((((clean&tidy tuesday))))

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Just to get us started this AM. I have French lessons today and must clean for in-laws who arrive tomorrow.

Kate, I do get along with them - but just like any in-law, they are weird. ;) I'm thankful for their visit though!

Have a great day everyone. My goal is to be as clean as possible. Yesterday was good until I had a run-in with some cookies. :mad::mad::mad: Somehow, I always justify it.

Today is GS Legs which I'm quite scared of b/c I just don't like leg work. We'll see how it goes.

BBL

Good morning Angie and all to follow!!

Angie, sometimes I just have to make myself do a detox -- set a realistic number of days with no cheats, no sweets, no cheese, loads of fruits and veggies, that kind of thing. Two or three days to start with, then go from there. But remember that when you are lifting heavy, like with Gym Styles, your body needs good quality food. If you've covered all your basic food groups for the day, and still want a cookie, then eat one. If not, then eat a chocolate chip Clif bar;)

Well we have about 3 inches of snow here -- but NONE on the roads, too warm I guess. I wish I could stay home with Collin and play in it, but that won't happen. Maybe tonight after work.

WO this morning will be more 1RM testing. Be back soon....

good morning everyone

i need to go back and read yesterdays posts, but i do not know how long i have, so i will start here! slept well last night, thankfully, but my stress level is so high. i saw my therapist yesterday afternoon, and that helped. also took the dog for a lovely albe it cold walk. also good for me.dh is out of town again, but we are no longer fighting, so that is great. did a nice steady 9 miler today. abs, back, and bis later.

angie, good luck with the in laws - mine are nice too, but so very very weird.

katie, hope you get to enjoy the snow. bbl after i read yesterday.

i got an update from my little sis who is down with my mom for a week. she seems to think my mom is stable if sdhe has constant companionship. that will work for the time being. she is also willing to see a psychiatrist and hopefully get into a support group. the bad thing is, my dad is e mailing her constantly - not to get back together, but to asuage his guilty conscience. sooo unhelpful!! but, i can rest easier today. it is a home day with my boys. i am so excited to go for a walk this am and go to music class. bbl

WO done, I am *almost* finished with my testing!! Chris on the other hand...:rolleyes:

Colleen, my Chris and I are doing STS together but at different times of day. It would be an equipment-and-space nightmare if we tried to do it at the same time.

Morris, I am sorry to hear about your mom, good that you got in to talk to someone yesterday. I really don't know what to say, other than I am thinking of you!

Y'day was pretty clean, but not enough green veggies, so today I am focusing on that. Hopefully I can take Collin out to play in the snow after school, so I'm not sure on dinner, maybe take out.

Angie gym style legs you may hate/love them but it works.

Morris sorry about the stressmax but I bet your run felt good. I'm glad about your mom getting the help she needs.

Katie good going with the testing. While you focus on your veggies I'm going to focus on my protein. I read an article in Oxygen (Mar 09) concerning the amount of protein that I should be taking in and how often. I did the protein calculator and was surprise at home much I should be eating. So for now I'm going to count protein to see if that is why I get so hungry at night.

Kate what are you up to?

w/o today is Kelly Coffee step/kb 45min and STS core 2

BRB with menu

angie, good luck w/ french lessons! you'll do chouette!:D
does ryan let you vent about his folks to him? my il's are good people too but sometimes, like you said, wierd. mike lets me vent away, thank goodness. i have so many froends that arent allowe:(d to say boo about their il's. ita w/ katie about the cookie.

katie, good job on the 1rms. i could do more leg ones but im not going to. its just the 1 and 2's anyway. hope you get to play in the snow! dds were outide for a long time yday.

------------
I SLEPT SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!! went to bed at 930 - a record for me!!! slept til 4, nursed til 5, slept til 7. i feel so refreshed!
wo - cardio and/or stretching.
b - cereal, apple
l - sa lad of some sort
d - chili
???snacks

klaudia, didnt hear back from you yday. hope all is well
robin, i was reading about eaing a high-protein bfast (eggs) to keep more satisfied all day. i love my cereal tho!!! maybe i could do cereal for llunch and eggs for bfast.

Angie thanks for the french lesson....cul-de-sac:)

Kate oatmeal and other high carb cereals have protein. That's the other thing I thought was interesting. I'm glad you got a good night sleep.

DD is sick toda must have been the buffet y-day. The girls had a geat time but the food :confused:.

robin, i need to see how my protein cereals compare to eggs....
sorry about dd. i cant eat at habachi places.....always a bellyache the next day

Morning!

Sorry I never got back here yesterday. I didn't workout:( I hate when I let the day get away from me. I think I've decided to bypass the 1 rep tests-too daunting. I'm going to wing it! Aren't I the daredevil?;) I think today will be upper body-PUB up only premix. Send me your workout mojo-I need it!

Angie, merci beaucoup pour les bons mots hier! Tu est tres gentile. I should go back and see what I was doing last summer that got me those results and try it again:) Have fun with your in-laws. I vent to Darrin about them and vice versa, but he knows who butters his bread and doesn't complain much. Are you doing all of GS Legs? I usually break it up-makes it more fun.

Katie, the snow missed us this time:) Darrin started Meso 2 yesterday and really liked it. I need to get him to log his workouts and eat more! He wants to put some size on, but is a total ecto-6'4", 195! Wish he'd listen.

Morris, I'm thinking of you. My mom has suffered from depression-bipolar-off and on for many years. She's been through a lot. I know first hand how it feels to be the child of someone who is suffering so. You're doing the right thing. I think therapy and a support group are great. And you can vent away anytime. Great workout, btw! Have fun with the boys!

Robin, sorry about dd. Hope she feels better soon. Just started reading Chad Waterbury's new book, Get Huge in a Hurry (got it for Darrin:)) and he recommends doing the same thing-counting protein only. He says it's very difficult to count calories consistenly, but protein is doable. I like his ideas.

Kate, glad you got good rest last night! I got the book Eat This, Not That for Kids. It has lots of good ideas for family eats. I need to revamp my grocery list-some of the stuff I thought was good is on his bad list! Always learning.

Hi Colleen! How's STS going?

b-cereal, fruit

bbl...

morris, im sure its hard being away from your mom. and hard to watch your dad be a putz! ive had my share of that!
enjoy your day w/ your boys. are the moms at music friendly?

klaudia, vibes comin atcha!!! i skipped abs last night:eek: - sleeping sounded so much better!
i love those "eat this" books! i should check ithat one out. and your protein one too...

amsnack was carrots & almonds....i wanted chocolate!:p

Good Morning Everyone!

Busy morning this morning. Early to work to help my coworker after staying late to clean up another coworkers project who is being let go today. I feel bad for her but she thinks work is secondary to the rest of her life. She always has special schedule requests and doesn't get her work done. Now I get to do it. Yeah!

Robin, sorry about DD. Are you sore today? My shoulders are killing me.
Katie, we only got a dusting. I hate when they promise a huge storm and then we get nothing. I don't really have enough equipment for Chris and I but I figure if he sticks with it then we will get more. Otherwise we just improvise.
Kate, glad you finally got some sleep last night. I bet it feels great.
Morris, I am glad your sis can stay with your Mom. I know that takes some of the stress away.
Angie, we are opposites. Legs is my favorite part to work but GS Legs always kills me.

w/o was HISM
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: 1/2 clif bar
l: grilled chicken salad
s: strawberries & yogurt, edamame
d: chicken tacos

hi again

thanks foir all the ikind words and support!

robin,i mayneed rthat book. i think i get hungry when i do not have enough carbs. at least early in the day.

klaudia, thanks for your sympathy. mym mom definately has bipolar tendencies. what is not good on the list for kids that yopu thought was ok? i need that book too i think.

angie, gs legs is a great wo. enjoy.

kate, i cannot vent to dh about his parents unless he starts it:( enjoy your wo today.

colleeen, sounds like more work is comibng at you.

okay, this is not working 1 handed, and finn is into mischeif! eats squeaky so far - ratatouille and cot cheese for a snack - i l9ve veggies

Hey gals,

So, I had to call MIL during "WO" time to help with the train sched from the airport tomorrow so I ended up doing the first timesaver WO for GS Legs and abs from PS chest/back/bis I think. It was about 45 min total and perfect for today since a nap really sounded more appealing than a WO.

Katie, I think starting next Monday (after in-laws leave), I am going to try 2 total detox days. I think I just need to remind my body what it feels like to eat well.

Robin, interesting info about the protein stuff. I know I don't get anywhere near enough of that. How was your WO?

Klaudia, (and others who asked about venting) I think that we would have virtually no relationship with my ILs if it weren't for me. Ryan invests very little time in anything/one outside of our little family unit. He's just a homebody and needs very little socialization and his parents (while he loves them) tend to drive him crazy. He prob vents more to me about them and I have to encourage him to be patient. They are really good people and take great care of us but do quirky things. Ryan just gets frustrated because they tried to "hold on" too long (mostly MIL). Anyway, it will be fun to have them here but I know Ryan will be ready to see them go. :)

Colleen, sorry about workdramamamax. Seems to never end for you. I actually don't mind standing leg work - it's the floor stuff that makes me want to cry!

Morris, ha ha on your one finger typing. I remember doing that while nursing. Everyone has good book suggestions today. I heard about the "eat this..." book on the biggest loser.

Ok, time to get Ellie up (super sleepyhead for nap today... should have WO'd longer!) and go get Annabel. BBL!

ang

colleen, are you hourly or salary? you put in a ton of hours......
sat night a builder called dh AT 10 OCLOCK!!!!! to schedule a service for monday!!!! like that couldnt have waited for daylight hours!

morris, you keep posting about ratatouille...i need to check out a recipe for that...

angie, good job getting ion your wo!
you are a good wife!:D

Kate you did warn me about that place. I like the Gordon Coral better.

Klaudia you can wing STS easy. That is what we all have been doing. That's a funny title "Get Huge in a Hurry" :eek: I'm going to look into that book, Thanks.

Colleen I guest it's good and bad that you co-worker is being let go but will you have more work to do?

Angie my w/o was fun and Cathe is hard no matter what she does. I did STS pilates core work and I'm already starting to feel it in my obliques.:)
The guys on the DVD were sitting with their legs open too :D

Morris here is how to calculate protein:
convert weight in pounds to KG by dividing by 2.2
then multiply that number by 1.5

For ex. 132# woman needs 99 grams of protein
132 divided by 2.2 multiply by 1.5

Off to fix up my shoulder 1rm train wreck.

WOW! The police and EMS just came and took away my neighbor! Not sure what's going to happen now, but I hope she gets some much needed help. The officer said he thinks she won't be back. They were here yesterday, too, with someone from Social Services, but they wouldn't tell us anything. Apparently what they saw was enough to convince them to come back. On a side note, why do they send out the cute cops-don't they know I haven't worked out yet?! I look like a disaster!

Have to make lunch and work out...

Lunch-hour drive by....

I am PMSing hard and I have gone off at work once already, and at my husband. I yelled at Collin this morning too. I need a chill pill.

Klaudia, you are a married woman, LOL! I wanna know what's happening to her, I'm so nosy!

Kate, ^^5 on the sleep!! I'm so excited for you!

Colleen, sorry about the work drama and lack of snow (although you might be happy, I dunno...) I hope they pay you a TON!

Morris, I haven't shipped out PS yet:eek: but I promise I will tomorrow, and i'll get it there by the weekend.

Angie, that sounds like a good way to work up to GS legs, good going. I'll keep you accountable next week!

I can't remember what else I read, I'm sorry. I'm having a bad day, please forgive me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.