COMMIT TO GET FIT AND LEAN FOR JUNE 21, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I will do M1 D4 today. I ended up taking a rest day yesterday. DH and I walked the dogs.

Iris, Helene and Cookie have fun with Cathe today;)

I will be back later. Work it, girls!

Good Morning!:)

I feel great today...compared to the last two mornings:eek: DH's party went well. It was a good group of folks...not the back stabbing ones!;) We didn't call it a night until 4'ish and I drank waaaay to much. I lost count b/c I moved on to punch so I couldn't count my empties! LOL Got up around 11:30...head was huge...tired all day and then I went for a 9.5 km run...thinking it might help! LOL It didn't. I also went on call for my coworker on sat night so I got called into work and on top of everything else had to start my morning @ 5:40:confused: I didn't even get to come home after that b/c I had another flight @ 7:30, that showed up @ 6:30 and was a complete disaster. Then I had another one @ 10:30, so I stayed and just called it a day at 2'ish. Last night I fell asleep with DS, got up for about an hour and went right back to bed again.

So I took a much needed rest day yesterday. I did want to do a run that was starting @ 2 and it was a fundraiser but when I mentioned it to DH he got all weird about it. We weren't on the best of terms yesterday to say the least. Then I thought maybe I was in the wrong to think I should run on Fathers day but when we were at my MIL"s for dinner, my SIL asked how come I didn't go to the fundraiser earlier that day and they both thought it was weird that DH acted like that.

Anyway....back to work again today. My eating also needs to get back on track...my pants were a wee bit snug last week:eek: and a nice workout this a.m should help.

I am hoping to catch up on personals later. I am not sure what work will be like today. I worked with some different guys yesterday and I got the scoop that no one is happy and the old man who use to own it before, is still driving everyone nuts and as gotten worse.We thought he was going to make himself scarise after it was sold, but he didn't. Actually, when I went in the other day @ 9:30 he was stood there looking at his watch!:mad: I just ignored him. When there were four girls our day started @ 8...they need to get that time out of their heads!

Enough rambling!!

Lori:)

Morning,

Belinda: Wish we could all go see Cathe, but it is just Iris going. We'll get the report when she gets back I'm sure. Have fun with M1 today :)

Lori: There you are. You've been busy. Can't believe the guy would look at his watch with the weird hours you guys put in. That just isn't right. Somebody needs to tell him he needs to come in with you guys in the middle of the night and then make sure he is there at 8 everyday. Glad you had fun this weekend though ;)

Hi to everyone else. I'm all caught up from last night's post since I was the last one to check-in.

I think today will probably be a rest day. I have a long day at work, plus work again from 9 to 11 PM. So I think I'll just go for a nice walk at lunchtime. If I have courage I will start Meso 3, if not I will do it tomorrow instead. I am just beat from the weekend :eek: time to go sit on a chair at work.

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning Ladies

Sitting here in the lobby, Kris and Sue are still asleep......lol I think I was asleep in five seconds yesterday. It took me about 4 and a half hours to get here, and then as soon as I got here I went for a run. (Why did I do that?? I have no idea...lol) Then I went to Kmart, DC called, so I called back and chatted for a bit , then went to Uno's to sit at the bar and wait for the girls to arrive. I had the best Watermelon, Blueberry, and Spinach Salad....it was awesome!

Helene- The race is September 18th. I will pm you the link sometime this weekend, when I catch up with myself...lol Ummm...yeah maybe you're right about DG and having a heart attack, especially after his history. :confused: On the flip side of that, he's not going anywhere, he's so miserable, he'll be around til at least 90. Sounds like you need some re-fueling there, my friend. You've been hitting it really really hard!

Amelia- Congrats on your WI! Ok...I'm almost sold on GRFS rotation...it's between that and the STS one she came up with.... did you hear about Lady Gaga trying to talk herself into the locker room at the Yankee game?? lol

Deb- Looking forward to meeting you!!! Have a safe trip! :D

Cookie- Hope all is well with you!

Lori- Sounds like you've had a tiring couple of days. :confused: Your boss / ex boss/ whatever he is these days, needs to relaxxxx...lol I would have ignored him too if he was looking at his watch. Glad your DH's party went well!! Sounds like we both had a late night on Friday.....at least you went home....:eek:

Ok I think that kinda catches me up. Class isn't for 3 hours, but I can't sleep! I'm so used to being up at this hour...... Ok I have no idea where I'm landing tonight, I'm kinda flying by the seat of my pants here, lol. So with that said, have a wonderful day, ladies!

I am sorry, I haven't answered personals lately. My DH hurt his back last week, I have been taking him to the doctor for shots. I am so busy with house, dogs and still had jet lag last week, plus I am still going to the doctor for myself. I will try to do better this week.

Took DH to the doctor this morning, still no workout. I do it this afternoon.

Have a great workout, girls!

Morning

Ugh,I can't believe i woke up at 10:10 this morning:confused: .I'm hoping I will get a call back soon, i sent out a lot of resume's...i remember one of teachers from school saying that and Aug-Sept are the best months to get call backs(because kids/interns go back to school).

Today's workout will be a cardio of some sorts, not sure yet. Maybe i will get on the treadmill and do a cardio coach? My legs are so tired from yesterdays DM:confused:

Lori-Wow, busy couple of days for you. Nice job on your run.

Belinda-Sorry to hear about your DH hurting his back...hope it heals quickly for him. Have a good workout later!

Helene-I've thought about taking two rest days a week, i wonder if i would still lose weight if i did? Sure would be nice. My legs were so tired yesterday after DM, i could feel then all day long. I think Im going to make another ticker...a 'end of the year goal weight' ticker.

Iris-LMAO, i didn't hear about Lady gaga...thats funny, she's kinda shot out anyway so I'm not suprised. Mmmm, that salad sounds refreshing.

bbl

Hey Girls!

I had a good workout earlier. I did abs, then a 5 mile run mixed in with one of the newer weight dvds I bought.

Belinda** Sorry to hear DH hurt his back. I am guessing he isn't working?? So you have a baby on your hands?;)

Iris** Where are you????? LOL That salad sounds yummy!!

Ameila** Congrats on the 5 lbs lost. I did skim through yesterdays thread and of course that jumped out at me!! Woo Hoo!!

Helene** Hope your day isn't to crazy! I know there are alot of weird things that happen around here and when they happen when I am PMS'ing...its just not good!

I will bbl!
Lori:)

Afternoon girls,

Thanks again for all the encouraging words. Each day I feel a bit more like my old self - I still don't have it all sorted out yet, but one day at a time for now. Today's wo was iClimb15 (40 min, 403 cals, 5.6 mi) + LIC in the AM and I did GS C&T at the gym during lunch. Both my chest and tris are FRIED!! Felt good to pick up heavy weight. 8 weeks of endurance wos left me with a little muscle sag:confused: Karate Kid was great yesterday (a little much for the little one...don't know what I was thinking when I picked that over Toy Story!!).

Belinda - Sounds like you are having a busy time. When my DH gets sick it's worse than having a sick child! Hope your DH isn't quite as bad.

Iris - Cathe posted on fb that 'Iris' would be doing her Bootcamp class! I wondered how many women named Iris could be walking around doing Cathe and knew it had to be you...Have fun!

Helene - Thanks so much for your novel;) yesterday. I LOVE the idea that all food is good for you (body or soul). It doesn't make a treat sound so negative. No more 'bad' food going forward...I have a new definition of soul food! LOL!! My dietitian also recommends only counting total calories. I use an app on my phone for tracking cals and lately don't bother even looking at the macros because I love summer fruit and like to have something at every meal and the balance is a bit off. Please tell me more about the BFFM challenge you are doing. I just put in a request for Venuto's Body Fat Solution audiobook at my library. Hopefully, it will be in soon. Congrats on your weight loss! Those numbers are AWESOME!

Lori - That's really challenging when old management sticks around under the new management. We had a really bad situation here once where a new manager was brought in to manage the old manager (yeah, they both had the title of manager!!). It was awful and resulted in the old manager being fired. Hopefully new management will be able to straighten out the old dude. Nice wo's today;)

Amelia - Congrats on your weight loss!! That is a great jump! I just checked out your blog...love that pic of you! Thanks for your two cents:D...those are great suggestions which I will definitely give a try. I added AM Yoga to my queue. I used to do a little yoga in the early mornings and it was a great way to start the day!

Deb - So, you're off to bootcamp too?? Hope you and Iris are having a blast! The stress has been the worst part but I can feel it lessening. The sad thing is, I don't really see any big physical changes after a binge, but psychologically it destroys me. I have been using some of Amelia and Helene's suggestions and it seems to help...almost like talking myself off of a ledge..LOL!

Cookie - Hope you had a great weekend and aren't too swamped at work!

BBL

Hi girls,

Cathe kicked our butts:D in a good way. Cathe is the "best" if you ever have the chance you should either go on a roadtrip or visit her in NJ. It's so much fun taking a live class. Iris is so nice & funny too . . . I'm glad I crashed her party and was able to meet her. Iris & the Daytona girls were awesome in class and had lots of energy:) Jai also happened to pop in for the class too!

Belinda - Sorry about your DH, I guess it's his turn to be taken care of ;)

Lori - I was getting tired just reading you weekend party/work schedule:)

Iris - Do you always have that much energy?? Did you end up going home or to Vernon? It was great to meet you:) I was wondering if you would meet another "D" on this trip:D

Amelia - Maybe it's best you don't hear from anyone till Aug/Sept. when the kiddies go back to school. Will either of them be full-time this year?

Trish - It took me about 2 hours to get to Cathe's but I was going against traffic it would take you less maybe you will consider it next time:)

Helene - You deserve a rest day:) Maybe someday you, Iris & Cookie could share the driving and take a class at Cathe's . . . I'm sure you guys would have so much fun before you even made it past the Jersey border:D

Cookie - We missed you today:( It would be such a long day for you to do it in one day. I just told DH I felt funny asking about the waitlist, he can't believe I wouldn't just ask:eek: I may email in a few days just to make sure they have the right contact info:)

Have a great day:)

Evening!
Belinda, how did your dh hurt his back? Gee, you two are having quite the year. Hope things get better very quickly. Don't forget to take care of yourself.
Lori, what was that guy thinking - checking his watch with you. Where was he during the middle of night refuels? Geesh. Wonder what was up with your dh and the fundraiser. Maybe he didn't hear you correctly?
Amelia, congrats on the 5 lbs. I like that you and Helene have set a goal. She'll keep you too it. Only thing is she seems to change dates...I want to see both Toy Story and Karate Kid - heard they're really good.
Trish, we're here for you. Have you ever read the Beck Diet Solution? She's a cognitive therapist and provides some good thinking exercises. I beat myself up over my eating all the time, yet haven't changed wt in yrs! It stays about the same no matter what - sts, cardio, cookies. I'll go thru cycles where I'm so clean with my eating it is more like Clorox and others that are full of cookies (my nemesis), and then I take a look around and wonder what am I putting myself into a knot about. For me it can be a way of having a feeling of control over something when other things in life (like work) are crazy. Take care.
Helene, September? I sure don't remember that, but you're on! Oh yeah! I was telling a couple of people today about our agreement and that it ended on July 30th. One of them asked how long have I done it and proudly said ten days, and the girl burst out laughing. She said I'd never make it, and now to September 4th. Wow. But I can do it, you'll see.
Iris, glad you made it to NJ and met Cathe. Hey now your famous for being on her fb. Okay who is DR? How did I miss him? You must be exhausted, hoping you're resting now.
Deb, I know what you mean, I would have have a hard time asking also. If only I was a tough as I sound. Yesterday all my bils, brothers, and dh went out to dinner for Father's Day with all the rest of the family. Since it was my idea it would have been bad form for me to miss it, plus with my family I never would have heard the end of it. Had Mediterrean sea bass and oh my, it was sooo good. Maybe we can all meet up and go one day this summer to Cathe's. Was it a bootcamp class? Any interesting things you did?
Yesterday did 40/20 and 30/30, and today was MM and a quick walk.
Cookie

Evening,

My meeting tonight got cancelled :D:D:D:D:D

Deb: That class sounded awesome. Thanks for letting us know how it went. Iris probably won't be back until later tomorrow or the day after I think. I'd love to meet you too someday. I hope your name moves up the list :D

Cookie: I guess we'll have to see with Iris what date we agreed on so that we will know who is the date changer. But you know, that girl laughing and saying you couldn't do it would be like waving a red flag in front of a bull for me. :p That sea bass sounded wonderful!

Trish: Great novel wasn't it. I read a couple of articles from BFFM today that were so spot on with all this eating thing. I would have send you the link if you were a member. Anyway, about the challenge. It's actually closed to new entries, but there is nothing that says you can't do one right along with me. I have 11 weeks to go, I am working my buns off and eating well. I enter all my food into an online journal. I could share it with you if you wanted to see what I eat. I did that with someone else and it keeps me honest and logging everything. Are you logging everything you eat no matter what? I have to send you that form :confused: Sorry about the delay. Great job on the workout :)

Belinda: So sorry about your DH. I hope you are feeling well and can take good care of him. Hopefully he will bounce back quickly. Don't worry about posting to us. We'll still be here later on.

Amelia: Great that we are on. I can't wait to see what I can achieve by the end of this year if I keep working at it like that. I hope that you get a callback sometime soon. :confused: I am sorry that this economy stinks so much right now for everyone.

Iris: Glad you made it down safe and took the class. It's so much fun that you got to meet someone else from this thread. You and Cookie are now even and know as many people in person

Lori: Nice workout with the PMS monster around. LOL, I wish men could experience what we go through for just one year. For goodness' sake, even the bleeding part is so annoying!!!! All right maybe that was TMI.

Alright. So I said rest unless I had energy tonight right? So I had energy tonight :D and had an awesome d21 chest and back M3 workout where I upped all my weights. I so love doing those STS workouts. I love Cathe's personality and I have absolutely no dread factor. It's wonderful.

See you all in the morning.

Good evening,

Helene - on the meetting. I feel the same way about Cathe, no dread factor! I just love her and her workouts. WTG, on your workout today.

Cookie - nice job yesterday and today! My husband hurt his back a few years back, he has a few slipped discs.

Debbie and Iris - sounds like you had an awesome time with Cathe! Glad you all got to meet.

Trish - DH is a big baby when he is sick! Awesome job, on your workout today.

Lori - what new dvd's did you buy? Great job on your wo today.

Amelia - congrats on that weight loss last week! That's fantastic, girl!

Good night, girls! See you all in the morning!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.