke up at 4 thinking about it and decided to just get up and start on some of to-dos. Are your boys mostly into electronics? Just wondering when that stage starts. Two dogs came by yesterday morning that I've never seen before, and I was concerned for my dogs so made them all stay inside for a while. They left after spending about 1.5 hours checking out all around. When we're not home the little ones stay in a outdoor kennel, but the 2-yr old medium-size dog is on the Invisible Fence system, so we leave her out. Plus, she likes to run around a lot during the day. However, she's dumber than a rock and not at all aggressive, so I hope those two don't come back and if so are friendly.
Wendy, how's everything? Hopefully the coughing is finally over.
Deb, you must have an impressive dvd collection! LOL at it having to be over 50 degrees for your outlet shopping! Does it sound snobby that I usually only eat the bread I make or from a bakery? The gluten bothers me but not enough to stop me from eating it occasionally, so it has to be worth the pain. My dh loves bread and baked goods, so he's the major consumer around here. However, he is constantly asking for more - Friday he got me a new book on pizza making.
We got a home equity loan last month, and yesterday selected carpeting for the rooms that used to be the boys' bedrooms. Hoping the work can get done before Christmas, when a couple of them will be coming to visit.
Today is a long walk - 12 miles, laundry, and getting ready for the week. Have a great next workout.
Cookie

Good morning,

I will do a stretch and something else??? Need to burn some TG calories, lol.

Cookie - bell icon having a sale this weekend. I checked them out yesterday, couldn't believe how expensive they are. Have fun shopping.

Kirstin - Aleisa and I went BF shopping. We only went to Costco and TGMax. Have fun shopping, I am almost done.

Debbie - I ordered Tasha KB from groupon and canceled twice, lol. My P90X didn't come directly from BB, it was shipped by Mary? I think, it was a used set??? It was in shrink-wrap too? Every single dvd was scratched. Mary ordered me another set from BB. Tuesday I will get Pump, Slime and TF. So, you only bought Pump? LOL!

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Hey everyone. Just finished my workout for today, Crossfire. I did the no tabata premix, which is a great premix. It does the fitness and circuit blast and then the upper body core. According to the Workout Manager, I burned 645 calories. Not bad. I cannot believe tomorrow is the first day of December. I am going to be dropping the kids off to my brother's house to hang out. Then I am taking Baxter to the beach to walk (it is 57 degrees out and I figured he would enjoy something different. When I get back I have one more class of papers to grade and lessons to prepare. I am taking my dad to the doctor on Tuesday to get an epidural for his back, so I need to take the day off. I don't mind though; he does so much for us. At first I was going to just go in late, but I figure if he needs me afterwards, I want to be around.

Belinda- I won't be shopping until my next paycheck, which is Dec. 12th. :(. We plan on getting our tree this week though.

Cookie- my older DS is into Xbox, but he is asking for a lot of baseball stuff (some bat that is expensive and a pitching machine). My younger DS is into art stuff, so he wants stencils and clay and they both want wrestlers.

Deb- I've shopped a few times on Christmas Eve. Not very fun, but there are deals that day, lol.

okay, off to shower. I am a sweaty mess now!

Kristin

Good afternoon,

DH and I went for a nice long walk with the dogs. It's so nice outside.

Kirstin - I think I am done with xmas shopping. I'll bet Baxter enjoyed that walk on the beach today.

I will do my stretch after I am done posting. I will see you tomorrow. Have a great Sunday, everyone.

Hi,

Quick hello, no workout but lots of steps at the outlets. I didn't my much because it would be so far for returns but my SILs did really good & my niece too. It was a nice day even though the sun didn't come out much.

Belinda - That's scary that the dvds were in shrink wrap & still scratched. You went to 2 good stores:)

Kristin - A walk on the beach sounds awesome, does Baxter try & go in the water? Our last dog would always go for a swim even in the winter:)

Cookie - I'm sure if I made homemade bread it would be all I would want! Lately like tonight my stomach hurts & bloats when I eat whole wheat pasta thinking of throwing it all out. Your hubby has it right with the bread & baked goods but it would go straight to my hips:eek:

Waves hi to everyone

Good morning,

Workouts are done! I did SBF LB and Jessica Smith Single Sided Strength = 53 min.

Today is my 31 Wedding Anniversary :)

Debbie - Mary sent me the P90X box? It smelled like a lot of smoke too? I think I got a used box some how? Now it will come directly from Beach body…..I hope? Check your dvd's for scratches and make sure they play? I have a lot of problems with BB dvd's not playing? It's frustrating when that happens, but BB is really good replacing the dvd's with no problems. Love their programs.

Waving hi to everyone that checks in after me. Have a great Monday.

Hello Ladies!

Well, it was quite an eventful week for me. DD had a temperature of 104.4 the night before Thanksgiving. Ended up at urgent care and we got her some medicine and now she's fine, but that totally freaked me out. On Thanksgiving, I sliced my hand open on a mandolin. Can't stitch it (I waited too long to get it check out) and now it's wrapped and I have prescription antibiotic that I need to use twice a day. Then they checked my lungs-still issues-so I have a new prescription to take. GAH. I swear I might never workout again at this rate...

BUT on the good side-still only four pounds from goal weight, which is amazing because I haven't worked out AT ALL in November! I only ate one grain dish during Thanksgiving (cornbread dressing) and have eaten about a serving a day but that was my only cheat. Back on the plan TODAY.

Belinda-Happy anniversary!!

Debbie-Since I dropped grains, that bloated feeling completely went away. I got a spiralizer and do zucchini noodles for spaghetti. :)

Kristin-Crossfire is a hard workout! Well done!

Cookie-Um yeah the one armed burps WILL NOT be happening in my world, LOL!

:) Wendy

Hi everyone. I saw in the Cathe email that RWH should be getting to us soon! Cathe's rotation for this month even includes the workouts for the last two weeks in December! I decided I am going to follow this month's rotation to keep myself motivated and moving in the right direction. It called for Supercuts today, but I just did Crossfire yesterday, and my lower back is sore from those plank/sidesnatches, so I decided to make CF my first workout for the rotation and today was day 2 for me. I did Step Moves. That was the right paced workout for me today after CF yesterday, lol. I don't have pure strength, so I am going to do Xtrain Burn sets this week instead.

I have to take a personal day tomorrow to take my dad to get an epidural. This is supposed to help alleviate the pain he is feeling in his low back and leg. I am hoping it works for him, fingers crossed. He walks so stiff these days. It hurts to see him like that, my father, my superman.

Wendy- you have had a very rough November!!! I am hoping that December is a much better month for you, and a better end to the year. Nice job on the weight loss. I need to get my eating under control. It is all about the diet, I think.

Deb- I really don't think Baxter can swim, lol. He will go in to dip his feet, but nothing else. He didn't attempt to go in the water yesterday though, lol. It felt good to walk around there yesterday. Tomorrow the temps are supposed to drop. When I walked him tonight it was pretty cold out. It was pretty though with all the Christmas lights out. I don't mind walking him at night this time of the year. . . After New Year's I hate it, lol.

Belinda- Happy Anniversary! 31 Years! Wonderful! Congrats.

Waving hello to Cookie and Amelia,

Kristin

'Evening!
Belinda, how are you doing with your tooth and gum? Hope everything is healing okay.
Amelia, hey there! Check in when you can.
Jessica, where are you?
Kristin, hoping things go well for your dad tomorrow. It is so hard to see our loved ones suffering. I'm thinking of doing Cathe's rotation also. I love kickboxing, and there's a few of them in the first week alone. My dogs love the water, I mean love it! The goldens used to swim for hours but even this crew is happy to find any and all water. Perhaps it is in their genes. It's great that art supplies will be a gift. Not surprised about the baseball stuff!
Wendy, boy, I sure hope December is much better for you. How is your dd doing now? That's scary how high her temperature was. Are you managing to lose weight? Are you coughing so much you can't eat? Hope you're taking care of yourself.
Deb, this past weekend dh brought home a new pizza cookbook, and he never ever cooks! Guess it was a huge hint. Good on getting in lots of steps and fun but sorry you didn't find many purchases. How's your ds gf doing? Has she recovered from the trauma of the accident? They are frightening.
Yesterday ended up getting in about 14 miles. Cloudy but not as windy as today was. This morning did JS single-side strength and a Firm Express cardio. Didn't see Cathe's Dec rotation til too late.
Cookie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.