Commit to get fit and lean for Thu Jan 17th 2008

Belinda,would broccoli be a good sub for the spinach? Not crazy about spinach!

I got the recipe and have gotten everything for it except I bought the chopped broccolli instead...I hope it turns out good! I plan on making it soon!

ok,gotta go get some home work done(almost said workout,LOL;-))

Well I finished 4ds legs, MM legs, and MM abs. I sure am glad this workout is over I hate working legs and abs. Those low pulse lunges in 4ds are evil. I may get in some yoga later on today.

Belinda - The mini egg quiches look yummy. Is that a recipe you came up with on your own or is it from the Eating for Life cookbook? By the way what breed are your two dogs?

Amelia - I also hate cleaning the bathrooms, we have 3 1/2 and it is a lot of work to keep them all clean. My back usually ends up hurting afterwards from bending over so much to scrub everything. Awww you are very sweet to say that about my wedding picture, thank you very much. I received my undergraduate degree from Stephen F. Austin State University which is a land based college. The group projects were kind of annoying but went much more smoothly than these online. I swear it is complete chaos...lol It is just so unorganized and we really don't have any way to meet all at once to do work or discuss the project. It is due soon and a few weeks after that we have a very large paper due, minimum 25 pages. All this is on top of our regular weekly assignments. Can you tell I'm not liking school so much anymore...lol It is just ridiculous the amount of useless busy work we get assigned in grad school. I just keep telling myself two more classes and then you can stop and take a break. Good job on the workout, BM2 double upper body is a tough one.:)

Hey everyone. I just finished 4DS Boot Camp. It was tough today. I almost gave up (during the warm-up) because I was so sore from yesterday and thought about switching today with tomorrow on the rotation (which would have meant yoga today) but I decided to stick with the plan. It also took extra-long because Ewan woke from his nap too early and was underfoot. Then I had to go pick Isaac up at the bus stop before I was done. Then they were fussing and fighting so I kept having to pause to wrangle with them. But I'm done. Whew. My arms are burnin' already.

Shannon, my step-brother went to SFA as well. He was there well before your time, I'm sure as he's 8 years older than I am (I'm 33).

OK, hurts to type right now so I'm going to go.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Hi ladies,

Wow, you are all so chatty. It's hard for me to keep up with it ;-) .

I did 4DS Kickbox and Legs. I find it a very nice workout and sure works the legs.

Belinda - Yes, I had a nice lunch with my friend. Haven't seen her in 4 weeks and I missed her and it was nice to catch up. Have fun with you new steps. I love new toys!!! ;-)

Lori - Heidi is walking here and there. She is really cautious and it is so cute to watch her. She waves with her arms sometimes while she walks, it's so funny! Love you new jeep!!!

Amelia - I was thinking the same thing about the snow then I was in Germany. I really forgot how beautiful it is and it made me a little sad. Just not happening here in Texas with the snow. Why again did I move here? ;-)

Stacey - What kinda of pilates workouts do you do? I have two, but for some reason I can't get into it, but I know how good it works the abs. Mine don't though, I must be doing something wrong. :(

Carrie - Hang in there only two more weeks. I had the same thing than I was doing the Lean Rotation, at the end it just started to get kinda boring. The same workouts over and over again.

Lainie - Hi girl. Feeling ok, got good meds for my cold, so that helps :D . I really enjoyed the 4DS rotation. I did it in November and the workouts are so much fun. Really noticed are strength gain, it's very good weight work in my opinion.

Shannon - Welcome to the group!!! I live in Texas as well, in Fort Worth. I am from Germany, met my DH over there and moved to the US in 2000. I have 2 stepdaughters and one daughter of my own, who turned one in December and I have two dogs. Really nice to meet you!!!

Ok, gotta check on my little girl. Maybe I'll be back later.

Kristine :)

Hi again!

Just a quick hello and to say good job to Shannon, Lainie, and Kristine on the 4ds workouts today!!

Kristine, my favorite pilates instructor is Ellen Barrett. I alternate using the Crunch Superslimdown yoga/pilates dvd with Ellen along with the Prevention Flatten your Belly with Pilates with Michelle Dozois (I like her too). I know there are a ton of other pilates dvd's out there, but so far these two instructors and these dvd's in particular are working for me. My core is very weak after 3 kids, and pilates feels MUCH better than traditional ab work for me, and I am seeing results. Hope that helps...

Stacey

Hi Girls!:)

Im back at work. Its 8 o'clock here and I almost have all of my work done. That means I get to lounge and watch some t.v.Im hoping to get a good nap at work tonight b/c DS as his needles in the morning and I won't get to nap when I get home.

Todays workout was a quickie. I didn't realize how sore my legs were until I started running. Actually, they are more tight then they are sore. Im wondering when to start my next round of weight lifting for the week b/c I am working Mon and Tues days...kind of hard to get a good workout in when I am working all day. Im considering starting again on Sun...or maybe even Sat.
Soooo, I did a 5 mile run, abs and seg 3 of SM. Im not sure what I will do tomorrow or if I will do anything. It may be a rest day. Depening on how I feel I may take a nap when DS takes one.

Belinda** Nice workout. Sometimes I wonder where you are in the night time, then I remember the time dif! LOL

Kristine** Glad to hear you enjoyed your workout. Is Heidi as busy as Rylan and Ryan seem to be! Lord help you if she is! hehe

Cheryl** Come out, come out wherever you are!

Laine** Glad to hear you are enjoying the new rotation. It is a great series, thats forsure.

Amelia** Yeah, the scale will eventually work in your favor. Sometimes I forget how much you have lost until I see you ticker. You have done great!

Carrie** I would be so ready for a change if I were doing the same workouts for 12 weeks! I can't handle that! Im looking forward to hearing about your progress though.

Stacy** I would consider shoveling a workout...without a doubt! Snow can be heavy! Enjoy your workout tonight.

Shannon** Kiddies are a treat but they are alot of work. They are well worth it though. We say right now that we aren't having anymore but I wouldn't be surprised if that changed.

Here were my meals for today:

M#1-2 pancakes,1 tbsp yogurt,syrup
M#2-Brownie:eek: :-( :9 Hangs head in shame!
M#3-1/2 pita pizza
M#4-Salad and salmon.

Hope I didn't miss anyone!

Lori:)

Lanie - Your stepbrother went to SFA, that's neat. I really liked it there, good professors and a pretty campus. Good job on your workout, 4DS Boot Camp is a lot of fun.

Kristine - Thank you welcoming me. You live in Fort Worth, I am originally from Cooper, Texas which is not too awfully far from Ft. Worth, probably about two hours. I moved to this area with my dad about 8 years ago. How do you like living in Ft. Worth?

Lori - Sounds like you had a great workout. The five mile run alone is a lot:) Kids are so sweet but seem like a lot of work but I am sure they are completely worth it. For now I am enjoying spoiling my nieces and then sending them back to their mother when they get fussy..lol One will turn three in March and the other is almost a year old. I love them very much, they truly are a joy to be around.

Well I am off to do some school work. Have a great night everyone, talk to you tomorrow.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.