###clean&tidy hump day###

klaudia, we have never had lice but ita - gross!!!
youre so good to be on the pto. im the sec of our pre-k board but i RUN from the elem. board!
roasts are SO EASY! and i literally have to scoop mine out of the pan w/ a spoon they're so tender.
good wo - hope i get mine!

no lunch - too busy. had a bb muffin:confused:
what a day!!!

Kate-it was lice:( The youngest one has it so she kept the other 3 home to disinfect. Danica went to dance with one of the girls yesterday-hope she didn't get too close! As for PTO, I'm not a board member, just a volunteer. That's plenty, thanks. And I got Darrin to pick up Danica and I'm skipping the meeting:)-they can just tell me what to do when the time comes. Ok, I'm making a roast this Sunday. I'll need your recipe when you get some free time:)

klaudia, ^5 on a night off!!
the roast is embarrassingly easy! take a frozen hunk of chuck roast, put it in one of those black speckled covered roasters. fill it w/ water halfway up the roast. put it in the oven on the middle rack at 250 degrees. do a.ll of this just after lunch. by dinnertime it will be fall apart yummy. i season mine w/ salt and pepper after i get it out. oh yeah, after you take it out of the pan let it sit on a carving board with the roast pan top on it so the juices can reabsorb and not sploosh out all over when you cut it.

1 cookie ended up being 4, and, gulp, a few spoonfuls of peanut butter. argggg. why do i feel like i am 1 step forward and 2 back??? to top[ it off, no nap. but, finn is being so good, and he did play independantly for 35 minutes in the basement. i did some floor work for energy. at least we will all be in bed early.

klaudia, yeah for no cooking tonight. sometimes it is easier with dh gone b/c not only do i not have to cook dinner, no one watches what i eat (cup of soup and nibble of chicken and carrot - making up for the cookies a bit). i love me - one of my favs. hope there is no lice in your house.

kate i cannot do roasts b/c i do not know what kind of meat to get. i can buy boneless skinless chicken, turkey, that is it.

anne, i am embarrassed to say i have no idea what those websites are. enlighten me.

well, full work day tomorrow with an early meeting to start. it will completely stress me out. hope to check in by lunch. i will be running in the am , though! good night

morris, my day has been less than stellar foreats too. if i made cookies i would bet id have eaten more than 4!

the websites are foodgawker.com and thepioneerwoman.com.
i am hopelessly addicted to both! esp pw!
ive never made anythingfrom fg. i just like to, well, gawk!:p
=====================================================
i cannot even explain how wierd this day has been! eats are wierd, ive got zero done but managed to be busy all day! go figure!

Hi Everyone!

I am glad today is over. It was busy and everytime I walked back to my desk there was another crisis. I felt like I should have a ticket system. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little better (just remembered I forgot to email something to someone - oh well).

Kate, lemon meringue pie sounds so good.
Klaudia, sorry about the lice. Hope your kids don't get it.
Morris, I hate days when 1 cookie turns into too many. Glad finn gave you some time to workout.

I guess I should start dinner soon. I am starving. I was so busy I never I had my afternoon snack.

Hey ladies, I'm exhausted! Colleen, my Wednesdays are similar to yours I think -- one appointment after another after another... Mentally exhausting!

My dinner was good -- brown rice, black beans, chicken, onions, green peppers, all seasoned with lime juice and cilantro. I have definitely cut back on carbs today, I hope I look and feel better tomorrow.

I need to go to bed....

Okay, Step Fit is done! Angie, what did you think of the butt floss? I saw plenty of that at the Firm in the early/mid 90s. Okay, I admit I fast forwarded through some of the teaching sections, but I still worked out for almost an hour, so I figure that's good. Two more work outs to go this week and I have 3 days to do them--should be doable!

Colleen and Katie, your Wednesdays sound like my Tuesdays. I have meetings almost all day almost every Tuesday. Very draining.

Morris, good luck at your meeting tomorrow. I can "hear" in your posts that running again is helping you manage stress, isn't that great? And check out the sites Kate put up, they're fun! I can't stay on them too long, though, or I won't get anything done.

Kate, I have been reading Black Heels. I just finished the part where she spent the day at the ranch and went in the ditch with her future MIL. That's totally something I would do!

Klaudia, good idea to skip the meeting. I tried to get DH to skip his meeting tonight as it's snowing here again, but he's missing next month and didn't want to miss two in a row. He's so responsible and reliable. Two things I love about him, wink. And, a Sunday could work, it depends when it is.

Robin, I'm sure you're looking forward to STS.

Okay, gotta get some dinner. I think I'll have leftover bean and ham soup. I don't know how clean and tidy it is, but it does have lots of veggies!

I have meetings all morning tomorrow, so I don't think I can check in until later in the day. See you tomorrow, folks.

anne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.