~*~*~*~*Come & Melt with me this Tuesday!~*~*~*~

I got up early to work out (so far have only done cardio from BM2 but hope to fit in upper body at some point).

I have my teeth out today. Yikes. I was also supposed to go to the dermatologist today again but I think I'll postpone that one. I can only take so much torture in one day.

Oh, and I wore my fabulous new Oh My Bod outfit to do BM2...because it's the BM2 outfit--well, the one Cedie wore, with the longer top. I am pudgy in it, so I hope I can lose a bit more weight before the road trip.

I dreamed last night that I went on the RT. It was zany. It rained a lot and none of my clothes fit. Well, that sounds like a regular day, actually. Plus I had my kids with me for some reason. What a nightmare. We each had to give a performance before judges and my boys joined me and totally stole the show from me. Typical. Oh, and my hotel room was haunted. Then I couldn't find my new outfit (the one I wore to work out today) so I was very relieved to find it when I awoke.

BBL for personal interaction.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Hello Lainie and Other Melters.

Your dreams are WOW! Especially since you remember them so well too.

Looks like rain here today. Right now, I'm tired of working out to DVDs and feel the need to be outside so I might walk tonight.

Hope you all have a Great Day!!

Tneah-did you get my pm?

Morning Lainie and Jennifer and all who follow~

Well, I didn't get up early to work out this morning. Actually, I *did* get up early, took the dogs out, but then I was busy doing *ahem* other things, so I didn't get a chance to fit my run in. I'll do it tonight, maybe outside if it isn't raining.

Lainie - teeth out and derm in the same day would just be pure hell. Definitely cancel the dermatologist! That sounds like one of my dreams. I always remember a looooong time ago, watching Rosie O'Donnell do a stand-up routine, and she was talking about dreams and how twisted they can be. I remember this one line... "And then the Oak Ridge Boys came in, wearing lederhosen and doing a clog dance, but it was okay, because I had the spatula!".

Jennifer - are you actually going to let us know what this dang phone call is about?

Tneah - I'm a little bit LOL about the chiro saying your girls could be giving you back problems. My grandma (mom's mom) was VERY well-endowed, naturally. She had deep, deep grooves in her shoulders from her bra over the years. When she was 79, she was all set to go in for a reduction, but then they decided that it might not be a good idea for her to go under the anaesthetic because of her age. So listen to your chiro!!! ;-)

Leanne - let us know how the dunking goes! You'll be just fine in your bathing suit. I bet you a million bucks the woman doing the test has seen things that will make you look like a supermodel;)

All right, I better shut up and get a move on here. I'll bbl to chat more.

Good Morning Lainie and all that follow!

Lainie: Thanks for getting us started today!;-) I think your rotation looks like a good one! You know what the definition of a good one is? One that you actually do! LOL Would the village actually give you a hard time on the permit?

Another bad night of no sleep and no workout this morning.. What is up with that? I think I need a sugar/chocolate INTERVENTION!}( ..again I ate those darn sponge candy at lunch time and after dinner. I drink only decafe coffee once I get to work, then pummel myself with chocolate during the day and after dinner.. WHAT WAS I THINING?? Enough whining..

Shelly:
My heart and prayers go out to your sister, and (((HUGS)) to you. We are all here for you and you can vent or do, say whatever makes you feel better. (Please make sure you have had the screening
(colonoscopy) as well, because this disease runs in families especially in siblings)

Jennifer:
Sending you good Vibes for positive results with the much interesting phone call!

Shannon:
Thanks for the cooking tips! We love the crockpot too and use it a lot in the winter. Yes.. you must post a pic of the painting! I love muted and flowing with no sharp edges! Gross on the horse parrings puke!

Leanne:
Yes.. a little stressed about work right now and only 2 days left. We got an e-mail asking for some performance reports on all our managers and all of their non-hourly people and we have to have it in to my boss by June 12.. I am only here today and tomorrow then off to
Chicago, and "supposedly" on vacation next week.. not sure how to get it done before I leave.. needless to say, the managers that work for me were not too happy yesterday at 4:00 when I dropped this bomb on them. So the today and tomorrow will be h@ll!}( Funny, how we all have different likes and dislikes when it comes to workouts..you did 2 of the ones I sold on Ebay yesterday!

Tneah:
Is Georgie beautius now?;-) I too wonder what I would eat if I was a Vegetarian.. I don;t like fish that much, and forget tofu (yuk!)..I like meat so it wouldn;t work for me!

Kara:
I would like to try the pull ups assisted with the band, but could never understand how to do it! Such a dork! Is there a picture of it somewhere? We are all set for Thursday, except for packing, taking Kelsey to where she stays while we are gone, getting stuff ready in the house for Keegan..etc..etc ..I guess we aren't as ready as I thought! Tread & Tush & 4DS Legs??? WOW! I would be crawling up the stairs after that one!

Gotta run...have a great day!

Deb:)

Hello, everyone!

Lanie - you're up bright and early! I hope the dentist isn't too painful. There's nothing really pleasant about a dentist, no matter what you have to go in for, is there? I just love the BM2 cardio, it's one of my favorites!

Jennifer - I agree with Shelley. Cough it up. Come on. And enjoy your walk tonight.

Shelley - well, you know, sometimes there are things that are more important than a workout, right? ;) Oh, your poor grandmother! She must have been miserable her whole life, with a bra cutting into her back!!!

Deb - okay, girl, no more sweets past 1 p.m.!!! How's that sound? Then you can have your dessert after lunch, but no more snacks after that. Be a good girl. :p I hope you have a very good vacation!

So, last night I had it all planned to do the LIC cardio premix. But by the time I finished taking care of the horses and walked back home, my calf was feeling rather strange. So I ditched the cardio and did GS CT, since this is my Gym Styles week. Aren't you proud of me? I actually listened to my body. What a remarkable thing.

I got a good workout and had the odd experience of having my right tricep completely fail on me. I was doing the lying tricep extensions where she works both arms at once. The right one said "I'm done!" but the left one was just fine. So I held the right db down close to my body and finished the set with the left.

Today will be a rest day. I figure I might as well take it easy one more day, since the calf isn't as good as I thought it was.

Deb - QUIT EATING CHOCOLATE AFTER DINNER!!! There... did that help?:p Yes, I know I should go get checked out. Just working up the courage to see my doctor (who is a freak) about it.

Shannon - don't you love it when you work a muscle to failure?:) I don't ever remember Nanny complaining until she got older. And she worked standing up her whole life too. She was a colour/perm technician for Clairol and Helene Curtis. She helped develop all the Clairol hair colours and home perms. Left my Grandpa and went to work in NYC all by herself in the 50's. AND she had a black boyfriend. How daring of her way back then! She was the original Sex and the City girl, I guess:p

Good morning, all!

Got up at 5:30 again this morning. I keep thinking that I'll be able to start sleeping in a bit, but it's not happening. Today I'm scheduled to do some sort of step cardio, but, in the spirit of fun, I've decided to do Amy B's new hi/lo workout instead. I'll have to get started on it early since I'm driving out to my dad's to meet them for lunch. It takes about an hour to get there, and gas is over $4.00 a gallon right now! Ug! But it'll be good to see him and his wife; they're leaving on Thursday to go to North Dakota for a few days so my dad can help with an auction for his deceased aunt's house. He'll only be gone a few days.

Lainie -- You're such the early bird today! I was expecting to see Shelley or Deb kicking off the thread. Hooray for your new Oh My Bod outfit! I bet you looked FANTASTIC in it! So last night I woke up in the middle of the night after having some crazy dream, and I remembered thinking that I had to tell you about it. Of course, now I can't remember what it was! Good luck today at the dentist, and keep us posted on how it goes!

Jennifer -- A walk outside sounds great! Hope that rain stays away! How have Saville and Madrid been doing?

Shelley -- Sounds like you had a great start to your morning!;-) Thanks, too, for the kind words about the bathing suit. I'll have to remind myself that this woman does this all the time. Your Nanny sounds like she was definitely ahead of her times! If you don't like your Dr., can you try to find someone who is non-freakish?

Deb -- Here's an intervention: step away from the sponge candy! Sorry that things are going to be so hectic for you at work before you leave for Chicago. Do you really think that you'll have to go in to work next week during your week off? I hope not! Yes, it is so funny how our workout tastes are so different! I've also found that I'll go through phases where I'll like a workout, and then not like it. Glad you're getting everything taken care of for Thursday!

Shannon -- Hooray for listening to your body last night! Good for you! I love that feeling of having a muscle group give out on you. Is that twisted?!

Kara -- How is the painting coming along? When my DH got home from work yesterday, I was checking out kettlebell clips on You Tube, and he actually seems interested in trying them out! We may look into getting him a KB sometime soon -- if he can stick with it!;-) What other size do you have besides the 15? I think that eventually I may need something larger than my 15 since I wasn't feeling too sore afterwards in my legs.:-(

Tneah -- How are you doing today, chica? Is your back feeling better? OMG -- I keep forgetting to tell you that I am noticing a HUGE difference by using the Hylexin twice a day! My super dark circles have really lightened up; I noticed last week, and even DH agreed with me when I asked him. I love it! Thank you again SOOO much!!

Leanne - we have a severe shortage of doctors here right now, so switching is pretty close to impossible. Have fun with Amy and at lunch with your dad!

Here is "Gorgeous George" after his grooming experience...he is a reluctant "poser".:)

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj39/tneah/HPIM0269.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj39/tneah/HPIM0271.jpg

Lainie, you are the early bird! Your dream sounded so strange, wish I could remember more of mine, the ones I do remember are really intense though. My thoughts are with you today at the dentist. I am going too, they pulled one tooth in the very back of my mouth, and want to put an implant in that spot. So looks like you and I are in it for the long haul here huh? I bet you look adorable in that BM2 outfit.:)

Shelley, your grandma sounds like my kinda gal! For sure she is the original Sex and the City girl.:7 Love that story. Sorry about her chest though, I know, these things can be so heavy, I attribute at least half of my bodyweight to these monstrous things.;) My DH would be sad if they went away though...whatever. Oh, and can I assume you enjoyed a little *ahem* nooky this morning? Shhh.....I will not tell I promise....:p Lucky girl...

Deb, Toss that dang candy out woman! I cannot keep peanut butter in the house due to the fact I am constantly visiting the jar all day long...so just toss it, out of sight, out of mind right? I get in those moods too, but my cravings are usually for fatty foods.:9 in whatever form...creamy, sweet, salty, crunchy, oh dear....Yeah, Keegan is almost here!:7

Shannon, good girl for listening to the body today. Very nice. Glad you skipped the cardio and did a weight workout instead, oh and that was so gross about the horse hooves and your pup. OMG.:p

Jennifer, yep, got your PM and responded. Enjoy your wonderful, peaceful walk tonight.:)

Leanne, so happy the Hylexin is working for you! See? Our products deliver they do!;) So you are gonna get the Dex scan done right? Super duper! Might have to schedule another one for myself actually...eek. I have totally gained bodyfat on my belly, not a ton, but its there.x( Screw it. Whatta gonna do? Oh yeah, I remember, two long arse cardio sessions a day and no carbs ever again. ;) Ha!Have fun lunching with the parents today...

I have my own dental appointment this morning...yippee. Just for some xrays and stuff to get him started on my implant. Again, yippee.x(

Not sure whats shaking workout-wise, I believe I have legs on tap, its a heavier leg day, so might try and make it to the gym...

Hello lovely ladies!

Lainie—Good luck at the dentist. I’ll be thinking of you!

Shelley—I fully intend to continue with my shallowness. See below! Just know that many thoughts and prayers are being sent north.

Jennifer—Spill the beans on the phone call!!!!

Shannon—Sorry that your calf is bothering you, but sticking to weights was wise. Good job!

Tneah—Is your back feeling better? That yoga sounds tough. I bet you’ll feel awesome afterwards though!

Leanne—The painting is progressing. Today I must tackle the doors. Ick. Anyway, I have been trying to get my DH to try kettlebells too. He likes “get in, get out” workouts and I think they would really appeal to him. Have you watched any clips of Steve Cotter? He is amazing! I hope your DH tries them! I have a 20, 25, 30.8, and 35lber. I use the 20 and 25 bells most frequently. I think the overhead squats (I use 20) and the windmills (just progressed to 20) are the exercises that really get my legs. Also, be sure to swing with your hips not your arms. You probably already know that, but it took me a few times to figure that out. I am sorry you didn’t have wicked DOMS, but that just means you are more fit than you realize! Yea! Don’t fret over the dunking. I am sure the results will be great! How was your workout? Isn’t the music fun in that one? I hope you have fun at lunch!

Deb—Hey there! You are not a dork! I am completely incompetent when working with bands most of the time! If you go to this site and scroll down, there is a good picture of a woman using the band http://www.ironwoodyfitness.com/fitness-bands.php. Also, this is a video that shows a woman using a band and her knee http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLMA9dMUQDA&NR=1. Another idea is to step on a chair and lift yourself up into the finished position on the bar. Then, slowly lower yourself. Negatives are how I have been able to increase my reps. This is a good demonstration http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opr72q6NKTc. I hope this helps!

Well, I am having a pity party today. When I was walking down the stairs yesterday, I stepped on a shoe and rolled my ankle outward which caused me to fall on it. After tears and some cursing, I iced it and loaded up on Advil. It kept me up most of the night and hurts like hell today. Ugh! I don’t think I tore any ligaments because the swelling isn’t that bad, but it just stinks. Then, Colin called last night upset over a quiz that he did poorly on. Unfortunately his “all or nothing” personality is not allowing him to find balance between classes and fun. He is so burned out from the school year that he doesn’t want to even think about quizzes and exams. I am glad I get to see him on Saturday. Ok, pity party over. I need to clean, paint, and organize!

Have a great day!

Kara

Shelley -- Aw, that's awful that it's so difficult to switch doctors!:-(

Tneah -- What a handsome boy Georgie is! Seriously, he looks so good with his sleek, shiny coat! He seems so shy in the photos!:) Glad that the dentist visit won't be too bad today, and it'll be nice to get those teeth back to normal soon. :7 Yes, the products are all wonderful! Thanks again so much! Oh, and I decided to do the hydrostatic/water testing instead of the Dex scan. :-( It was less than half the cost to do the water dunking, and I've been spending too much money lately.:-(

Kara -- Our postings crossed, so wanted to pop back in to say "hi." I'm so sorry to hear about your fall yesterday! :-( Just take it easy and try to stay off of it! Seriously, you probably shouldn't paint today either. Thanks for the KB info. You've got quite the collection going, which is great! Yes, I was swinging with my legs and not arms, which is why I think my KB is too light. I think I need something heavier to feel it in my legs. My Extreme Cardio workout arrived yesterday, so I previewed it last night. That one looks TOUGH! I'll probably stick to The KB Way for a few more weeks before I tackle the Extreme Cardio one. Yes, I was watching clips of Steve Cotter when DH got home yesterday, and we were both blown away by how strong he is! Mike was also interested in the "functional fitness" aspect of them, so we'll see if he decides to do it. He's been doing the regular P90 workouts on his own, and I think he needs a change. Thanks soooo much for all the great help!! Sorry that Colin is stressing out so much. Does the grade he get in this program transfer back to his school? It sounds like he really puts his all into his schoolwork, and it's too bad that the summer program isn't giving him a break. :-(

Before I forget, tomorrow or Thursday I need to go to Costco, and wanted to pick up some of those awesome comfy pants you've all mentioned. Does anyone know what brand they are? Should I just look for comfy, yoga-type pants? I may also pick up some more of those Karen Neuberger lounge socks. I love those things!

OK, off to do Amy and then head out for lunch. I'll check back in later today! Hope you all have great days!:D

Shelley - sometimes I like it, sometimes not. Actually, I really like it when it just about gives out on the last rep. It makes me feel like a weeny if I can't complete the set. :p

Leanne - heck, 5:30 is sleeping in for you, since you have to get up so early for work all the time! I'll bet you'll be sleeping until 7 before the summer is over. Have a safe trip to your Dad's!

Tneah - GEORGIE IS SO CUTE!!!! My goodness, what a pretty dog! He's just being modest, you know, not wanting to show off for the camera. Good luck at the dentist!

Kara - oh, your poor ankle! You deserve a little pity party. Take it easy today, okay?

So, if anybody wants to see something really gross, check in on the Haters thread and see what Michele's DH had for breakfast.
}( :eek:

Ok so I have frittered away my cardio time this am and now do not have time to do anything but shower and make that dental apppt.x( Shoot. Oh well...I always feel better when I do a little cardio in the am to "wake up". Again, oh well.

SICK! Head cheese? Why oh why?? I almost puked when on the last episode of Top Chef they made fried sweetbreads...x(

Kara, oh no! I am so sorry to hear about your ankle sweetie.:-( Please go to the doctor if it continues to swell, you might have torn something.

Off to the showers...I think I might dress like a gypsy today, I have this totally cool flowey skirt and a hippie tunic top that ties at the waist...with lots of bangles, curly hair, eyeliner...my DH calls this "costuming"...I call it being "creative in my clothing choices"....:7 Will put some Hendrix on in the car and have myself a groovy kind of day....

Hello,
I feel a bit awkward about this -- I've composed this email in my head several times, but I finally decided to just gut up and actually post it. (I’m sorry it’s long!) I've been reading your threads for a little while, and I was just wondering if you have room for one more person. If not, I understand -- I do feel a bit like a party crasher.

In reading your posts here and on the other forums, I like your personalities, I think you seem to have similar values to mine, similar concerns (body fat, food, shoes), similar feelings about your workouts, etc.

In case you do have room for another, I'll tell you about myself. I live in Austin, Texas. I have lived in Texas my whole life. I've been married for 18 and 1/2 years. I have identical twin daughters who are finishing their freshman year in high school. I'm 42, and I'm a nonpracticing attorney -- I quit practicing in 2002. My DH is also an attorney with a firm that represents public school districts.

I've been running and working out for many years, but I only discovered Cathe on FitTV several months ago when we finally broke down and got cable beyond Basic. I had worked out with some videos before -- Kathy Smith, Tamilee Webb, Jari Love, Keli Roberts, The Firm, that one in the Caribbean (found a 2 pack in the $1 section at Target a few years ago:)) -- but they didn't really do it for me. I guess I just didn't realize there were DVD instructors out there who could give me a really great and challenging workout – a sad and unenlightened life, I know, but also cheaper. ;-) Anyway, I was instantly hooked on Cathe and bought quite a few DVDs and pieces of equipment. Although I haven’t ordered STS yet, I think my DH is on board to do it with me. And, with his encouragement, I signed up for Road Trip in July; I’m quite nervous about it since I won’t know anyone, but I know it will be a blast! Of course, I’m spending a fortune on things I “need” for it.

The main reason I'm interested in joining a check in group at this point is because I have two more weeks of training for my DH's 42nd birthday challenge, and I need a group with whom I can share my feelings and frustrations who will understand. There's a lengthy back story to this (which you can read at our website if you are interested -- http://lhctodd.googlepages.com/) but my husband has been passionate for a few years about doing a series of physical challenges based on multiples of his age combined with a fundraising effort. This year I realized that the idea was never going to go away, and he probably wouldn’t ever actually do it – plan the training, the food, etc. – unless I joined him. So I agreed to do it with him. In a nutshell, in 42 hours on June 16 & 17, we will run 42K, bike 42 miles, swim 4200 yards, lift 4.2 tons, and do 420 pushups (mine will be on my knees) and 420 crunches. We’ll basically do half on Monday and half on Tuesday. We’ve sent letters to friends and family about the challenge and our desire to raise money for a local organization that feeds the homeless. Anyway, most of my workouts right now center around this, and it's getting a teensy bit old.

So I guess that’s my story, but I’m happy to answer any questions you might have about me. I’d love to join you if you’ll have me. And, as I said, if not, I understand. If you have room for another, please tell me the protocols, expectations, rules, etc., of the group.

Thanks for reading! Have a great day!

Just a quick note--I worked in a deli in high school and my boyfriend and his friends would come in daily just to order head cheese. They knew that I would have to unwrap and slice it and how that made me literally gag. The slicer would get caught on the *hunks* in the gel. Ewwww...don't ask why I continued to date the guy! }(

Shannon--Thanks for the memory! Michele's DH ATE it??????

Tneah--Have a fun, groovy day!

Leanne--It does sound like you need a heavier kettlebell. I had them on my Christmas and birthday lists, so the cost was a bit easier to swallow. I wish they were less expensive!

Thanks for the kind words about my ankle. I don't know if I should go to the doctor. It gives out on me every once in awhile, but doesn't *look* that bad. I guess I will wait and see.

Kara :)

OK, i have been cleaning Emma's room and while on top of her dresser, stuck my head in the moving ceiling fan. My ice pack is working overtime. I think I need to go back to bed.

Kristi--These lovely ladies welcomed me just a bit ago. They are great! I will read your post completely when I can see straight. :eek: Nice to *meet* you. :)

Kara

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back