:-:-:-:-::: clean / tidy Monday :::-:-:-:-:

I am at a work conference today thru Wednesday at this beautiful place in Virginia beach - foundersinn.com. My mom and Collin are with me, and poor chris is at home with the furbabies.

As many of you may have seen on fb, I caved at the Cheesecake Factory last night. I had never been there and omw was it amazing.

I am headed over to the fitness center for a run in a few - hoping for 5 miles maybe? There are several great pools here also, so I may try to do some swimming one day.

Bbl - I am posting mostly on my phone, so it's going to be sporadic. If I start posting a lot, you'll know I'm in a reeeaaaaallllyyy boring session!!

Katie, Enjoy that fancy hotel and the time away! You were at this same seminar last year weren't you?

I caved last night too.:eek: Cookies & ice cream. Oops.
Back on track today!

-
Today is groceries, laundry, and house cleaning. Fun stuff, huh??? I'm hoping to get a lot of m chore stuff done today so we can play the rest of the week. It's going to be HOT and HUMID and I want to be able to have lots of beach and pool time.

Morning!

I caved to cake and ice cream too-and chips with dip, chocolate covered pretzels...:eek: So much for watching my eats before vacay! In my defense-I had to have cake-Danica made and decorated it! Kate, you'd have been proud! She planned her aunt's whole party with to-do lists, decorations, favors, everything. It was impressive. The girls switched rooms yesterday-no more crib:( Bittersweet moment. But they were all so excited! Today Milla starts 1st grade prep-extra tutoring before school starts and my parents are coming by cause there's yet another problem with the Durango. Cleaning and laundry on tap here too. I'm going to do circuits and 1 total body this week to help lean me out a bit-we'll see!

Katie, one piece of cheesecake will do you no harm! Enjoy the time with your mom and Collin. Hope the seminar's not too boring!

Kate, hope you get all your stuff done so you can have fun with the girls! I need to get my vacation stuff done-clean up, shop for stuff, pack, etc. What does Darrin have to do? Bring a bathing suit!

kl, its so busy before vacation isnt it??? lots of deep breaths!
so we all fell off the wagon so far!:p we're back on it w/ healthy eats, cold water, and busy bodies!
glad the rm switch went well
and too cute on your little party planner!

Morning

Katie post away....we will help you if you get bored. Enjoy your vacation....I mean work conference.;)

Kate I think it's going to be over 100 degrees out here. Get the chores done so you can have some summer fun.

Klaudia now I want some cake and ice cream. I really want some carrot cake. Good going Danica...what kind of party favors?

Today I'm off from work so I'm going to do CLX Lean circuit and 1/2 hr out cardio...maybe ellip. Even though I burn alot of calories at work I still need to get my HR in the zone for better cardiovascular benefits. Believe or not I was thinking about this at work yday.

bbl

Robin, LOL about thinking about working out at work yesterday. I do that all the time.

Kate, do the girls help with cleaning? Have fun getting your errands done today--ha! I hope you get some down time, too.

Klaudia, that is too cute about Danica. Is she an aspiring party planner? What day do you leave for your beach house?

Katie, enjoy that nice hotel and your conference. That's so nice that your mom and Collin could go with you.

Patti, happy belated anniversary! I hope you had a great one.

Colleen, you had to work on a Sunday? That would make me really cranky. Wait, I'm always cranky, so how would that be different?

Hi Lisa, how are you holding up through the storm? We had wicked thunderstorms last night, but luckily nothing came down in our yard this time.

Angie, is your mom still there? I bet you're having fun together.

Nina, are you getting settled? How is sleeping in the new house?

I had a nice dinner with my friend last night, it was good to visit with her. She lives about an hour away, so we don't see each other a lot, plus she has a very busy life (but, hey, who doesn't, right?). So we met halfway and I had macaroni and cheese. It was sinful, but delicious. And I did eat a salad, too. I'm supposed to go out with my running buddy tonight, but I'm going to see if she's willing to wait until later in the week when it's supposed to cool down some. Okay, lots to do at work today, lucky me!

anne

Morning! I did S&H biceps and then PH biceps, followed by 10-10-10 cardio. It was fun! My triceps are a bit sore, so that's good news.

I made cookies for Jeff last night and didn't eat any! Hmm, perhaps I should say YET. :eek: I made a double batch. :eek::eek::eek: I'll post the recipe- they are actually called breastfeeding cookies but they are J's favorite. HA!

No one is allowed to feel bad over the treats- we all work hard and are entitled from time to time to just eat WHATEVER. :D

Gotta work, BBL.

Breastfeeding Cookies

These are full of fiber and brewer's yeast is a natural way to increase your milk supply, plus its super-healthy.

-2 Tbsp flaxseed meal
-4 Tbsp water
-1 C butter (softened)
-1 C granulated sugar
-1 C brown sugar
-2 eggs
-1 Tsp vanilla
-2 C flour
-1 Tsp baking soda
-1 Tsp salt
-3 C oats
-1 C (or more to taste) dried cranberries (or cherries, raisins, or chocolate chips)
-2 Tbsp brewers yeast (be generous)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix flaxseed meal and water; let stand for 5 minutes. Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs one at a time, mix well. Stir flaxseed mixture and add with vanilla to creamed mixture. Beat until blended. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; add to mixture. Stir in oats, then cranberries, and finally brewers yeast. Scoop onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 8-12 minutes. Yields 6 dozen cookies.

Note: I don't use the brewer's yeast anymore (no more nursing and I never have it on hand for any other use). I also skip the pesty cranberries and use lots of chocolate chips! :eek:

Good Monday ladies!

Sorry i was MIA this weekend, let me tell ya, for those with kids, i feel for you! I had my best friends kids, Daughter, 9, son, 7 on Saturday. I'm freaking wooped!

Katie, the conference sounds really nice, we don't have Cheesecake Factory here, so i don't know how sinful we're talking :)

Kate, you planning a w/o today? I think the house chores are enough. Ice cream has calcium :)

Robin, nice w/o? How are the kids?

Anne, Mac and cheese is the ultimate confort food! I love it.

Today, back to work, alas, i need a vacation. You all have to keep me posted about Chicago, do you roughly know when?

Today, likely 45 min spin, and a circuit with core

Eats this weekend, well, not great, brunch on Saturday, yesterday was decent though.

Have a great day everyone,
Steph

hi everyone. i seem to have a good day, than a bad, then a good, and now... hope today goes okay buti am stressed and anxious and, well, you know. today was not supposed to be a run day, but i did a real quickie. also did gs bsb. need to do some legs later. this am we took the kids to the park - finn rode his bike! it is already 85 and humid. eats were great yesterday. i will not sbatoge myself today.

katie, have fun at the conference. question for you - do you put anything down on the floor in your living room when you do step? i sweat so much and do not want to get it everywhere.

kate, did you make the ic? sounds good.

patti, thanks for the recipe and rotation. i think i will start that in 2 weeks - need to do gs first to get abck into lifting.

robin, i think i am always planning my next wo:p

klaudia, getting ready for vacation is such a nightmare to me. after all this traveling aandiving out of a suitcase i am done for a while.

anne, enjoy your running buddy. hope work goes well.

hi colleen, hi lisa.

bbl - sorry i have been mia so much. i am still overwhelmed

Hi Everyone!

Did insanity this morning and it was good. I am going back to doing 1 body part a day so this morning was CTX Chest. Since I have PT exercises to do too, I am sticking with 1 body part to save time. If I can cut back on PT exercises, I will increase it to 2 parts a day in a couple weeks. This week is week 1 of the furloughs. We were able to choose our week and mine is 8/24. I am really looking forward to a week off even if it is without pay.

Katie, Good thing you don't live 10 minutes from the cheesecake factory like I do. If want to know how bad your dinner was, let me know. I have their nutritionals and it is scary.
Nina, sending you clean eating vibes!! Today will be a good day!!!
Robin, I agree it is still good to get your hr up even if you are moving a lot for your job.
Klaudia, you are lucky to have a little party planner. I hate doing it.
Kate, I can't eat cookies and cream ice cream (stomach bug when I was little) but I am glad you enjoyed. Back on the wagon today.
Patti, good job frying your bi's. I agree we can have a treat every so often, but one leads to 2 and then we are off the wagon.
Anne, I was cranky about working especially because I had to work because my coworker is on furlough. hope you can postpone your run. It is hot out there.
Steph, sorry the kids wiped you out over the weekend. Do you spin at a gym?

Steph! How could I forget to say hi to you? Sorry about that! I don't know how people with kids do it, either. The noise alone would do me in.

anne

Glad you had fun last night, anne!

Robin, Great WOs and have fun at work!

Patti, Copying your recipe! Nina, Lisa, and I can use it for sure! But what is Brewers Yeast? How is it different than conventional or rapid rise?

Colleen, Good plan on your WOs! A week off sounds FANTASTIC!

Steph, LOL about the kids! You are a good friend!

Nina, I BET you're overwhelmed! Deep breaths! I think you're doing great! You're doing some awesome wo's!

I've got a bit of stress today and also trying to get the house ready for the new floors. Our bedrm is going to be ripped up for 10 days!!! The flooring takes 2 days to put down, 2 days to stain, and 5 days to sit w/ nothing on it. We're setting up the bed in the Great Room. Most everything is out of our room - just need Mike to help tonight with the bed and getting the toilet out of the bathroom. Can't do those on my own!:p:p:p Not sure if I'm getting a WO.:( I feel like I need some stress-busting cardio.....but there's so much to do here today. Send me some vibes, ladies!!!

On a happy note, DDs are in their bedrm singing together and it melts my heart!:):):)

Thanks, Patti! My stepdad makes his own beer - I bet he has some that I could borrow a few Tablespoons from!

where my peeps at?!?!?!

dinner was taco salad! I definitely ate too much salsa! but it was ssssssoooooo good!

Is there such a thing as too much salsa? Not in my world.

The day got away from me--story of my life these days.

Kate, how was the taco salad?

I'm just hanging out, trying to decide what I want for dinner. There are some leftovers in the fridge, I'll probably just have those. Have a great night, everyone!

anne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.