**** CLEAN & TIDY THURSDAY ****

Hey ladies!

We just got home from Nevena's class. Never got around to my cardio yesterday. I did the pilates abs segment with the girls while Darrin was working out-so funny watching a 2 year old try and do the "hundred":) By the time he came up, I had hit a wall. I think I'm pmsing which doesn't help things. Today is STS4. I'm so out of order with these workouts! I might try and get outside for a walk with the girls-it's sunny and relatively warm-45*

Kate, nice workout! I could eat ALL day, too. Yesterday I had pretzels, and a handful too many of white cheddar cheese-itzs-totally unnecessary. I agree with everyone else-you're nursing and doing STS. That's a lot of hard work. Your body needs the fuel.

Katie, nice run! I'm going to do a 5k in May. I'll start training in a few weeks with the couch25k plan again. I'm hoping my 9 year old will do it with me:) Congrats on the new addition!

Robin, enjoy your rest day!

Morris, sending you feel good vibes. Put it all inperspective-you have lots of major changes going on in your life in addition to being a (sometimes single) working mom. Is it any wonder you feel discombobulated?! I don't have half as much stuff going on and I feel like that!

Anne, I like only doing the up or down premix on PUB-short and to the point. Nice score on the skirt! We don't have a Younkers nearby. I think there's one in Port Huron-is it like Macy's?

Colleen, sorry about the long hours. My husband will need to put in 12 hour days to hopefully get close to what he was getting when he was salaried. Not looking forward to seeing him even less. You're in great shape if you're only leaving off a few plyo jacks from an IMAX!!

My eating schedule is varied, but usually looks like this:

b-8:30-9:00
s-10:30-11:30
l-12:30-2:00
s-3:30-4
d-6-6:30

sometimes a late night nosh-cereal, popcorn, granola bar, etc.

b-kashi heart to heart, canned pears
s-chocolate chip zucchini bread
l-tuna ceasar salad
s-?
d-sloppy joes w/ground turkey, broccoli slaw

colleen, good job w/ i3!! those blasts are cathes hardest!
i WANT to do some r'therapy!!! just no time!:eek:

robin, no worries on the bluntness!:D i shouldnt go on & on....im just frustrated right now.
when i worked forthe chiro we had a patient who was just kinda normal in her ub....but herBUTT!!!!!!!! her butt and hips were so big!!! ive never seen anything like it! her hip fat stuck out a good FOOT from the side of her body. i am not exaggerating. how does that happen!!! sitting too much?? does it all pool up?

anne, im jealous of your hubby!!!:p
how on earth do you go so long til bfast!!!!! esp after wo'ing!!!

---------------------
well, i am satisfied from the larabar. ive been DROWNING myself in water. im a big water drinker but i am going full-boretoday
lunch is gonna be late:mad:! gotta do errands when its good for j. and thats as soon as im done nursing here. i'll take an apple. i'll eat eggs & 9-grain toast whrnn i get home.
GOINGTO BEST BUY 4 NEW LAPTOP!!!!!!

klaudia, that is awful about dh working more. glad you got your abs in. enjoy sts 4! i am glad your weather is nice. some people here are still without power since monday's storm, and we have another one coming on sunday:(

kate, i definately need extra carbs and snacks while nursing. just what my body needs i guess to keep feeding aidan.

anne, glad you are excited about work. and your dh is a peach!

colleen, sorry for the long days. any vacation plans coming up?

well, good news ad bad - i am leaving work early b/c it is so quiet. but i am happy to home and walk my dog, make dh some cookies and do some errands. bbl hopefully

LOL, Robin, as a matter of fact, yes! And he's an even better cook than DH! He's a bit odd, in my opinion, but a really good guy and very smart. Let me know if you want me to tell him to job hunt in NC! (He's unemployed right now, he worked in the auto industry.)

Kate, I'm usually busy when I first get to work and I have to drink my Diet Coke before I eat breakfast (why? I don't know, I just do!). Plus, I forget. It's not that I don't get hungry, but I'm hungry so much of the time that it just doesn't register that much. Then, I'll hear my stomach growl and realize I haven't had breakfast yet.

Klaudia, sorry about the long hours for Darrin. That's too bad. Yes, there is a Younker's in PH. I'd say it's a notch below Macy's, but definitely a step up from Penney's. It could be on par with Macy's, they sell Anne Klein, Jones New York Signature, the brand of the skirt I bought, which I'd never heard of, Victor Acaro. Does that give you an idea?

Morris, enjoy your unexpected free time this afternoon!

Colleen, I hope you're able to get a lot done today!

anne

starving/PMSing woman + pizza lunch meeting = not good:eek:

I am sitting at my desk typing on my iPhone, such a rebel! I'll catch up tonight!

whew! im back!

klaudia, that stinks about d's long hrs. 12s are the norm around here but its always been that way...guess ive gotten used to it. thinking of fl still?
too cute on you all doind abs!! i love when dds join in.
cheezits!!! choke!!! i cant even look at those things but dds love em! i dont getit!:p
hope u get your sts in!

morris, you get storm after storm! yikes! i would love all the days off school!!!
sorry your hrs got shorted... nice to have more time at home tho. when you move. i take it your license transfers?
what kind of cookies??? i'll live thru you today!

anne, my mom starts every day w/ a coke. how can you gals drink pop in the morning?!

katie, sorry about pizzamax. drink water/flush it thru!

---------------------
had my apple on the rd.
ate a few tortilla chips at horrocks. (grocery total now = 240)
lunch at 2pm was 2 eggs, 1 white. half an orang pepper, toast
im very satisfied. if i want to eat before dinner i'll have a clementine
still not sure whats for dinnr....too many options. nice change!

i did get a new laptop. finally!
colleen, they were going to charge me $40 TO "OPTOMIZE" it.:confused: he said it would change settings and fix microsoft errors. i declined. is it necessary?

Kate, what kind of laptop did you get?

I have a question for you guys--I have a box of Honey Peanut Balance Bars that are now on the recall list of peanut products. However, I ate some of them before they were put on the list. I did not get sick from them. Do you think that means the rest of the box is safe? Or should I throw them out? They're my snack at work and I *heart* them, but I don't want to get sick!

anne

Anne, I got another Sony. It has a nice big screen to see Cathe with!;)
I say Go for it on the bars! Live on the wild side! Of course, things could get REALLY wild if you do eat them!:eek: I did call Clif to get a refund for my bars.....havent sent it yet tho!:mad:

Making panko-crusted baked shrimp. supposed to taste like its fried.:confused: Mshed potato too....I SWEAR mine are tidy. Big salad too. I got lots of fresh veggies at Horrocks today!:D

AND I DONT HAVE TO WO TONIGHT!!!!!!!

Anne, I would get rid of them, just to be safe. We don't want you to get sick. Here I am complaining about Darrin's hours when I should be very grateful that he even has a job in this dismal economy. And he does put in those kinds of hours anyway-especially in the summer. Such is life.

Kate, how can you not like cheese-itzs?! We love the white cheddar kind-yum! Yay on the new laptop!

Morris, I feel so crummy to be complaining when so many people are dealing with so much worse stuff. Hope you enjoyed your afternoon:) And I hope that storm misses you-I'm sick of this and it's not even March!

Katie, I bet I could smoke you in a pizza eating contest-so don't feel too badly!

Workout is done-STS4. I have come to the conclusion that my shoulders are weak-those bb shoulder press 1.5?! Yeah, right! I had to switch to dumbells and still couldn't finish. Everything else I could do-and thanks to Katie's inspiration-I did ALL those stupid push ups on my toes, too! Tomorrow should be interesting. Eats are good-except for a handful of baked Doritos when I was fixing the girls lunch!

klaudia, you have very right to vent about d's job situation.
baked doritos are okay cheat on "eat this"
my left shoulder is miserably weaker than my right. it fails about 4 reps before my right! do you think its prefatiguedfrom holding julia?

dinner was good. then mike unveiled a mini-cake he brought home! hes never done that before! i had a minimini slice. they took care of the rest.

dinner was good. then mike unveiled a mini-cake he brought home! hes never done that before! i had a minimini slice. they took care of the rest.

Mmmmm, cake!

My appetite is out of control, and I just fell asleep immediately after dinner on the couch. My hormones are so out of whack. I am PMSing like C R A Z Y :eek: HELP ME!

How about a Reese's Peanut Butter Egg contest:eek:

did you have one , you lucky dog!!!!????
i looooove those things!

sory youre feeling yucky. sts tomorrow a.m. will take care of it. i do NOT miss riding the cotton pony!:p
bigglass of water and get some good sleep!:)

is this day over yet?????

klaudia, you still have a right to complain, reagardless of what other people are sealing with. my situation culd be worse too, but sometimes it is just hadr! great wo and eats!!

katie, sending you sympathy vibes re pms. tomorrow will be better. can you send me your address? i ened to get your dvd back to you now that i am done my rotation. also, what do i owe you for the shipping?

kate, hope the shrimp was good. i never did make cookies - not enough time.

hi anne, hi colleen

ended up walking the dog and getting kiddos early. i lvoe em! nice evenign with dh, though i am reluctant to let him go. trying to put on a good face. bed soon, then a circuit type wo with my elliptical tomorrow morning. bbthen

OMG! Riding the cotton pony?!! Hilarious!

Katie, last week Darrin went nuts at CVS-he bought king sized kitkats, reese's pb cups, hershey bars, whatchamacalits, and almond joys!! I went berserk! It was bad, very bad. And there was ice cream, too! Thank goodness it's all gone now;) PMS is making me tired, too.

Kate, cake?! You have some willpower!

I think I might get on the treadmill for a walk when Darrin goes to pick up Danica from dance-need to burn some calories and release some endorphins.

Hi Morris, thanks for the shoulder!

morris, u r nursing right now arent you?:p
you are a good wife. when mike would work out of town id cry all day the day he left ----and we didnt even have kids yet!!!

klaudia, all that candy - oh my!! the damage i could do!:rolleyes: but you look amazing! like youve never ate a fat gram in your life! how do you do it!!!??:eek::cool:
enjoy your tm time!

my cs dvds will be here by tuesday!!!!!!

katie katie katie!!!!!!!!!!!!

girl, look what ii just found for you!!!
its from cooks country - their recipes ALWAYS work.
i immediately thought of you!

Reduced-Fat Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Serves 15
Any cream cheese with 1/3 less fat will work here. To ensure thick frosting, use marshmallow creme (such as Fluff or Jet-Puffed), not marshmallow sauce. Shred carrots on large holes of a box grater or with the shredding disk of a food processor.

Cake
2 1/2cups all-purpose flour 2teaspoons baking powder 1teaspoon baking soda 1 1/2teaspoons ground cinnamon 1/2teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/8teaspoon ground cloves 1/2teaspoon salt 2large eggs 1(4-ounce) jar carrot baby food 1cup packed brown sugar 1/2cup vegetable oil 1pound carrots , peeled and shredded
Frosting
1(8-ounce) package Neufchatel (1/3 less fat) cream cheese , softened 1cup marshmallow créme (see note) 1 1/2teaspoons vanilla extract 1/4cup confectioners' sugar
1. HEAT OVEN Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 13- by 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray and line bottom of pan with parchment paper.
2. MAKE BATTER Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt in large bowl. With electric mixer on medium speed, beat eggs, baby food, and sugar until smooth and creamy, 1 to 2 minutes. With mixer still running, slowly add oil and mix until thoroughly incorporated, about 1 minute. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in two additions, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary, and mix until batter is nearly smooth. Fold in carrots.
3. BAKE CAKE Spread batter in prepared pan and bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out with few moist crumbs attached, 24 to 28 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking. Cool cake in pan 10 minutes, then invert onto wire rack. Remove parchment and flip cake right-side up to cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours.
4. MAKE FROSTING With mixer on medium-high speed, beat together cream cheese, marshmallow creme, and vanilla. Sift confectioners' sugar over cream cheese mixture and beat on low speed until mixture is smooth, about 1 minute. Frost cooled cake. Serve

Mmmmmmm, Kate, carrot cake, MY FAVORITE!!

Klaudia, ALLLL of that candy sounds sooooo good....

Morris, I will PM you!

I am craving chips. And chocolate. Lots of both. Luckily my kitty is on her way and she will be a good distraction. If I make it to bed without eating anything else it will be a miracle.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.