Coconut milk in your coffee!

workoutaholic

Cathlete
I saw a thread recently about some peeps trying to go vegan or consume less dairy, and since I'm one of those, I thought I'd post. I had been using a non-dairy powdered creamer that I love, but I just realized it has milk-derived products and also has hydrogenated oils (even though it says 0 trans fats on the label). So, since I love coffee and haven't known quite what to do, I tried a can of light coconut milk today.

It's good! Obviously you'd have to like coconut, but it's not an overpowering flavor, and with a bit of agave nectar, I am loving it!

Just thought I'd share. I'd tried almond milk and rice milk but they just weren't creamy enough.

Oooh thanks! What a great idea! I never thought of that and I use coconut milk in my oatmeal! Thanks so much!!

Where do you find coconut milk? I tried the health food section in our local store, but they only had coconut water. Is this the same thing?

Thank,

Tina

Hi Tina, I think coconut water is the water from a young coconut, and it's very different from coconut milk (the water is more just like water, and the milk is more like creamy stuff). I actually found the coconut milk in the tiny Asian section of our Walmart! : )

I've only seen coconut milk canned, but I think you can get it other ways. This is the exact one I used: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0598MTJGANE2RZ51JAXC

It was the only one on the shelves that didn't have an artificial preservative. I opened the can and put the milk in a container and have just refrigerated it for the past few days. I am going to try and find an organic one soon if there are any.

The Whole Foods in my area sells different flavored coffee creamers made from coconut milk in the coffee creamer section. They had several of your typical creamer flavors like french vanilla, etc. I drink my coffee black, but bought some for a family gathering I hosted last weekend. Everyone seemed to like it.

Monica

The Whole Foods in my area sells different flavored coffee creamers made from coconut milk in the coffee creamer section. They had several of your typical creamer flavors like french vanilla, etc. I drink my coffee black, but bought some for a family gathering I hosted last weekend. Everyone seemed to like it.

Monica

Lucky! The nearest WF is 70 miles away from me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.